Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Feb 2024, 17:36 (Ref:4195601)   #2601
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The way we go it could last for ages. Car 1: Alvis Grey Lady. What letter will go for? Just tried with Rolls Royce Phantom One and I feel mucho better!
Gracious, Gerard Rolls Royce you say., you might be on to something there!
Old 7 Feb 2024, 19:31 (Ref:4195610)   #2602
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ha, sorry, thanks. Was more likely thinking Rolls Royce. So, not looking for the letter R any more or the first R and not the second, may be? Waiting for another clue, I go for "O", the second one and not the first.
Old 7 Feb 2024, 22:37 (Ref:4195634)   #2603
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hmmm? You look at a picture of an AC Ace, and no letter from the alphabet springs to mind?
A? C? E?

I'm going with one of those three!

As for the Phantom: well, it must be R? or O? L perhaps? Maybe P for Phantom?
Old 8 Feb 2024, 00:16 (Ref:4195643)   #2604
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
A? C? E?

I'm going with one of those three!

As for the Phantom: well, it must be R? or O? L perhaps? Maybe P for Phantom?
I did not know i was a Phantom, I just knew it was a Rolls Royce, plain and simple, but you lot do like to muddy the waters, and make life difficult.

I suspect there must be easier ways to be unpopular.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4195687)   #2605
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A? C? E?
By the way, what are we looking for? Puzzling to say the least, previous one we had to forget about the brand (what was the answer please?).
Old 8 Feb 2024, 13:01 (Ref:4195721)   #2606
bauble
Veteran

England
Personal criticism is not allowed on this forum, which is just as well other wise words like plonka, etc might be flying around, and I would be in trouble again).

How can I post the next part of the puzzle, when only SSmith has submitted the right answer?
So I give in;

G rey Lady Alvis.
E -type Jaguar
R olls Royce.
T ype MG.
A c Ace.
N ash.

Surely someone can put the letters in an order that spells a word (there are two) that makes sense.
Keep them both in mind when (if you do) tackle the final part of the puzzle.

Nurse, more pills please!
Old 8 Feb 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4195770)   #2607
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What or where is this mysterious final part of the puzzle. Or hasnt it been set yet?

Mystified
Melbourne.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 18:18 (Ref:4195776)   #2608
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
What or where is this mysterious final part of the puzzle. Or hasnt it been set yet?

Mystified
Melbourne.
If EB and RBS are mystified what hope have the rest of us got?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Feb 2024, 18:49 (Ref:4195782)   #2609
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I hope I have sorted this one now, just waiting to hear from our Riddle Master.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4195785)   #2610
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I hope I have sorted this one now, just waiting to hear from our Riddle Master.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 19:27 (Ref:4195787)   #2611
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just for the record, the last one is a Nash? Or more likely a Frazer Nash?

Master quizz SSmith apart, who thought about the G letter for the Alvis? Honestly.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 21:35 (Ref:4195798)   #2612
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Just for the record, the last one is a Nash? Or more likely a Frazer Nash?

Master quizz SSmith apart, who thought about the G letter for the Alvis? Honestly.
Mr Smith had five correct answers within hours of me posting the puzzle, only the Nash was wrong. He put you all to shame.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 22:09 (Ref:4195802)   #2613
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I had them all apart from the G word. Thought it was an Alvis TA. Not heard of this Grey Lady.
I hadtried to make up many words based on any one of A-L-V-I-S. with the letters from the other cars Never even considered G for Grey. Or L for Lady!

Must try harder.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 23:24 (Ref:4195807)   #2614
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Personal criticism is not allowed on this forum, which is just as well other wise words like plonka, etc might be flying around, and I would be in trouble again).

How can I post the next part of the puzzle, when only SSmith has submitted the right answer?
So I give in;

G rey Lady Alvis.
E -type Jaguar
R olls Royce.
T ype MG.
A c Ace.
N ash.

Surely someone can put the letters in an order that spells a word (there are two) that makes sense.
Keep them both in mind when (if you do) tackle the final part of the puzzle.

Nurse, more pills please!

I reckon the answer's Alf! Ain't it bleedin' marvellous? (Don't see why Bob should be the only one who can be cryptic!)

And if it's not that, then I'll get my coat, although I sometimes struggle to get my arms in!

Last edited by Paul D; 8 Feb 2024 at 23:32.
Old 8 Feb 2024, 23:42 (Ref:4195809)   #2615
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I reckon the answer's Alf! Ain't it bleedin' marvellous? (Don't see why Bob should be the only one who can be cryptic!)
Haha! I sent Bob an email mentioning Alf as well. Silly Moo!
Old 8 Feb 2024, 23:54 (Ref:4195811)   #2616
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Haha! I sent Bob an email mentioning Alf as well. Silly Moo!

So that's obviously 'great minds think alike' then? The alternative escapes me just now...
Old 9 Feb 2024, 04:16 (Ref:4195835)   #2617
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
So that's obviously 'great minds think alike' then? The alternative escapes me just now...
Welcome to the Basement suite of the Stupido Club. For Life Members only!
Old 9 Feb 2024, 07:07 (Ref:4195842)   #2618
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Well, i am wrong again, I to mentioned Alf's stone.
Old 9 Feb 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4195883)   #2619
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Well I think since Bob is such a gent, that might be a clue. Bit of a whitewash, maybe.......
Old 9 Feb 2024, 16:37 (Ref:4195915)   #2620
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Mystified, nooooo. Totally out of the game. How do they think they can find a word which is no more in use, written with GERTAN letters? And now they've all found ALF or Alf's stone they are asking for part two!!! I don't recommend to Will, E.B, Paul, rbs, me and others to play Scrabble!!!!! At least with Booobool.

Wiki suggest: ARGENT and GARNET. https://www.wordunscrambler.net/unsc...px?word=gertan
Old 9 Feb 2024, 17:18 (Ref:4195921)   #2621
bauble
Veteran

England
Six pictures, nothing tricky, just what you see, find the word that when linked to to the word from round one reveals legendary cars of yore. OK?
Warning; one picture needs imagination, a need to step outside the box, so to speak..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5504.JPG   IMG_9114.jpg   Picture 638.jpg  

Pomeroy 2010 157.JPG   UB 16.jpg   _MG_3317.JPG  

Old 9 Feb 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4195941)   #2622
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
What the hell is a Mk3 Astra doing in there???

My dad had one of them!
Old 9 Feb 2024, 19:28 (Ref:4195942)   #2623
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
My dad had one of them!
Not a valid excuse! Its Boobool personal car. If we're looking for a word, let me try this one: Oscarnaval. Right?
Old 9 Feb 2024, 19:36 (Ref:4195944)   #2624
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
I've cracked it - it's a Wamora TdF, a model not even slightly similar to a Ferrari 250 TdF!
Old 9 Feb 2024, 19:38 (Ref:4195945)   #2625
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place