Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4054935)   #126
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
How were they able to do that? I certainly understand tires being changed, but under Red Flag I thought other other compents were 'fixed' (set)?
Not if they are damaged.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4054936)   #127
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How were they able to do that? I certainly understand tires being changed, but under Red Flag I thought other other compents were 'fixed' (set)?
As with Monza last year you are allowed to change bits as long as it is the same. Apparently they do lots of weighing to check.

It’s a safety thing.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4054939)   #128
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Lewis clearly overheated the brakes, they were smoking a lot before that start
He must have run a front heavy bias for warm-up lap to prep for first corner, and ended up with a grabby situation?
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4054940)   #129
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes. Similar to the SC laps. To make sure there is no issue with running out of fuel I guess.

Edit: red flag thrown on lap 48. Cars came in triggering lap 49. Leave pits drive round. First next racing lap 50.
You are correct, I was mistaken. I missed the lap counter ticking to 50 before the restart.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4054941)   #130
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
He must have run a front heavy bias for warm-up lap to prep for first corner, and ended up with a grabby situation?
On radio he referred to "brake magic" which according to Sky is a setting to warm up the brakes. Hamilton apparently left it on too long.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4054943)   #131
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
But he did finish, albeit with only Latifi behind him in the results.

Lewis retired on Lap 62.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1...d-prix/results

Latifi made his Formula One debut at the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4054945)   #132
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
On radio he referred to "brake magic" which according to Sky is a setting to warm up the brakes. Hamilton apparently left it on too long.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...52096789471236
Old 6 Jun 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4054946)   #133
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes. Similar to the SC laps. To make sure there is no issue with running out of fuel I guess.

Edit: red flag thrown on lap 48. Cars came in triggering lap 49. Leave pits drive round. First next racing lap 50.
Yeah thats what i thought but had also missed the lap counter.

Thanks
Old 6 Jun 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4054950)   #134
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Toto and Lewis falling out of love?....
Old 6 Jun 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4054952)   #135
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Lewis retired on Lap 62.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1...d-prix/results

Latifi made his Formula One debut at the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix.
I meant today!
Old 6 Jun 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4054953)   #136
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice to see Horner dedicate the victory to Mansour Ojjeh. Classy.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4054955)   #137
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Nice to see Horner dedicate the victory to Mansour Ojjeh. Classy.
Tag Heuer also has been a long time sponsor for Red Bull
Old 6 Jun 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4054956)   #138
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Are Toto and Lewis falling out of love?....
Will Hamilton be in the car in Paul Ricard?

I missed what prompted this, maybe it isn’t that bad.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4054958)   #139
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was LH just classified as a finisher or did he take the flag? Are there no longer benefits in terms of potential parts replacement if one retires before the finish?

Is that still allowed by the rules? Finding myself unsure on a few of these lesser used rules situations.

Could they be thinking a possible countback situation in the event of a tied championship with Max?
Old 6 Jun 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4054959)   #140
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will Hamilton be in the car in Paul Ricard?

I missed what prompted this, maybe it isn’t that bad.
They are just under pressure? It's a new experience for them.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4054963)   #141
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well enjoyed that, plenty of excitement and the crashes were not like those in quali, questions will be asked about tyres after that.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4054964)   #142
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Thanks! I should have figured there was a button or toggle since there is such for everything else.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4054977)   #143
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Autosport story posted at 1708:
Verstappen: Pirelli will blame debris for Baku F1 tyre blowouts: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ve...wouts/6541654/

Autosport story posted at 1759
Pirelli suggests Baku F1 tyre blowouts may be caused by debris: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/pi...ebris/6541845/

Old 6 Jun 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4054978)   #144
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But, here’s Verstappen being a decent chap
https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...642886664?s=21
Old 6 Jun 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4054979)   #145
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to read in the post race Technical Delegates report that the winning car, a red bull was not subjected to any tests/examination of the bodywork.

Were the FIA technical department worried that if they went looking at the bodywork of Perez that they might be opening a can of worms of illegality?

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...utineering.pdf
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4054982)   #146
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What’s that thing about if it is phrased as a question the answer must be...
Not just headlines it seems.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4054986)   #147
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
We really need to see the results of the tyre analysis. What looked like 2 failures is awful - and could have been especially worse at this track with such high speeds and close concreate walls.

Hamilton will of course be gutted, but from a neutral perspecive, its nice to see that the driver championship will not be hugely afected by a tyre failure.

I'm pleased for Perez. That's what Red Bull bought him in for. Was going to take points off Hamilton before the drama.

Vettel rolls back the years. What a boost to him and the team.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4054988)   #148
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What’s that thing about if it is phrased as a question the answer must be...
Not just headlines it seems.

A suggestive question is one that implies that a certain answer should be given in response
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4054990)   #149
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had to wonder when I saw the onboard from Bottas' s car whether the fluttering of his front wing might be altering the balance of the car as it deflected and whether this might be a part of his loss of performance.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4054991)   #150
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Tag Heuer also has been a long time sponsor for Red Bull
What’s that got to do with Mansour Ojjeh?