Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jan 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2364647)   #1
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Porsche being assisted by ACO in GT2 for 2009?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The new regulations for 2009 gt2 are changed as folows
minimum weight increased for ferrari and porsche
1145 ferrari 1245 porsche
restrictor sizes reduced by 0.7 for both porsche and ferrari,
ferrari 2008 28.1 2009 27.4 -2,4911%
porsche 2008 29.3 2009 28.6 -2,3890%
witch will give an advantige to porsche since they are running on bigger restrictors and the difference is smaller % wise. ( not a big deal but still)

and to save the worst for last
Quote for aco 2009 regulations http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/re...lmgt2_2009.pdf

" Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) (ACO homologation N°: LMGT2-03) :
For all the events excepted the « 24 Heures du Mans »
- To remove 25 Kg to their minimum weight." - last page

why oh why............ I hate them I hate them I hate them,
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 20:04 (Ref:2364650)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Who do you hate? Porsche, Ferrari or ACO?

Did the Ferrari 360 get "help" from ACO or FIA?
Old 3 Jan 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2364656)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Who do you hate? Porsche, Ferrari or ACO?

Did the Ferrari 360 get "help" from ACO or FIA?
not that i know of,

and I hate ACO for ruining a perfect equalibrimu, that exists in gt2 class, quit changing rules

I love Ferrari,
I respect Porsche,
Hate Fia/ACO/SRO............the list goes on all of them set up a set of rules and then keep changing them to ballance the performance, witch tottaly eliminates the point of watching racing for me. I want to see 1 set of rules a lot of Manufacturers and see who will come out on top
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2364716)   #4
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the smaller LMP wings for 2009 are stupid. It drives up costs and they don't look good.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 23:09 (Ref:2364761)   #5
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd be happier if they just took the rear wings off entirely.

the 2008 rules for GT2 were fine and produced excellent racing. there were absolutely no changes necessary regarding performance balancing...
Old 4 Jan 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2364861)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
not that i know of,

and I hate ACO for ruining a perfect equalibrimu, that exists in gt2 class, quit changing rules

I love Ferrari,
I respect Porsche,
Hate Fia/ACO/SRO............the list goes on all of them set up a set of rules and then keep changing them to ballance the performance, witch tottaly eliminates the point of watching racing for me. I want to see 1 set of rules a lot of Manufacturers and see who will come out on top
Well then , I suggest you tune into Serbian motorsports then . If your motorsport is anything like your music , you should enjoy it !!! .....
Old 4 Jan 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2364920)   #7
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
joke aside, I don't get it do you actualy suport performance balancing in motorsport

(edited by Aysedasi - as the 'joke' wasn't actually funny - although it was provoked..... Watch out for the warning bat you guys!!)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 4 Jan 2009 at 17:35.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2364930)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All GT2 cars should weigh the same then we would not have this type of problem.

If a car is built to the rules, then let the best man win.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2364931)   #9
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
All GT2 cars should weigh the same then we would not have this type of problem.

If a car is built to the rules, then let the best man win.
I think there are a few things that speak for a sliding weightscale instead of one weight for all cars as it allows greater variety of possible engines.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2364933)   #10
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
If a cars lighter, does it need to be as powerful?

Have a
1, maximum CC
2, Max and minimium weight and let the car makers decide which route to take.

Sometimes the bigger engined cars will win, sometimes the lighter more nimble but less powerful will win out.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2364962)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and we have that don't we?
but we also have restrictors

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Jan 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2364987)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
joke aside, I don't get it do you actualy suport performance balancing in motorsport
No , I dont support it . Im just pointing out that if you hate something , dont watch it . That would be a normal attitude , or not ?
Old 4 Jan 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2364997)   #13
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
nope since there isn't anything better to watch, if its the best racing around it doesent make it perfect, what is the point of helping porsche with these rule changes, when in that porsche vs ferrari topic, all porsche fans agree porsche was by far superior, so if it was superior why is the help administered
Old 4 Jan 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2365038)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

What is the point of helping Ferrari to the tune of 80 million , in F1 , and trying to hide it like in the Max & Bernie show ? ..... that is so unfair to smaller teams , but Ferrari didnt object . If that same rule was applied to Ferrari sportscars , I dont think they would mind , do you ?

At least with the Porsche deal , everybody knows about it before .

I didnt like the performance break Porsche got last year ..... completely , and I dont like it now .
Old 4 Jan 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2365042)   #15
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
and we have that don't we?
but we also have restrictors

Thats the point.

Trying to pretend you can have a level playing field by playing with power output vs weight is dumbing down the sport.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2365082)   #16
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
every one knew about the 80 mil, it was the money berny and max paid ferrari to stay with them in F1. And F1 has apsolutley nothing to do with sportscars,
so quit mixing the two.

In my oppinion this is the proof ferrari had built a supirior car then porsche, all that don't agree I guess will never know becouse all other comparisons have been compromised by FIA -30 kg, and ACO -25.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2365115)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's keep this thread on topic please guys, and not another excuse for a Porsche v. Ferrari thread......
Old 4 Jan 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2365125)   #18
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Let's keep this thread on topic please guys, and not another excuse for a Porsche v. Ferrari thread......
Thats exactly what it is thought, a Ferrari fan moaning that Porsche get abit of help.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2365129)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was, before it started to get personal - hence the bits I deleted. Remember - 'attack the post - not the poster......'
Old 4 Jan 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2365172)   #20
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
We all have to remember what started this whole deal-Porsche on the 997 incarnation of the 911 GT3 RSR decided to run GT1/LMP2 spec rear tires on the 911, so they got hit with a weight penalty due to homolgation requrements, but in compensation, they were allowed to run a larger air restictor.

If Porsche stuck to the original GT2 tire width requirements, we wouldn't have the performance balancing-and if Porsche was more supportive of their GT2 private teams in '07, I doubt we'd be talking about this either.
Old 4 Jan 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2365200)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
Thats the point.

Trying to pretend you can have a level playing field by playing with power output vs weight is dumbing down the sport.
It's the only way forward unless you have stricter engine regs, i.e 2l turbo's only in the WRC.

That's obviously impossible for GT sportscars with such different engine configerations.

Last edited by JAG; 4 Jan 2009 at 20:11.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2365396)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
We all have to remember what started this whole deal-Porsche on the 997 incarnation of the 911 GT3 RSR decided to run GT1/LMP2 spec rear tires on the 911
Porsche cant be blamed for that . Thats the rules that the organisers choose . Creation had a simlar option a few years ago , they got a break from running a smaller diameter wheel/trye , which didnt work out too well for them , but if it had , that would have been ok , or not ?
Old 5 Jan 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2365679)   #23
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Porsche cant be blamed for that . Thats the rules that the organisers choose . Creation had a simlar option a few years ago , they got a break from running a smaller diameter wheel/trye , which didnt work out too well for them , but if it had , that would have been ok , or not ?
Creation was a private team with a racecar that was an old Reynard design that they updated from LMP675/LMP1 to an actual LMP1 hybrid and money and time kept them from converting to LMP900/LMP1 tires.

Porsche is in terms of sportscars(road going and racing) a large manufacturer, and they should've been able to make the normal GT2 tries work.
Old 6 Jan 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2366043)   #24
makaveli87
Rookie

Canada
British Columbia
makaveli87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this still leaves Ferrari with a slight HP to weight ratio advantage.

Correct me if im wrong but last year it was (depending on series)
Ferrari:445hp 1100-1125kg
Porsche:465hp 1200-1225kg

if the cars have similar power differences, Ferrari will have still kept its power to weight ratio advantage for 09'.
Old 6 Jan 2009, 03:33 (Ref:2366047)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
every one knew about the 80 mil
Maybe you did .... but this was not common knowalage.
Closed Thread