Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Nov 2020, 09:37 (Ref:4014825)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Joss Ronchetti's Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - 2.7 engine - has been worked on ... some background here http://www.specialsaloons.co.uk/sunbeam/4582552217
I have actually driven it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Nov 2020, 15:14 (Ref:4014869)   #27
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have actually driven it
...do tell more! Seen it racing many times, very quick car and appears to handle almost flat through the twitchy bits.
Old 4 Nov 2020, 17:06 (Ref:4014885)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
...do tell more! Seen it racing many times, very quick car and appears to handle almost flat through the twitchy bits.
I was talking to Joss at Brands a few years back and asked him how much of a handful it was to drive, Surprisingly he said you can have a drive of it next week as Wizzo Williams wanted to try it as well.
I turned up at the test day at Brands and was given free rein to give it a go, however it was wet so I couldn't unleash all it's power coming out of the corners but it was very predictable and great fun to drive it sideways.
Wizzo pushed his luck in it later on and spun it on the bottom straight as Joss and I hung on to each other watching where it was going ! luckily it missed hitting anything and he carried on.
Joss and Wizzo did a few Heritage meetings after that putting it to good use
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Nov 2020, 09:02 (Ref:4014954)   #29
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wizzo never could drive in a straight line!
Old 5 Nov 2020, 09:17 (Ref:4014955)   #30
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Its called a Lancia Stratos Knightsport so that follows
Featured in this week's Autosport - page 53 - plus a rather dramatic photo of the Skyline's demise.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 12:48 (Ref:4014981)   #31
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Featured in this week's Autosport - page 53 - plus a rather dramatic photo of the Skyline's demise.
I was standing at the Esses at the time. It looked to me that the left rear wheel coming off was the cause of the incident and going up the kerb on the hub or the chassis was what threw the car upwards. The medical car had to be called to the driver so I assume he must have been jarred when the car came down onto the track. Hope he's OK.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4015040)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snailpace85 View Post
I was standing at the Esses at the time. It looked to me that the left rear wheel coming off was the cause of the incident and going up the kerb on the hub or the chassis was what threw the car upwards. The medical car had to be called to the driver so I assume he must have been jarred when the car came down onto the track. Hope he's OK.

Mark commented on Facebook that he was a bit sore but OK - and he reckoned the car will live again......his description was "the studs that hold the hub on failed. The hubs still bolted to the wheel. Bloody car. I went over the kerb a few times at combe and there was a right bang as it came back on the track so maybe done the damage there".
Old 14 Nov 2020, 10:54 (Ref:4016471)   #33
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gallery from Special Saloons and Modsports race added to Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmS8XGhH
Old 16 Nov 2020, 08:55 (Ref:4017183)   #34
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Magnificent Sevens and Swinging Sixties galleries now added ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmS9JebA

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSaWqk9
Old 16 Nov 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4017323)   #35
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Right, last two galleries up now.

Seventies to present day - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmScv2vo

And Sunset Open (or too cloudy for sunset so just dark and gloomy !)
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSci11z
Old 17 Nov 2020, 08:06 (Ref:4017386)   #36
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the '60s gallery. I'm sure Alfa only started making 2000GTVs in the early '70s.

Quote:
Magnificent Sevens and Swinging Sixties galleries now added ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmS9JebA

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSaWqk9
Old 17 Nov 2020, 11:14 (Ref:4017427)   #37
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Enjoyed the '60s gallery. I'm sure Alfa only started making 2000GTVs in the early '70s.
They did but the 105 series coupes were made in the 60s so the 2000 GTVs get in to Swinging Sixties on the basis that you could bore out a 1750 Twin Cam to make it 2 litres and there is nothing in the rules to stop an over bored engine being used.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4017428)   #38
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
My Alfa knowledge from that era is not good but the entry has it as a "GT2000". He wasn't near the front of the race.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4017430)   #39
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
They did but the 105 series coupes were made in the 60s so the 2000 GTVs get in to Swinging Sixties on the basis that you could bore out a 1750 Twin Cam to make it 2 litres and there is nothing in the rules to stop an over bored engine being used.
Bearing in mind its for pleasure only this kind of rule makes sense imo. Its good to have relaxed grids, dont you think?
And a from a front view of a post-scalino coupé its hard to spot a Junior, 1300 or 1600 or a 2000, headlamps apart.
Anyway, good pictures and happy drivers.
If you're strict, the GTV 2000 Bertone was homologated on 1/1/72 as stated by Belmondo.

Last edited by Gerard C; 17 Nov 2020 at 11:49.