Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2579906)   #51
safety1
Rookie

Australia
Australia
safety1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
I had a great time today at Sandown

Big formula ford crash down the straight, drivers left, and a torana coming off at turn 9, thanks to some oil, with a big fuel tank fire.

I also had a great time at Sandown last weekend. Was a busy 3 days but it was a very eventful time.

In regards to this comment the incident at turn 9 was not because of oil already being on the track. Even from the race control footage you can see that Woolard came in too hot to begin with. We do not know if there was a mechanical failure, but there was not oil on the track before hand.

But your right it was a big fire. And all who attended the scene we're a great help. Feel sorry for all those who had to fix the fence afterwards, you all looked exhausted after that.
But even with all the incidents we finish early for the day so all crews did well to keep the day going and to keep people safe.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2580476)   #52
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The In Pit Lane Podcast and our new YouTube channel www.youtube.com/inpitlane now has last Tuesday's News Story of the Historic Sandown.
We also have coverage of Horsepower Heaven from Todd Road.
I've had some requests for our 1996 Historic Sandown special with Sir Jack Brabham that we played a bit of on the show a couple of weeks ago.
I need to do a lot of work on it as it's only on VHS but I'll start posting segments soon.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2580539)   #53
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
That is wrong Rob. There are many events at Sandown with 75 dba limits -including Porsche Club days -- that are monitered very carefully (by the same independent people that do race meetings at 95dba) that generally go ahead with minimal problems.
I often marvel at cars that seem loud that have no problems and others that you would not give a second thought to get pinged.
What has changed more recently is that organisers are now facing very LARGE 5 figure plus fines for breach with next to no tolerance--so can no longer afford to take chances.There are also more outside monitoring points than previously.
Needless to say-this is the result of idiotic local action groups.
Ok,I do know one thing,I bought new in 95/96 a 993 RS and within a year I got the EPA notice in the mail.
On being tested the car was right on 75dba.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 02:21 (Ref:2580540)   #54
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
The In Pit Lane Podcast and our new YouTube channel www.youtube.com/inpitlane now has last Tuesday's News Story of the Historic Sandown.
We also have coverage of Horsepower Heaven from Todd Road.
I've had some requests for our 1996 Historic Sandown special with Sir Jack Brabham that we played a bit of on the show a couple of weeks ago.
I need to do a lot of work on it as it's only on VHS but I'll start posting segments soon.
Any film of him driving my old 'Stang in the demo,within a few laps in a brand new race car with only 400bhp,seating position wrong for him he was doing 1.28s at Sandown.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2580609)   #55
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOTHFAIRY View Post
there is no other historic catagory that floats peoples boats more than a HTC or a Biante Muscle Car !!!!!
Try a true "historic" category like Group A and C, floats peoples boats in a "genuine" way.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2580614)   #56
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
Sandown has advised the various sprint events that run there that there will be a 75db noise limit. Also the council has insisted that the EPA be in attendance and will issue $100 on the spot fines to any car that transgresses. Exclusion from the event will be immediate, no warnings.
In view of the troubles I had at Lakeside in Sept, I guess this will mean Sandown has seen the last of my car then. It's a long way to travel and a gamble to spend the money to be sent home with a fine and the possibilty of having had no racing.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2580616)   #57
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
at the behest of locals who moved in after Sandown was established as a motor racing facility i'm sure...
Amaroo Park all over again!!
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2580632)   #58
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every thread about Sandown has the same crap about "its going to die". Wade has assured everyone the foreseable future includes motorsport and lets not forget he is a petrol head too!!! What a great event it was, Group A/C was disappointing with no Sierras, Skylines, 1 BMW, etc. though
Old 12 Nov 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2581064)   #59
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Amaroo Park all over again!!
hmmm miss hearing them practice on Saturday morning as i'm doing stuff around the house...
Old 12 Nov 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2581110)   #60
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
Every thread about Sandown has the same crap about "its going to die". Wade has assured everyone the foreseable future includes motorsport and lets not forget he is a petrol head too!!! What a great event it was, Group A/C was disappointing with no Sierras, Skylines, 1 BMW, etc. though
Bit like PM Chamberlain coming back from Germany "Peace in our time"
Old 12 Nov 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2581113)   #61
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
The In Pit Lane Podcast and our new YouTube channel www.youtube.com/inpitlane
It's great to see the videos on Youtube Brett. By the way, the guy beside Senna in this photo looks a lot like your 'long lost a brother', don't you think?

Last edited by Chris - Melb; 12 Nov 2009 at 23:40.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2581149)   #62
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
Any film of him driving my old 'Stang in the demo,within a few laps in a brand new race car with only 400bhp,seating position wrong for him he was doing 1.28s at Sandown.
Yes Rob only a quick grab going through the T2/3 chicane. But yes it's on there as well as him talking about his days running touring cars in England on his "weekends off"