Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Feb 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3956003)   #176
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had an email from Jaguar in December confirming that they wouldn't be going to le Mans. At the time it was expected Aston Martin would be taking the slot but guess that has now changed.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 03:17 (Ref:3956025)   #177
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I had an email from Jaguar in December confirming that they wouldn't be going to le Mans. At the time it was expected Aston Martin would be taking the slot but guess that has now changed.
Whoops! Thanks Colin for the clarification. The Porsche race does sound a bit last minute, as if they’d run out of options......
Old 6 Feb 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3956044)   #178
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Whoops! Thanks Colin for the clarification. The Porsche race does sound a bit last minute, as if they’d run out of options......
As long as it's not Cortinas minis or A35's . . .that really would be scraping the barrel.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3956063)   #179
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
As long as it's not Cortinas minis or A35's . . .that really would be scraping the barrel.
I thought MGBs!
Old 6 Feb 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3956069)   #180
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought MGBs!

At least they had some LeMans history.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 19:08 (Ref:3956137)   #181
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
At least they had some LeMans history.
And the Nordschleife 84hr in 1966,outright win. 😁
Old 7 Feb 2020, 04:15 (Ref:3956189)   #182
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
And the Nordschleife 84hr in 1966,outright win. ��
Indeed, the 'B' completing almost 9000 klms and winning by 700 klms from a Lotus Cortina, a BMW1800 TISA and a gaggle of Tatras!

Whoops I meant 70 klms, not 700.....

Last edited by E.B; 7 Feb 2020 at 04:22.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 05:00 (Ref:3956190)   #183
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I guess a ‘one make’ MGB race would be of little interest to many spectators. The proposed Porker race should have variety, but as Mr Ruston observes, there are a few 356s that could embarrass the slower 911s! Probably why they’re not eligible.....
Old 7 Feb 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3956213)   #184
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
You could probably upset a few in an 'woks spec' split screen camper

Last edited by zefarelly; 7 Feb 2020 at 08:11.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3956225)   #185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
And the Nordschleife 84hr in 1966,outright win. 😁
84 hours? Really? Have you got the numbers the wrong way round? Because I can understand a 48 hour race more, but if it was an 84 hour race, that is amazing
Old 7 Feb 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3956227)   #186
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
84 hours? Really? Have you got the numbers the wrong way round? Because I can understand a 48 hour race more, but if it was an 84 hour race, that is amazing
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...g%2084hrs.html

It eventually grew to be a 96hr race in 1971...

More can be found here - https://www.porscheroadandrace.com/w...st-motor-race/
Old 7 Feb 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3956228)   #187
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
See reply above! Anyway, back to the 24hr Classic....
Old 7 Feb 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3956236)   #188
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
In MOdern Parlance it would be one lap of the M25 . . . or half of the M6.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3956245)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I can see why they did it at the ‘Ring, I’m sure they never tired of going round there non stop for several days.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3956251)   #190
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well I can see why they did it at the ‘Ring, I’m sure they never tired of going round there non stop for several days.
They held it at the 'Ring, following some countries refusal to let The Road Marathon continue to cross their territories from 1965.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 13:51 (Ref:3956259)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

That I can understand. Still I’m sure they weren’t complaining about only having to use the mighty Nordschleife

Anyway enough about that, let’s concentrate on the Le Mans classic
Old 7 Feb 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3956281)   #192
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank you, this is the Le Mans Classic thread after all......
Old 9 Feb 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3956510)   #193
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'm well clear of that, although I have noticed I do need to scroll on some websites, more than once these days.
I have to start at the bottom and scroll up. It's quicker that way.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3956791)   #194
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Did you see that the drivers will be helped by a new on board service, named Coyote Race for Peter Auto? Slow zones, warnings, etc… This system can operate both way and the track is displayed in nine different zones. Of course it will bring some info to the race director too…
Will be deployed on other races by PA till the end of 2022.

https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/peter-auto-coyote-race/

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 Feb 2020 at 17:17.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3957410)   #195
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well what do I know. We are currently getting a E Type ready to race at Classic Le Mans in Jag race.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3957450)   #196
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seem you're right Iain, probably a new addition to the support races. If you find an acceptable solution to keep the rear brakes working on the long term, dont be shy and please share the info!
Old 13 Feb 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3957499)   #197
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Seem you're right Iain, probably a new addition to the support races. If you find an acceptable solution to keep the rear brakes working on the long term, dont be shy and please share the info!
Gerrard, "I am always right ". Ask Mike.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3957501)   #198
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
YES BOSS ! ! !
Old 14 Feb 2020, 04:05 (Ref:3957553)   #199
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Gerrard, "I am always right ". Ask Mike.
Well, it's never the coil. 😂
Old 15 Feb 2020, 00:39 (Ref:3957662)   #200
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Can anyone confirm/deny the rumours that the Jaguar support race is on this year? It’s even still included in today’s update of the HSCC calendar, but I’ve not seen any official statement to support it...