Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Nov 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2587322)   #226
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished downloading the race and watched it, I avoided the result all day. Always looked like Mortara would make a move. Well done to him, and nice one Sam Bird !

An average race really, not the most exciting ever.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 22 Nov 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2587391)   #227
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did 3 Carlin cars dnf on the 1st lap?
Old 22 Nov 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2587397)   #228
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
How did 3 Carlin cars dnf on the 1st lap?
Your mate Ricciardo lost it in the street section and with nowhere to another six of them became tangled in the pile-up, including two of his team-mates.

He's had a great season and on the first day looked good in Macau, but on this occasion it was a definite FAIL.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2587428)   #229
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, that is disappointing...
Old 23 Nov 2009, 05:57 (Ref:2587582)   #230
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Your mate Ricciardo lost it in the street section and with nowhere to another six of them became tangled in the pile-up, including two of his team-mates.

He's had a great season and on the first day looked good in Macau, but on this occasion it was a definite FAIL.

It actually happened because the corner before he crashed he got squeezed on the outside by another car and his back wheel hit the wall which gave it damage. Going down the street section he just lost control and crashed. It's a shame because he was quick.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2587632)   #231
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
He showed great speed all weekend and was saying things like 'this street circuit lark isnt as hard as everyone makes out' and then goes and gets bitten by the wall trying to hang on around the outside of a corner. You just cant do that at Macau. He learnt the hard way.

I think it most definatley was FAIL as he clouted the wall quite hard at the bottom of the hill and was squirming all the way up the hill with cars going past him, a sure indication that your car is brokey. He then went in the wall at the very top of teh hill and spun across the track and blocked it. Not smart. Dissapointing, made the british champ look like a chump.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2587697)   #232
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

very sad what ricirdo did in macau global community see riciardo crashing 'n killing 8 drivers out of race. he need a bigfine.

congratultion mortara. what racer,
Old 23 Nov 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2587764)   #233
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
He showed great speed all weekend and was saying things like 'this street circuit lark isnt as hard as everyone makes out' and then goes and gets bitten by the wall trying to hang on around the outside of a corner. You just cant do that at Macau. He learnt the hard way.

I think it most definatley was FAIL as he clouted the wall quite hard at the bottom of the hill and was squirming all the way up the hill with cars going past him, a sure indication that your car is brokey. He then went in the wall at the very top of teh hill and spun across the track and blocked it. Not smart. Dissapointing, made the british champ look like a chump.
What do you mean? It's macau, your always going to have a blocked road when u crash... it's a street track that can bearly make 2 wide. I don't think he intentially blocked it either because he had his hands off the wheel once he crashed to prevent possibly breaking his hands or ect.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2587779)   #234
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
What do you mean? It's macau, your always going to have a blocked road when u crash... it's a street track that can bearly make 2 wide. I don't think he intentially blocked it either because he had his hands off the wheel once he crashed to prevent possibly breaking his hands or ect.
Of course he didn't intentionally block it, but if you have a crash in the street section, especially on the first lap, the circuit is going to be blocked. It's happened time and time again, usually between Lisboa and San Francisco, but this time it was a bit further up the hill.

I'm as disappointed as anyone because I'm a BF3 fan and wanted Daniel to do well, but with hindsight I think he was a little over-confident after Friday when he was amazingly fast.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2587786)   #235
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I mean he should have known that his car was finished and taken better action. For example, just before he hit, that part of the track is alot wider than other parts of the mountain, he could have slowed, arm aloft, let everyone go then made his way back to the pits or appropriate stopping place just around the corner. It just seemed to me like 'Oh S**t! I've ruined it. Well im p*ssed off now so i'll just carry and pretend its fine because im angry'. Of course, its easy looking in from the outside, thats just my judgement.

And yes, of course he didnt intentionally block the track. I wasn't suggesting he did.
Old 23 Nov 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2587792)   #236
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A-D.R View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V26b5aecQs

He should have known that his car is unavilale to continue after it touch the tyre wall of san fransico hill,driving in racing speed not the way.....

Moreover in 1"16 you can see a white car crashed in fully blocked road,do you think he has sufficent time to stop in front of that?ehehehe
Old 24 Nov 2009, 06:33 (Ref:2588235)   #237
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
That's all fair enough. To me he obviously got a puncture from tapping the wall. Then going down the hill he had Merhi on his outside and Ricciardo got caught out on the dirty side of the track with a puncture, lost it and crashed. I truly don't believe he would just crash because he had a puncture and was ****ed off or whatever, but that's your opinion.
Old 24 Nov 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2588334)   #238
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
before hitting the wall Riciardo hit Vanthoor, that's what I understood from an interview with Vanthoor
Old 25 Nov 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2589152)   #239
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear Michael Ho is still on lap 2

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 25 Nov 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2589164)   #240
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Kevin Chen then? (What a rhyme!)
Old 26 Nov 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2589761)   #241
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqra8uZdrlE

Oh my lord! Totally missed that during the weekend!
Old 26 Nov 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2589763)   #242
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woah! Its a bloody good job he wasn't t-boned when he went back across the track.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2591045)   #243
sequentialbox
Racer

sequentialbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well re Kevin Chen, after crashing three times in three session,and damaging the tub in the last shunt, the team decided he shouldn't run for the races.
Saved them some work and him a lot of money.

Also he was 9 sec off the pace and slower than Michael Ho,quite sad for the great gp2 asia driver...
Old 29 Nov 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2591226)   #244
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Kevin just isn't a racing driver - perhaps he should turn his hand to a safer and more fruitful profession?
Old 29 Nov 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2591243)   #245
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like to bash drivers but I often wonder what goes on with people like Chen. When he gets back to the pits, does his team say 'your 8 seconds off the pace, what seems to be the problem?'. Be quite interesting to know. He himself must know that he is slow, and so do his sponsors and his team.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2591385)   #246
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they're living their dreams, some kind of illusion. Many karting dads are living their dreams through their kids, but apparently some middle-aged gentlemen prefer the 1st hand experience
Btw, I don't know about Chen and the likes, but Kralev has a son and he's not into karting. I find it amusing.