Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Aug 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3992235)   #26
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is the connection?

ANSWER BY PM ONLY PLEASE. GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE.

Old 2 Aug 2020, 11:53 (Ref:3992269)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First amongst equals GCCheddars with the right answer.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3992294)   #28
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly I peaked early, not got a clue on this one!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3992466)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good to have you joining the privilege pack, Will, welcome on board of the Stupidos Club! By PM only…
Old 2 Aug 2020, 18:13 (Ref:3992504)   #30
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Clearly I peaked early, not got a clue on this one!
If you followed FISCAR you would probably have the answer in no time.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3992537)   #31
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First photo is fine...it is the second one I am struggling on, so only half in the Stupido club Gerard!!

Last edited by 356sc; 2 Aug 2020 at 19:16.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3992544)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Knowing that the entry fee is for free, half is good Will! Thanks for joining! By the way, are we looking for a driver?
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3992585)   #33
bauble
Veteran

England
Four cars all have something in common. I wonder what?
Well something significant, apart from all being British.

PM's on pain of .................

Old 3 Aug 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3992654)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Knowing that the entry fee is for free, half is good Will! Thanks for joining! By the way, are we looking for a driver?

That would help.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3992692)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If Will want a clue, be my guest. Its not James Bond!
Old 3 Aug 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3992723)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
There is no connection between the four cars, but they have one thing in common.

Try looking at the history of anyone of them.

There! I have practically given you the answer.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3992742)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No wings in the Rover logo so… Is it related to the steel allocation?
Tricycles?

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Aug 2020 at 17:03.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 06:22 (Ref:3992812)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No wings in the Rover logo so… Is it related to the steel allocation?
Tricycles?
I hate to see people struggling, so here is one last clue -AND - you may shout out when you know the answer'

Who will first?

What links all four cars shown to the is years British Grand Prix?
Old 4 Aug 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3992823)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I hate to see people struggling, so here is one last clue -AND - you may shout out when you know the answer'

Who will first?

What links all four cars shown to the is years British Grand Prix?
I meant this
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3992825)   #40
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a lot.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:05 (Ref:3992826)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The four cars can achieve a full lap with a flat tyre and win the race?
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3992834)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
RBS, I am surprised that YOU did not realise that this was the 70th. British Grand Prix! Imagine it has been running since 1950!!!!!!!

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT??????

Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3992837)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes please, proceed. No need to shout… All those cars are 70 years old.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:59 (Ref:3992840)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes please, proceed. No need to shout… All those cars are 70 years old.
Well done Gerard, first at last!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3992853)   #45
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well done Gerard, first at last!
Well, that was obvious, even I knew that but was looking dfor something far more tenuous...
Old 4 Aug 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3992857)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux… Ta!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3992864)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, that was obvious, even I knew that but was looking dfor something far more tenuous...
My excuse too.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3992865)   #48
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Must be your devious mind at work again,Viv.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:04 (Ref:3992883)   #49
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So was I!!!!!!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3992886)   #50
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Would never have sorted that one out as the Rover came out in 1949 and the one pictured did not have semaphore rafficators which makes it later than 1950!!!!!!!