Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Sep 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2282508)   #1
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2009 Grand Prix volunteering forms

Ok – here we go again.

The MSA has sent out the volunteering forms for the 2009 GP.
BMMC members will receive a form with their next newsletter, or via a direct mailing if the newsletter is not immanent.

By Monday 8th September the forms and explanation notes will be on the BMMC website.

Please note the forms this year signify the club’s name – so only BMMC members can use our form – marshals who are members of other clubs must volunteer on their own club’s forms AND SEND THE COMPLETED FORM BACK TO THEIR OWN CLUB

The MSA are looking for experienced marshals who will attend all three days at the event and have officiated for at least twelve days in 2008. If for exceptional reasons (marriage, ill health, change of job etc.) you were unable to do 12 days then please submit an application with a short note of explanation.

Please note that multi-day events count as individual days, e.g. a weekend event can count as two days. These requirements are the same for marshals volunteering through any club, not just the BMMC.

Applications must be on the MSA form, please do not submit any additional sheets or generate your own on personal computers etc.

This application form should be used by everyone who wishes to volunteer.

Applications from novice/trainee officials unfortunately cannot be accepted.

Please ensure that if you wish to volunteer via the BMMC for the 2009 British Grand Prix that you send your completed Record Form to me by no later than 21st November 2008.

All completed forms will be reviewed by the regional chairmen. When we submit nomination forms to the MSA, the MSA will assume that the club is happy with the competence and experience of the marshals concerned and is endorsing their nomination. I will complete the Club Approval box on the nomination form once the regional chairmen have signified approval.

The completed application form is also sufficient for insurance purposes and so a separate Green Slip is not required.

Please do not send applications directly to the MSA or to your regional comps sec – send them to me at:-

Chris Hobson (GP2009)
Ballaugh
27 Dollicott
Haddenham
Bucks
HP17 8JL.

All non-BMMC marshals will need to liaise with their own clubs for their process.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2282537)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey......ALREADY?
Old 6 Sep 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2282718)   #3
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up on the web site already. Quick going.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2282765)   #4
BSA Susie
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton
BSA Susie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on BARC,get my form to me!
Old 6 Sep 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2282893)   #5
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Blimey......ALREADY?
Well, it is earlier next year

But don't care.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2282909)   #6
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'm gonna miss out next year, work commitments have meant I have only done 4 days so far this year. Oh well - have to se if I can scrounge a ticket for next year.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2301300)   #7
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gp 09 marshalling form

hi all, just had my form for the 2009 gp from the bmmc and im wondering if you can help me out.
1- how do i find out the status of an event iv done ie int,nat a/b?
2-beside the heading BMMC at the top of the letter do i write my membership Number?

thats all for now.
thanks in advance
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2301302)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy jon
hi all, just had my form for the 2009 gp from the bmmc and im wondering if you can help me out.
1- how do i find out the status of an event iv done ie int,nat a/b?
If you keep the programmes it is normally written in there, but as a general rule of thumb events such as FIA GTs, Le Mans Series, World Touring Cars, etc are International. Events like British F3/GT and British Touring Cars are National A and club events are National B.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2301305)   #9
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In answer to your questions.
1) Don't worry about the status of the events attended...if you remember them then fill it in,otherwise not a problem.
2) Where it says BMMC at the top, this the proposing club, if you read to the left of it it says so.
Don't forget to volunteer for ALL THREE days.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2301311)   #10
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
2) Where it says BMMC at the top, this the proposing club, if you read to the left of it it says so.
i thought that was two seperate headings
thanks for the help
Old 30 Sep 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2301315)   #11
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
If you keep the programmes it is normally written in there, but as a general rule of thumb events such as FIA GTs, Le Mans Series, World Touring Cars, etc are International. Events like British F3/GT and British Touring Cars are National A and club events are National B.
Someone told me the same last year, so I made it up and didnt have any problems However this year I have tried to make a note of it from the programmes because I dont usually keep them
Old 30 Sep 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2301379)   #12
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can search the MSA web site & it will tell you the permit that was issued to each meeting. Think you have to register with your MSA number before hand though.

Col
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2301427)   #13
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTCC is International
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2301514)   #14
BSA Susie
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton
BSA Susie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletubby
BTCC is International
Are you sure?
What does the B stand for, either you should go back to your donuts or I've had too much wine!

I just go by what flags I hold and I'm sure we do the stationary blue & yellow thing for BTCC, ie National rules.

Unlike some people of my gender, I wait to be corrected.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2301527)   #15
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC has all 3 permits...Int,Nat A,Nat B
(having just checked a programme )
Old 30 Sep 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2301530)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the wavy stuff is FIA. I'm pretty sure both BTCC and British F3 are international status.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2301549)   #17
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Permits are more to do with the championships than the venue or the flag rules. The championship, and its registration, dictates what licence the comptitors need (so I think International means drivers from overseas are allowed to compete using the appropriate grade of licence from their home country but a foreigner doing a national series over here needs to re-register with MSA). At a BTCC or F3/GT meeting some of the championships are international and others aren't, hence the dual/multiple permits listed in the programme. Flagging depends more on whether a championship or series has rounds in more than one country or not (so WTCC is International/FIA and BTCC is International/MSA).

Piglet probably knows more about this than I do.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 06:37 (Ref:2301681)   #18
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Swallow
I have not received any paper work at all. where can i get the form from?.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2301699)   #19
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan
Permits are more to do with the championships than the venue or the flag rules. The championship, and its registration, dictates what licence the comptitors need (so I think International means drivers from overseas are allowed to compete using the appropriate grade of licence from their home country but a foreigner doing a national series over here needs to re-register with MSA). At a BTCC or F3/GT meeting some of the championships are international and others aren't, hence the dual/multiple permits listed in the programme. Flagging depends more on whether a championship or series has rounds in more than one country or not (so WTCC is International/FIA and BTCC is International/MSA).

Piglet probably knows more about this than I do.
You are very correct

(although the thing you might be thinking about with overseas drivers being able to compete is NEAPP (I don't think that's quite the right name though?) which is where even at National B a competitor with an overseas licence can play as long as the race is NEAPP (or whatever it's called!) - the club will of course pay more for this )

It's probably worth a bit of a list of what's what to help folks with their forms...I'm only going to list the highest permit at an event, as said above BTCC will have Int stuff and Nat stuff...

A1GP - Int
WTCC - Int
DTM - Int
F3/GT - Int
LMS - Int
BTCC - Int
Britcar - Nat B (always confuses people!)

Most other things are likely to be Nat B, I'm struggling to think what there is that is Nat A now as there are fewer Nat A's than there used to be.

Please feel free to add....
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:39 (Ref:2301728)   #20
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filled in and posted - now just the wait (and the worry - has it been received at the other end!!!)
Old 1 Oct 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2301739)   #21
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss24355261
Steve Swallow
I have not received any paper work at all. where can i get the form from?.
For BMMC members,it can be downloaded from their website
http://www.marshals.co.uk/vol.php

http://www.marshals.co.uk/files/2009...nForm-BMMC.pdf
Old 1 Oct 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2301809)   #22
PieMan
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
For BMMC members,it can be downloaded from their website
Correct but you must send it to Chris Hobson for validation by the club, not direct to the address at the bottom. BMMC South Mids region members should have had a copy with their latest newsletter. IMHO it makes sense to volunteer through the same club that administers your grading, the procedure should be similar but probably involving the Chief Marshal.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2301826)   #23
PieMan
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
You are very correct

(although the thing you might be thinking about with overseas drivers being able to compete is NEAPP (I don't think that's quite the right name though?) which is where even at National B a competitor with an overseas licence can play as long as the race is NEAPP (or whatever it's called!) - the club will of course pay more for this )

Britcar - Nat B (always confuses people!)
Thanks Anita - correct in what I said or correct that you know more?

NEAFP = National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation (or New England Alpaca Fiber Pool )

Britcar 24 Hours meeting (how many 'days' does that count as?) was Nat A+B - due to the FPAudis?
Old 1 Oct 2008, 09:34 (Ref:2301836)   #24
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieMan
Thanks Anita - correct in what I said or correct that you know more?

NEAFP = National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation (or New England Alpaca Fiber Pool )

Britcar 24 Hours meeting (how many 'days' does that count as?) was Nat A+B - due to the FPAudis?
I thought I was close to the right title but I was a bit worried about googling too many acronyms at work - wasn't sure what I might get!

You are correct in what you say and being female, I of course know much more

I *think* FPA is Nat B although I haven't signed them on for a while so I might be wrong?
Old 1 Oct 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2301878)   #25
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine and Stephanies will be sent this weekend,