Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3987458)   #1
chromapilot
Rookie

chromapilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans (?) Fibreglass Model

hi there
i have what looks like a development model for a Le Mans (-type) race car, what seems like late 80s//early 90s, however haven't been able to trace it to anything.
the previous owner didn't know anything either...
just wanted to see if the shape rang any bells with anyone here

thanks !!
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.17.23.jpg   Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 19.17.36.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3987576)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Doesn't ring any immediate bells with me from Group C, although there were no shortage of projects that never came to fruition.

Those deeply-sculpted sidepods ahead of the rear wheel-arch are what really throws me- at first thought, I don't recall seeing anything quite like that back then
Old 12 Jul 2020, 11:21 (Ref:3987585)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was the first thing that came to mind for me..... It clearly isn't because of that sculpting....
Attached Thumbnails
5X7A9238.jpg  
Old 12 Jul 2020, 12:24 (Ref:3987590)   #4
chromapilot
Rookie

interesting, it seems to share general proportions with the LC2, but the sculpting is indeed strange, doesn't make quite sense aerodynamically to the amateur eye.
the previous owner apparently bought it from an ex-Porsche employee, but of course that doesn't mean anything, as it bears no resemblance to any of their designs...
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:09 (Ref:3987835)   #5
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Looks to me that the outer doors and sidepod covers are a separate part that aren't on there, the curvy shape is just the internal ducting. Sidepod coolers just behind the door that vent upwards right in front of the rear wheel were a common feature in early Group C/GTP designs.

The front fender cutout actually looks a lot like the 86G, but the tail and top surface of the fenders are quite different.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3987845)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're on Facebook then the Mulsanne Corner group would be your best chance of answer. They know all sorts of random stuff like this.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 18:39 (Ref:3988269)   #7
chromapilot
Rookie

cool, appreciate all the help, i'll post if i find out anything more !
Old 17 Jul 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3988953)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, interest now having been piqued, it would be good to have the answer!
Old 17 Jul 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3989082)   #9
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could this have been an early mock up of the Bentley?
They have always been keep on sharp swage lines ........
Old 19 Aug 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3996524)   #10
Tanker62M
Rookie

Tanker62M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it me, or has carbon fiber never managed to make it into what's mainstream in the automotive industry? There have always been talks about how it's the future of car making, both in the sports and consumer car industries, but it's always remained a gimmick used every now and then on short-run models or one-off vehicles. I wonder what's the next big revolution is going to be in the world of sports cars... Powerful electric engines? New types of plastics?