Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 3 7.89%
7 13 34.21%
6 12 31.58%
5 5 13.16%
4 1 2.63%
3 3 7.89%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 May 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4050448)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Spanish Grand Prix 2021

What score does it get from you?
Old 9 May 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4050579)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A generous 8 as i did enjoy the battle for the lead.

In this era of faux tire war, we rarely see the driver in 2nd successfully pull off the earlier tire stop.
Old 9 May 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4050605)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A solid 7.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4050608)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The different tyre strategies from Mercedes and RBR made for an intriguing race. 7

Shame we didn't get to see more of the battles further down the field but the Sky F1 director chose to stick mainly with Hamilton and Verstappen.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4050618)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The world feed is the world feed no? I dont think Sky gets to choose what images to use.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4050634)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
The world feed is the world feed no? I dont think Sky gets to choose what images to use.

Then who ever does the directing for the world feed.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4050636)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Then who ever does the directing for the world feed.
Yeah. Cant really blame them for focusing on the lead battle but also would have liked to seen more of Sainz, for example, at the end there.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4050629)   #8
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Utterly dull, DRS only passes, tyre conservation the worst track in GP racing continues to deliver
Old 9 May 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4050631)   #9
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Utterly dull, DRS only passes, tyre conservation the worst track in GP racing continues to deliver
Not sure which part of Hamilton’s drive was conserving tyres....or Verstappens first stint...
Old 9 May 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4050687)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like a standard F1 race.
Old 9 May 2021, 19:23 (Ref:4050694)   #11
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The differing tyre strategy between Hamilton and verstappen did make it interesting but the fact is it's almost impossible to overtake another car. Like Monaco, Saturday qualifying is better than the race
Old 9 May 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4050699)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Like a standard F1 race.
Actually it wasn’t.

The tyres and tyre rules produced the kind of race intended.
Old 10 May 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4050914)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. It got a bit soporific mid-race, but came alive once we saw Mercedes strategy panning out.
Old 9 May 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4050696)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 - The battle for the win was fascinating, even if the track does not lend itself to decent wheel-to-wheel racing.
Old 9 May 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4050717)   #15
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far better than most F1 races at this circuit, but only because of the variation in strategies.
Old 9 May 2021, 22:17 (Ref:4050720)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gave it 6 as it was interesting - on a technical level - rather than exciting, per se, although the Mercedes contrary strategy had me on tenterhooks for a while until their strategic brilliance became apparent.
Old 9 May 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4050726)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As it was a good day for gardening I only saw the highlights on TV4 but I gave it a 7. If I had seen the complete race I probably would have given it less as the 95% of the overtakes for places were with DRS.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 May 2021, 01:29 (Ref:4050739)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 6, agree with bjohnsonsmith though, would be nice to see what the other drivers are up to during a race.
Old 10 May 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4050760)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i enjoyed it so a 7 from me
Old 10 May 2021, 07:03 (Ref:4050769)   #20
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's really hard to rate some of these races. As a showcase of the brilliance of Mercedes to out-think everyone else, and Lewis delivering like clockwork it was fantastic, in almost all other respects it was dull as dishwater. What does that mean for a rating? I've seen it before, and it is loosing its lustre.
Old 10 May 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4050936)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
It's really hard to rate some of these races. As a showcase of the brilliance of Mercedes to out-think everyone else, and Lewis delivering like clockwork it was fantastic, in almost all other respects it was dull as dishwater. What does that mean for a rating? I've seen it before, and it is loosing its lustre.
Pretty much on the mark.

I gave it a 3.

This circuit shows up F1 at it's least entertaining under the current regs. A tyre saving endurance run over a sprint race distance.

WEC is more a sprint than F1 these days!
Old 10 May 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4050789)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Not the best race, but at least we got a pass for the lead
Old 10 May 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4050817)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. Not the greatest race, but worth it for Hamilton's charge - so much for catching Max on the last lap!
Old 10 May 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4050840)   #24
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
7 for me - the arm wrestle at the front kept it interesting and some of the midfield battles were verging on spectacular.
Old 10 May 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4050868)   #25
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 from me (just finished watching it). Not spectacular, not boring. Merc strategy call was great.