Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Feb 2020, 22:07 (Ref:3957523)   #76
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think that is what Skam is getting at. Fundamentally it should just be a sport.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
As a fan, I don't give two hoots where a race is, as long as it has good racing, it's an entertaining season, there's sporting drama off-track etc

I follow F1 the sport, and pay very little attention or care factor to who the big wigs are or who they are cosying up to this week.

My comment certainly set a few off!
Old 13 Feb 2020, 22:10 (Ref:3957524)   #77
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Oh come off it ! Modern F1 gives any regime the ability to willy wave and show off to its neighbours - why else would Azerbaijan have a GP ? It sure isn't their rich motorsport heritage is it ? Only 14 people and a dog even turn up to the Baku race .

And Ecclestone cosying up , and very publically , to Putin at Sochi , a few months after Russia's annexation of Crimea - was that really Vlad's hitherto unknown interest in V6 hybrid technology or - just a wild guess - a political act ?
You make a lot of points here, but referring to your "It's never been over fussed about people being banged up without trial and /or tortured in some countries it visits"

Why should it? Every country has some sort of human injustice going on. Every country, without exception. Should F1 now have a minute silence for those suffering injustices before every race? Should Ferrari just permanently make all their nosecones black?
Old 14 Feb 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3957559)   #78
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Read a little about human rights in Bahrain or Azerbaijan. No country is without blemish but we take our freedoms too lightly . Banged up for adultery or for being gay ? Imprisoned without trial for suggesting the government isn't perfect? Go to any GP you like , my dear chap , but don't expect to bump into me at the Middle East races ...
Old 14 Feb 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3957561)   #79
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Looks like theres been an outbreak of cabin fever in the F1 forum.
Symptons should abate Sunday, 15 March.
Old 14 Feb 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3957603)   #80
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is interesting that we are now seeing talk about the Vietnam GP as well.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...etnam/4684741/

I am not advocating anything, but as the article notes, Vietnam has started to quarantine along the shared border with China due to new cases popping up inside their territory.

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3957615)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and arent Japan and Singapore 2 and 3 on the infected list?

not F1 related but what will the effect be on the Olympics beyond Chinese athletes and tourists?
Old 14 Feb 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3957632)   #82
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
and arent Japan and Singapore 2 and 3 on the infected list?

not F1 related but what will the effect be on the Olympics beyond Chinese athletes and tourists?
As to Olympics, I guess it depends upon what things look like then. Specifically what travel restrictions Japan has in place? My guess is that the Chinese already have their Olympic athletes grouped together (training camps) and potentially quarantined just to be safe??? Even if trailing off by the time the Olympics happen, it may put a real damper on attendance?

As to F1, Japan and Singapore are so deep in the schedule there is plenty of time to see what happens. IMHO, "If" this is still such an issue that they are cancelling races in late summer/fall then it's probably has risen to a global pandemic and maintaining the F1 schedule will be low on everyone's priority list.

Richard
Old 17 Feb 2020, 02:48 (Ref:3957883)   #83
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imola wants to replace China in the 2020 calendar.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...0-f1-calendar/
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3957967)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would love to have Imola back, but the problem is we have more than enough races atm. It will be hard to find a new date for China or try and replace it
Old 19 Feb 2020, 03:03 (Ref:3958372)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport are reporting that they are considering a two day Chinese event later in the year.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...ing-considered

An option. Not without challenges anyway.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 04:15 (Ref:3958386)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That seems insane, cramming an event in just because. If the sport hadn't already had Bernie I'd blame the American overlords and say welcome to American sport. But I think he would have done the same, hell he may have said we're still racing and wear a mask.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3958460)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a desperate attempt, clutching at straws. Really they need to ask if it is worth it? If there weren't so many GPs it wouldn't be too much of a problem. As it is, I feel it's probably for the best if they just leave it for this year
Old 19 Feb 2020, 23:48 (Ref:3958621)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I agree, but that is just because I think there are too many GP. 16 is more than enough. It makes the less special.

However here they are trying to make sure that the country and promoters don’t miss out. Yes, there are probably financial reasons, but it’s making good on a commitment from both sides.

But, yes, knock 6 or more races of the calendar is fine by me.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3958658)   #89
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Well I agree, but that is just because I think there are too many GP. 16 is more than enough. It makes the less special.

However here they are trying to make sure that the country and promoters don’t miss out. Yes, there are probably financial reasons, but it’s making good on a commitment from both sides.

But, yes, knock 6 or more races of the calendar is fine by me.
As long as they are not the historically significant ones like Silverstone, Monza Monaco etc.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3958785)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Of course.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3959750)   #91
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
F1 app now lists some demo event in South Africa on the race schedule in the place of China.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3959754)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
F1 app now lists some demo event in South Africa on the race schedule in the place of China.
F1.com have got the F1 Joburg Festival in place of the Chinese GP, on their schedule page.

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2020.html
Old 25 Feb 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3959764)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

Hmm, not a bad way to fill the space, a little demonstration like that. Wonder if this is with a view to a GP in S. Africa in the near future?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3959800)   #94
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
As the situations develops around the world, it may well impact on global sport as bringing 100,000 people from various countries together in an event and that travel through different countries to get there is surely going to be discouraged..?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3959845)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Concerns with Bahrain too. https://twitter.com/joesaward/status...616720897?s=19
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3959849)   #96
S griffin
Veteran

It seems quite a few countries have been seriously affected by this lethal virus, you wonder how many more will. With China off the calendar for now, we have had both Singapore and Vietnam to be monitored and now Bahrain has a question mark

It’s a tough situation for everyone. The Tokyo olympics for example is also not looking 100% certain to go ahead atm
Old 25 Feb 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3959851)   #97
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Travel restrictions are in place across large communities in northern Italy, some of those in close vicinity to Ferrari's HQ. Could Ferrari and Alfa-Romeo be affected by this soon?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3959866)   #98
S griffin
Veteran

Aren’t Alfa still using the old Sauber factory in Switzerland though?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3959870)   #99
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Aren’t Alfa still using the old Sauber factory in Switzerland though?
They are still based in Switzerland:

Sauber Group of Companies
c/o Sauber Motorsport AG
Wildbachstrasse 9
8340 Hinwil
Switzerland
Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3959874)   #100
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understand Alfa-Romeo are still based in Switzerland - but I'm pretty certain a virus will not respect border control.
The highest infection numbers are in the Lombardo region on the Swiss border, with Trentino also reporting cases.
I'm thinking that the first issues might be with the support to the power plant in the C39?