Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 Feb 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1236961)   #1
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
trow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you a member of the IRL Crew?

Have any of you decided to become a member of the IRL fan club called, IRL Crew?

I received my card today, along with a nice shiny IRL Crew Sticker. Really neat, it adhere's to anything, such as a suitcase, guitar case, bumpers, mirrors, folders for school, etc ... really clever, multiple use sticker.

It's also the home of the MPDA for the IRL.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1237320)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen them at races, and met some of the Crew. There really nice folks who are really into IndyCar racing. But I think they are mostly retirees, that travel the country going to IRL races. I didn't see to many young people there though.

Do they give you any benefits by joining? And whats MPDA?

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Feb 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1237641)   #3
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
MPDA is the Most Popular Driver Award. When you're in the "Crew" you are viewed by others as a bonafide IRL fan. The sticker is meant as a way to spread the message about the IRL so that others might join. What do you mean by "benefits?"
Old 28 Feb 2005, 00:54 (Ref:1237698)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By benefits, I meant do you get any race discounts, giveaways, free anythings, pit passes, walkabouts, etc. If so , it would probably be worth it if you could get to the races and use them.

I consider myself a bonafide IRL fan, so maybe I should join? I love spreading the message about this series!

Danica Patrick
Old 28 Feb 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1238071)   #5
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
By being in the Crew there are some bennies which normally don't come with the package and are by chance, so to speak. The league often finds scorers from within the Crew's membership and they oftentimes do cookouts after races. The Crew sends out a monthly newsletter, which is my favorite. I really enjoy "Hines Sight" which is from a buddy of mine who actually CAN write.

I give the Crew high marks because of its fanbase. There are some really wonderful fans and people around that group. The benefits will get larger as the years go by by mere succession. If you've never been to check them out, try IRLCrew.com. It's a wannabe website but slowly eeking towards being a genuine informational website. Check it out.

I received a sticker and a newsletter for the last 2 or 3 years now. It's really not much but when you go to races and meet up with the people, it can be alot of fun. Just whatever you do ....DON'T get into politics with 'em!