Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 13 Dec 1998, 17:06 (Ref:3857)   #1
Henry

Ive been working overseas without net access for the past couple of months, and finally got to see the many improvements which you have made over that time - well done!!

The cartoons section is brilliant, and I love the newsletter - this weeks edition was particuarly poignant - my thoughts are with the families of the men mentioned. I have now signed up to receive it each week, and have read the previous editions on the web.

The links section goes from strength to strength, and its good to see the number of your awards growing - keep up the sterling job!

Old 13 Dec 1998, 17:52 (Ref:3858)   #2
Craig Antill

Hey, welcome back Henry

Glad you like the improvements, and watch out for more over the Christmas period when I should hopefully get a bit of time to work on the site...

BTW thanks for your, as well as everyone elses, words regarding the newsletter -- I was a bit unsure whether this was the right thing to do, but I haven't had a single person unsubscribe this week, so it looks like you all understood. Thanks - it was something I felt I needed to do.

Old 14 Dec 1998, 23:57 (Ref:3859)   #3
cliff wagstaff

I can only agree with Henry's comments. You've certainly created a superb site and it's the one I turn to first every time.
As a recent registeree(??) I'm very flattered to find myself profiled as a 'Junior Member',
most people describe me as an 'old fart'.
Perhaps you could enlighten me on how I achieve 'Member' status?
Are there other statuses (statii?) to work up to?
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Old 15 Dec 1998, 20:10 (Ref:3860)   #4
RIKB

Hi Cliff!
You will become a full member when you have posted a certain number of posts. Can't remember the number but I'm sure that Craig will tell you.
I see from your profile that you're in Coventry, I was there last weekend for a Wedding, in Stivichale?

Old 15 Dec 1998, 23:01 (Ref:3861)   #5
cliff wagstaff

Hello RIKB,
.........and thanks for the info.
I'll try to ration my postings so I can stay 'Junior' for a while - as i said before I'm quite flattered!

Styvechale/Stivichall is just up the road from me. I, too, have been to a wedding there but i have to admit it was 40 odd years ago (when I was very young).

Very considerate of your friends to get married during the close season.

Let me know if you're ever up this way again - perhaps we can discuss racing in the other civilised way - over a pint!

Cheers..................Cliff

Old 19 Dec 1998, 00:01 (Ref:3862)   #6
cliff wagstaff

So..............it's 20 postings from 'Junior' to 'Member'

'Member' as from today

Good job for me you don't take quality of input into the reckoning!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19 Dec 1998, 01:07 (Ref:3863)   #7
RIKB

Never mind the quality just enjoy your time here Cliff. what is your favourite type of motorsport?

Old 19 Dec 1998, 01:19 (Ref:3864)   #8
Craig Antill

Absolutely! Sorry I missed your posting Cliff - you are absolutely right - it's 21 postings. Welcome to the old gits club!

Old 19 Dec 1998, 10:29 (Ref:3865)   #9
cliff wagstaff

Craig,
Yes, I like 'old git'...that's definately more comfortable (and a lot more accurate).

Thanks for your welcome. I feel amongst friends here. Even SCHIKANE5 seems to have mellowed (shame, I say)...perhaps it's just the Season of Goodwill.

RIKB,

I'll watch (avidly) any form of motorsport on 4, 3 or 2 wheels.

I love F1 but can't really afford to see it live. I was treated once to the British GP and was overwhelmed by the atmosphere and particularly the noise of the cars (nothing else like it , is there?)

Touring Cars came into my life about 1992/3. Now i can't get enough. The history of the series has become a particular interest lately - i find the variety of participants since 1958 facinating.

V8s Falcons/Galaxies/Mustangs/Camaros/Holdens etc.) - yes please.

Historic racing holds my attention again because of the variety of machinery and the braveness of the drivers - i've watched historic F1 and the way they fight for control.......

I'll watch Stock cars (the UK version)because it comes to my neck of the woods regularly. I need live racing or I get withdrawal symptoms.

Anything that goes on at Mallory Park gets my vote too.....perhaps my favourite local track........ or maybe that's Donington...

I could go on and on and on and on.........

Oh! I just have.

Old 20 Dec 1998, 13:00 (Ref:3866)   #10
Craig Antill

Cliff,
Of course you will have noticed that we have a forum for Short Circuit racing ?

Why not say hello in there ? It would be nice to get some traffic in there...