Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Jun 2000, 17:26 (Ref:17475)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most of the riders in current GP racing have voted to allow the teams to decide when and whether or not to change their setups if the weather goes bad during a race. Instead of stopping the race and allowing riders and teams time to change the bikes and tires for the slick conditions, allow them change the same way it is done in F1 competition. If a rider wants to stay out on slick in the wet, then it is his decision.

I think it sounds good. Pitstops are done safely and quickly in most Japanese endurance races and the Daytona 200 AMA Superbike race. I see no problem with allowing the teams to decide. Mick Doohan commented that the races should be made longer so that a mandatory fuel stop was in order.
Old 15 Jun 2000, 21:06 (Ref:17505)   #2
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the wet wether thing i think a spare bike in the pits is a good idea but about the fuel thing i think that's going a bit far,because i think a longer race will not make the races intresting.
Old 17 Jun 2000, 16:00 (Ref:17707)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It makes sense with the new rules. It was terrible before, when if it hadn't rained over the weekend, there would be a practice session and then the continuation of the race. And if it dried quickly, you get the stupid situation earlier this year of a dry session for the riders to ride a "wet track".
Old 21 Jun 2000, 00:01 (Ref:18370)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like the sound of longer races - it's half the fun - seeing a bunch of nutters going hell for leather in a sprint race.

The old rules for wet weather were certainly odd to the casual viewer - mind you, even the riders didn't seem to have a clue how it worked last time!
Old 22 Jun 2000, 12:22 (Ref:18718)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart from anything else, there was no way to stop the weather rules once they were underway. So once the race was stopped before the minimum distance, the rest of the rules had to be done.

I don't really see how pitstops would make a difference to the racing really. If it is to be a race with a leader way out in front, it won't change that, and if it is a close race, the only thing that could happen with pitstops is it could break up the group.