Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will be first to greet the chequer in the SCA 1000?
#2 Tander/Davison 19 11.80%
#3 Noske/Bargwanna 1 0.62%
#4 Gaunt/McIntyre 0 0%
#5 Canto/Youlden 0 0%
#6 Richards/Winterbottom 8 4.97%
#7 Kelly/Kelly 5 3.11%
#8 Richards/McConville 5 3.11%
#9 Davison/Van Gisbergen 3 1.86%
#10 Owen/Price 1 0.62%
#12 Fiore/Bayliss 2 1.24%
#13 Fisher/Sieders 0 0%
#14 Jones/Jones 0 0%
#15 Pretty/Collins 1 0.62%
#16 McNally/Ricciardello 0 0%
#17 Johnson/Courtney 42 26.09%
#18 Luff/Webb 1 0.62%
#21 Lowe/Assaillit 0 0%
#22 Baird/Dumbrell 2 1.24%
#23 Walter/Douglas 0 0%
#24 Priaulx/Reynolds 1 0.62%
#25 Bright/Reindler 5 3.11%
#34 Caruso/Holdsworth 3 1.86%
#33 Ritter/Besnard 1 0.62%
#39 Kelly/Ingall 2 1.24%
#51 Skaife/Murphy 15 9.32%
#55 D'Alberto/Thompson 0 0%
#67 Slade/Morris 1 0.62%
#88 Simonsen/Thompson 1 0.62%
#111 Patrizi/Coulthard 2 1.24%
#247 Wood/Perkins 0 0%
#333 Wall/Tander 1 0.62%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes 39 24.22%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Oct 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2561599)   #676
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... have we seen any mention of the cause of the clutch problems with the #888 car?

There were no incar shots of the car or watching it at the track, with the sounds of a slipping clutch at all... the gearchanges still sounded very crisp, as they did all thru the race...

:
In the interview with Craig as shown on TV3 in NZ he said that the problem was that the clucth pedal would stick and stay on the floor and that it was intermittant but could be rectified by lifting the pedal with his foot. Once he stopped disengaging the clutch on gearshifts it wasn't really a problem which is why Jamie had no trouble getting it into gear at the last pitstop.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2561606)   #677
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
#888 car didn't look racy from the get go,most of the time it was just holding its ground with the cars around it.#2 car looked the fastest all day and it was obvious if it got to the front only mechanical failure,a kangaroo or a shopping bag was going to stop it.

....I'm still recovering from a 4 hour bus ride back from Bathurst to Sydney with a bunch of drunken Holden fans who sung continously songs only containing the words 'Holden' and 'Oi'......
Old 15 Oct 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2561691)   #678
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frosty vows to return!

Its nice that Frosty thanked the fire guys as well...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Oct 2009, 06:44 (Ref:2561753)   #679
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
J Dud's wrapup...good reading...

Quote:
Funny how a Bathurst loss makes the aches worse

Jamie Whincup

October 15, 2009 12:00am

I'M physically very sore and tired after a big weekend. Funny thing is you never feel sore when you win.

I probably don't feel any worse than any other year but a win sort of soothes the tiredness away.

It's always a bit tougher when you don't get the result you are after.

It was the first time in a long time I had been able to finish the race and I was happy to get the chance to do that.

As soon as I crossed the line I was straight on the radio to thank the guys in the pits. We battled very trying conditions all day and things just didn't go our way the whole time.

It was a big roller-coaster. We were in contention from the start, then got the drive-through penalty, so we dropped back, we had some ordinary wet pace, got back into contention, had some luck with a safety car, but couldn't convert it. We had just too many mistakes.

HRT won the race, like we did in the past three years, with no errors.

In the past we had won the race when we weren't the quickest, but we also didn't have any issues.

This time there were four or five issues that set us back. You can bounce back from two or three, but not five.

I think the black flag for the dangerous pit release was fair enough. We released the car and FPR had to jump on the brakes to stay out of the way, even though there was no contact.

All pit lane rules are for safety. The last thing we want is contact and mechanics in danger. It wasn't ideal, but I knew there was a long way to go and that we could get back there.

I had my first race laps in the wet and dropped back because the tyre pressures were too low.

I couldn't turn the car in the corners and I was just getting passed in the straights. It was wheel spinning in a straight line and I couldn't get grip to use full throttle.

It was frustrating, but my main focus was not to throw it away. In those tough slippery conditions I could easily have speared off the track and ended the day.

At the end, it was a fantastic duel. There was a bunch of cars in contention and swapping places right to the chequered flag. Kelly was holding up a bunch of cars, but they had track position and they were within their right to defend their line. They had an issue with their car and were doing the best they could with what they had.

I was getting frustrated behind Bargs (Jason Bargwanna) and made a last-corner dive which I felt was safe.

Bargs moved under brakes and the car getting passed isn't supposed to do that.

I'm happy with my move, but I can understand Bargs being disappointed as he's been working hard to get back into the series. But I'm not a charity either.

I had a few runs on Bargs and he shut the gate on me a few times. No one likes anyone being defensive like that.

I saw him half go and tried to clip the front of him to straighten him up a bit but I couldn't. I didn't want him to spin and tried to straighten him up.

In the end I was very happy for my former housemate and good friend Davo (Will Davison) getting his first Bathurst win.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 15 Oct 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2561760)   #680
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No mention of a clutch or engine issue
Old 15 Oct 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2561773)   #681
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They were problems 4 and 5
Old 15 Oct 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2561836)   #682
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Frosty vows to return!

Its nice that Frosty thanked the fire guys as well...
I think this is the definition of irony.

Frosty Winterbottom. The rear end of his car was anything but frosty! His nickname that day should be Firey Summerbottom!
Old 15 Oct 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2561839)   #683
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which team supplied the "firey" on the left in the red overalls. Is that HRT?

And how come the closest bloke to the flames is a cameraman from V8 Television?
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 15 Oct 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2561845)   #684
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

And how come the closest bloke to the flames is a cameraman from V8 Television?
The teev bloke should have been nowhere near that close... imagine had the tank exploded?

It sure is an HRT crewman who ran a few slots up the road to help put the fire out... along with a PMM crewman and one of the MWM guys.

Very very lucky!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 00:15 (Ref:2562364)   #685
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Did you bother to read Frosty's comments in the link?

“Of the guys who put out the fire, one of the guys was from HRT, a guy in a Fujitsu suit helped and one of the Fiore (Triple F Racing/Paul Morris Motorsport) crew helped me out of the car, so I’m pretty thankful to all those guys."
Old 16 Oct 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2562663)   #686
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The teev bloke should have been nowhere near that close... imagine had the tank exploded?

From memory (can anybody confirm?) Frosty stopped right where the cameraman happened to be.

It can also be difficult at times to recognise how close you are to the action when looking through a lens. It helps when you've got both your eyes open, but it's not always an ideal world....
Old 17 Oct 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2563121)   #687
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The camera-man would win a Logie?
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2563138)   #688
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I believe it was a case more of where the car stopped rather than where he chose to stop. As soon as I saw the fire I knew what had caused it....
But thanks to tv3 that was some time later

Was a good drive by HRT, sux 888 couldn't do the 4 though...
Not looking good for Ford next year I have to say, the best V8 team going to the dark side.. FPR better step up! Or DJR
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2563146)   #689
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The way Fords went they should have left the blardy thing to burn....
Old 17 Oct 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2563402)   #690
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIRE
ON
RACE
DAY

Old 20 Oct 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2565111)   #691
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
FPR

FLAME PREVENTION REQUIRED ( Thanks Shieldsy for that gem)

FLAME PROJECTOR RACING

Still, Frosty could always take it the chookcooker/ricer auto salons- he'd have the best flame projector there.

And he's got the consolation of leading the race for what was it? One third of lap one.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2565803)   #692
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The team has 4 chassis... the one Mr Canto kissed the wall with was originally FG01, suitably updated... so there is still a good'n at least in the shed..
Hi GTR, just want to come back to this if I can.

I have been following the FPR chassis for a while, but with the Turmoil at my football club at the start of the year and having not yet been to a round this year, I don't have any info and was wondering if you could assist.

Firstly I thought last year FPR ran the following cars.

706 - Winterbottom
605(Upgraded to 7 standards) - Richards (Till EC)
503(Upgraded to 7 standards) - Richards (after EC)
504(Upgraded to 7 standards) - Patrizi (FRSR)

But looking at the V8Supercars website they are listing Damian Assaillits 28 as "FPR705 Winterbottom's 2008 Runner up car "and I would assume Webb's car is 503 (Which is the car Bright won the Sandown 500 with Frosty in and the car Frosty won the Bahrain 2007 round in)

That effects the numbering for this year, as the 80X series would be all FG's

Are you saying FG01 is FPR Chassis 806/7 and that the team also has 808 809 and potentially 810? If so what cars were run at Bathurst?
Old 20 Oct 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2565837)   #693
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FG01 is the first car built, the blue/silver development hack put together by FPR/Mr Ceprnich/SBR/888 etc...

Not sure it gained an FPR chassis number....

From Frosty's twitter accounts, the car burned to the ground, well almost, was his regular chassis..whatever number that is.

To my understanding FPR has 4 chassis, FG01 + 3 others...
Old 20 Oct 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2565840)   #694
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks GTR,

can you confirm that last year Frosty ran FPR705 or FPR706
Old 22 Oct 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2566789)   #695
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Behind closed doors...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2568582)   #696
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Every year there are some great shots from this viewpoint...

Old 27 Oct 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2571066)   #697
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reading the monthly MNews last night in the Bathurst review there is mention by Mr Fiore in the article on his team's performance at the Mt of some sort of incident with someone referred to as "Noonan", anyone know of and care to explain this?
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2571094)   #698
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
reading the monthly MNews last night in the Bathurst review there is mention by Mr Fiore in the article on his team's performance at the Mt of some sort of incident with someone referred to as "Noonan", anyone know of and care to explain this?
The 'Noonan' in question is Noonan Engine Services, up until recently the contractor who supplied engines to PMM & FFF. This business took over the engine building assets of PMM, and for a time were based in the Norwell complex in a different building. NES also included Mr Benson in its employ.

When 888 announced they were switching to Holden, the deal with PMM bubbled in the background, where part of the arrangement was for PMM to supply technology & support to KRE on Chev Aurora engines, where Mr Benson, and presumably some of the technology/gear, and the collective IP inside the heads and laptops of the transferring staff, migrated to the KRE operation

The way it sounded was that KRE have been supplying PMM with engines since Phillip Island, more accurately its an NES package assembled & tweaked by KRE in that shed.

Presumably FFF have been using NES powerplants until now, at some point scheduled to migrate to a KRE-prepared unit.

As the article suggests, the FFF car was not crewed by full time regulars, and there appeared to be some engine installation issues, (like at Phillip Island where the car was an effective DNS) which were not immediately resolved.

Does this suffice?
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2571112)   #699
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The 'Noonan' in question is Noonan Engine Services, up until recently the contractor who supplied engines to PMM & FFF. This business took over the engine building assets of PMM, and for a time were based in the Norwell complex in a different building. NES also included Mr Benson in its employ.

When 888 announced they were switching to Holden, the deal with PMM bubbled in the background, where part of the arrangement was for PMM to supply technology & support to KRE on Chev Aurora engines, where Mr Benson, and presumably some of the technology/gear, and the collective IP inside the heads and laptops of the transferring staff, migrated to the KRE operation

The way it sounded was that KRE have been supplying PMM with engines since Phillip Island, more accurately its an NES package assembled & tweaked by KRE in that shed.

Presumably FFF have been using NES powerplants until now, at some point scheduled to migrate to a KRE-prepared unit.

As the article suggests, the FFF car was not crewed by full time regulars, and there appeared to be some engine installation issues, (like at Phillip Island where the car was an effective DNS) which were not immediately resolved.

Does this suffice?
very brief and to the point explantion

Thanks GTR explains it nicely
Old 13 Nov 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2581264)   #700
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#25 Falls off the road @ Caltex Chase