Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Oct 2007, 03:58 (Ref:2051660)   #51
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
post from another forum - I have no idea on the accuracy!

"For the 2007 season.
Counting DNFs from the last unaffected lap. (including non mechanical DNFs )
Not counting races where one driver failed to complete 10 or more laps
I have dropped laps where it was apparent that one driver had been slowed by a mechanical problem
Not including teams that has so many driver changes i could not be bothered sorting it out.

NR was ahead of AW 11 to 3 average positions ahead 3.14

MW was ahead of DC 12 to 2 average positions ahead 2.78

KR was ahead of FM 9 to 8 average positions ahead 1.07

NH was ahead of RK 12 to 4 average positions ahead 0.93

JB was ahead of RB 7 to 5 average positions ahead 0.92

FA was ahead of LH 10 to 7 average positions ahead 0.29

JT was ahead of RS 7 to 7 average positions ahead 0.28

HK was ahead of GF 9 to 6 average positions ahead 0.27"

anyone who puts DC in their Top 10 wasn't watching RBR very closely!
Old 26 Oct 2007, 16:56 (Ref:2052164)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why? I considered Coulthard I must say. His qualifying let him down though. I put Webber in because I well remembered the outrage in the 2005 thread but to be honest I was struggling once I got past the top seven anyways!

It's a top ten based on many things not just a throwaway statistic.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2052202)   #53
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"anyone who puts DC in their Top 10 wasn't watching RBR very closely!"

must admit after 7 its quite difficult to say who's done anything special... but the fact is MW never brings the car home, (either its bad luck or he is not able to do the job), so I went for DC, end of the day RBR will be delighted they have DC as thats who brought the points home.

I'd love to see MW doing well but he's had plenty of chances now and its just not working, wonder if Ron D would risk replacing Alonso with him then we'd get to see what he could do in a reliable car (it would probably break though with his luck)
Old 26 Oct 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2052243)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-C
10) Button - Once he got over the frustration of realising another year was wasted almost before it had begun, he comfortably had the measure of Rubens...
Q. JB 10 RB 7
R. JB 8 RB 9 (in all races)
R. JB 4 RB 6 (in races both finshed)
Crucially three of those race Jenson scored points, Rubens never scored points.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2052258)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
In no particular order .......

Heikki,
Nico,
Lewis,
Kimi,
Felipe,
Fernando,
Jenson,
Nick,
Robert,
DC.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 19:18 (Ref:2052279)   #56
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I expect DC was a lot more than 2.78 places behind Webber in qualifying on average in those situations. In the races when both Red Bulls finished it was often DC who came out on top, and perhaps in a more reliable car he would have frequently overhauled Webber (aided by the way non-top-10 qualifiers can fuel up, of course). He was lucky to finish ahead in the championship (Japan was the unfortunate decider) and I didn't put him in my top 10, but he was nowhere near as bad as that factette suggested.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 22:39 (Ref:2052419)   #57
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Here's mine:

1. Raikkonen. The WDC and maybe the last of a dying breed. He's the class of the field, likes to drink, likes women, unflappable under pressure and blindingly fast...what's not to like??

2. Heidfeld. Quiet and focused and fast, fast...a future WDC.

3, Massa. Blindingly fast in qualifying and a match for anyone....unless it rains.....

4. Hamilton. An enormous talent as a racer only matched by an enormous capacity to choke under pressure.

5. Alonso. Came closer than we would like to think to winning the WDC. In the end he got to the podium in the last race in an underpowered car. A champion of whinning and a vengeful personality but truly up there in talent....mark my words, we haven't seen the last of him.

6. Coulthard. There's a lot more life in the old boy than meets the eye. I wonder what he could have done in the McLaren. A class act.

7. Sebastian Vettel. I'm only rating him this low because of the few races he drove. I wonder also what he would have done in a top team as the favourite of the director.

8. Rosberg. A future WDC. Enormous talent....is it the genes???

9. Kubica. Very, very fast and only needs to put the races together

10. Kovalainen. Want to win...hire a Finnn. Enough said....Keeps the tradition.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 23:39 (Ref:2052437)   #58
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Q. JB 10 RB 7
R. JB 8 RB 9 (in all races)
R. JB 4 RB 6 (in races both finshed)
Crucially three of those race Jenson scored points, Rubens never scored points.
Rubens had a very strong (in relation to Jenson) start of the year, but from Magny Cours onwards though it was 4-2 to JB on races both finished and 6-4 in qualifying, and that included points finishes for Jenson in relatively normal dry races in Magny Cours and Monza. That's pretty much what I was describing; though I probably was a bit harsh on Rubens.

Really the first 7 decided themselves on the list, the other three I picked based on what they did with what they had.

Last edited by J-C; 26 Oct 2007 at 23:49.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 01:59 (Ref:2052466)   #59
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
In the races when both Red Bulls finished it was often DC who came out on top,

Once!! - China

There were only 3 other races where they both finished -France, Europe and Hungary - Webber in front in all three.

Of the races one or other DNF'd - Webber would have been in front 90% of the time.

Most of the year Webber was battling at the front of the mid-field pack (Rosberg, Renaults, Trulli), sometimes for good points, sometimes for scraps, depending on the "top 6" - DC wasn't.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 08:09 (Ref:2052534)   #60
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Once!! - China

There were only 3 other races where they both finished -France, Europe and Hungary - Webber in front in all three.

Of the races one or other DNF'd - Webber would have been in front 90% of the time.

Most of the year Webber was battling at the front of the mid-field pack (Rosberg, Renaults, Trulli), sometimes for good points, sometimes for scraps, depending on the "top 6" - DC wasn't.
Exactly, MW comprehensively outclassed DC in both Qualifying and Races until the inevitable breakdown. He and NR were the standout "Teammate vs Teammate" performers (and MW comprehensively beat NR when they were teammates). He is simply the unluckiest GP driver of all time. BTW, Boots is not renowned as a Webber fan.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 09:06 (Ref:2052546)   #61
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 - Raikkonen - Most wins, deserved champion.
2 - Hamilton - Most impressive rookie in years, had a great car of course, but you still have to do it. I'm not a fan of him, but he's good, no doubt about that.
3 - Rosberg - Impressive season, Williams is a difficult car, but made the best of it, also great run in the last race in Brazil. If Alonso leaves McLaren, he should get the seat.
4 - Heidfeld - This was his make of break year, and he didn't fail. Especially his race in Canada was impressive. I hope BMW can improve even more next year.
5 - Massa - Very quick, but a bit inconsisent. Could have finished higher up.
6 - Alonso - Nürburgring and Monza were class races, but other races, he nowhere to be seen. But still a master in consisensy, which almost made him champion. He'll be back strong next year.
7 - Kovalainen - Rough start, but had a very strong midseason with a well deserved podium in Japan
8 - Webber - Good qualifying, was more upfront that DC, but had a lot of failures. Shame.
9 - Sutil - Same as Kovalainen, rough start, but made trash of al his teammates. He deserves a better car.
10 - Vettel - Strong performances on dificult tracks. He and Liuzzi made a great pair, hopefully he and Bourdais can improve Toro Rosso even more.

Honorable mentions for Kubica (good recovery from a horrible crash), Coulthard (had some strong weekends) and Button (when the car was quick, he was quick). I was not impressed by Fisichella, Wurz (Canada was a lucky shot, everyone could have finished 3rd that day), Albers, Yamamoto and the whole Toyota team.

Last edited by Daisy; 27 Oct 2007 at 09:10.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 13:34 (Ref:2052655)   #62
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
and MW comprehensively beat NR when they were teammates
Well that was largely due to Rosberg being a rookie and pushing too hard at times. If you had them compete on this years form it'd be a completely different story.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 14:24 (Ref:2052673)   #63
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would say it would be pretty even, with Rosbergs speed getting him there sometimes and Webber's experience getting him there sometimes.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2052693)   #64
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Well that was largely due to Rosberg being a rookie and pushing too hard at times. If you had them compete on this years form it'd be a completely different story.
Can only compare them in the same car ... but please note that I'm not denigrating Nico at all - love the way he goes about it.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2052699)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
BTW, Boots is not renowned as a Webber fan.
As opposed to...
Old 29 Oct 2007, 07:28 (Ref:2053807)   #66
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
As opposed to...

Knowlesy??

nah.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 11:20 (Ref:2053940)   #67
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
In the races when both Red Bulls finished it was often DC who came out on top
Might want to check your numbers on that one, I get 3 out 4 in MW's favour (yes, only 4 times did both cars finish!) I haven't got into a race by race to see who was in front when each retired, I'm sure someone else can be bothered

I would hate to place my top 10 in order, so alphabetically will have to do.

Alonso : When he felt like it, he was on it (the pass around the outside of Massa). But TBH, I never rated that high before, and Hamilton has proven it as far as I'm concerned. That Renault was bloody quick!

Coultard : Not traditionally a fan of DC's, but for the oldest guy out there, he is making it work. I never believed David worthy of the Mac/Williams drive, but midfield is his specialty, and he gets results.

Hamilton : I'm sure a much more experienced driver has been wearing that helmet, but I can't recall one as fast and ballsy.

Kubica : Some might wonder why I put him in and not Nick, but Nick is very experienced and should be in front. I love the way this guys races.

Raikkonen : Was not keen on him at the beginning, he looked like he had his Ferrari paycheck and was in cruise mode. But in the 2nd half, boy did he get it together.

Rosberg : As Others have said, future race winner here.

Vettle : From Hero to Zero to Hero.

Webber : As others have said, very unlucky. But so quick.

BMW : *Hey I can pick whatever I want

Talk about stepping up, top effort. Shame nobody made them work for it.

Super Aguri : All I can say is 'Ouch! for Honda'.

Shame file :

Honda : Get serious, or leave.
Fisi : This isn't even funny anymore. Retire, please.
Ralf : I defended you many times buddy, but you on your own. Cya.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 12:19 (Ref:2053991)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
Ralf : I defended you many times buddy, but you on your own. Cya.
Tired of supporting the little bro !
Old 29 Oct 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2053998)   #69
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't remember Wrex defending Ralf.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 29 Oct 2007, 12:31 (Ref:2053999)   #70
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a TGF supporter he also had some simpathy for the lil bro...

Not like AMoffat though...
Old 29 Oct 2007, 12:49 (Ref:2054016)   #71
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy
1. Winklehock. Who else led a race by 30 seconds at the end of lap 1?

Joking aside...

1. Kimi. Talk of him being replaced mid-season in this very board showed that he clearly wasn't performing anywhere near expectations. Got his head down, didn't say much, worked hard and got the title.

2. Lewis. Although I was more surprised by Davidsons 11th place grid slot in Aus than Lewis 4th place, he clearly made the most of a fantastic package and delivered so much more than anyone was expecting.

3. Rosberg. Often outperforming where you think he should be, he came back well after getting trounced by Webber last year.

4. Vettel. Purely for China. He must have felt a right plum after Fuji, but got his head down just a week later and brought a TR home in the points.

5. Webber. Ridiculously unlucky, but then the RB hasn't been the most reliable car this year.

6. Kovy. Pretty crap start to the season, let's be honest, but worked hard and the results came. Rookie of the year, if it wasn't for a certain lad from Stevenage...

7. Button. He may as well have been driving a taxi. Never seemed to grumble, never slagged off the team, just remained professionaly and got on with the job.
A very good observation on Davidson's 11th grid place 'Ingsy'. So why doesn't he merit a place in your 'Top Ten' then? Or can't you count past seven? (only joking). What about Ant's grid 11 lap in Turkey, a far superior Qualifying lap technically than most ahead of him on that grid in faster, better aero cars!

Accepting that as a mere 'drivers dad' I'll be dismissed by most as just biased, I must express my utter surprise at the number of people whom have included Sutil in their top ten! WHY? He's a totally 'tosspot' our book! Sorry! He had the benefit of a new car to start with and a 'B' spec development car as well, but has never driven a lap good enough to be higher on the grid than 19th (only time he ever out qualified Ant's older car...by one spot).
He crashed into Anthony at the first race and crashed into him at the last race, so clearly has learned very little!

Some have even praised Sutil for beating his team-mates, would he have beaten Takuma Sato as often as Anthony managed in his team?...No chance at all!

Surprising to me then how many rate him above Anthony, not that I'm sure Anthony rates quite into the 'Top Ten' myself. But wether you like it or not...he was 'technically' a rookie too this year having only 2 previous outtings to his name previously (can't count Sepang) Yet despite older an seat he outqualified the works Honda's on no less than 8 times! That must count for something? A Canadian poster earlier on in this thread said "Davidson was a disapointment" !...Why did he even mention Ant, this about the 'Top Ten'! Perhaps if he had helped cull their pesky local Ground Hogs, Anthony would have impressed him with what should have been 4th place in Canada and 6 effing points!!!!

1. Kimi
2. Alonso
3. Webber
4. Heidfeld
5. Kubica
6. Jenson
7. Hamilton
8. Massa
9. Hekki
10. Ant

Last edited by Rennen; 29 Oct 2007 at 12:55.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2054032)   #72
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
thanks for that Rennen

do others "in the know" (or at least closer than most of us!) share some of your views? Webber/Hamilton/Sutil for instance?
Old 29 Oct 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2054036)   #73
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So having a 2006 car which won races is worse than having a cheaply-build uncompetive car which happens to have been newly built in 2007? As for beating team-mates, three of the previous top 5 was beaten by their team-mates, so that's obviously not a big deal to you. It's surprising to see how low Rennen has placed the other rookies - beating a double world champion is apparently little better than beating a crash-prone journeyman who's only in F1 due to nationality. Placing Ant so close to Kovalainen and Hamilton, and ahead of Rosberg, is frankly daft.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2054201)   #74
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think what Rennen has done, possibly with a little paternal bias, is attempt to do what I find impossible and tht's compare the performances of drivers in completely different cars.

For me, Kimi is #1 and that's as far as I go. Anyone who thinks otherwise has clearly been on holiday for the second half of the season.

I could give you the names of 10 or 11 other drivers who deserve consideration, but putting them in order is more than my knowledge allows. But, yes, Rosberg would be right in the middle of that group.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 18:30 (Ref:2054268)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Davidson didn't score a single point and was outperformed by Sato, how does he get in the top ten? He wasn't disappointing, after all it was a rare day that Aguri got points, but it didn't quite go as well as I thought. Another year should rectify this though (he is getting another year I hope!).