Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3742189)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta - Oct 4-7 2017

I know it's a bit early, but we've got some inquiring minds and I'm willing to assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Thanks!

Any tips for general car parking?
Much like Sebring, the infield parking pass would be worth it at Road Atlanta. You will have the freedom to bring a little more gear with you, if staying offsite, but you may have some difficulty finding parking close to the trackside on race day. You'll still be able to find a spot.

I believe the parking at Lanier (circle track across the highway) is still free and you'll have access to a tram (stops are red dots on track map). It gets all around the track and the walk from the furthest tram stop (spectator hill) to Turns 6&7 is probably the easiest walk

Old 20 Jun 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3745573)   #2
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you- very helpful!
Old 7 Aug 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3757908)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two months away. Need to order my tickets and no, I don't plan on searching for the rest of my tickets for a discount. I can only find about a dozen

Hope to see CanAmMan again. He's been quiet around these parts.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3757969)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got my hard card last spring like an adult. I might even hit the track again for some Fall Historics and spread some clover seeds to clean up the mud pit a bit before Petit.

May actually test a couple recipes to make a savory bread pudding for breakfast instead of my usual potato breakfast. And yes, there will be cinnamon rolls and biscuits.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3758022)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Got my hard card last spring like an adult. I might even hit the track again for some Fall Historics and spread some clover seeds to clean up the mud pit a bit before Petit.
Not mud. It will remain dry.

Quote:
May actually test a couple recipes to make a savory bread pudding for breakfast instead of my usual potato breakfast. And yes, there will be cinnamon rolls and biscuits.
Mmmmmmmmmm. Puudddddddddddding breakfast....

Old 7 Aug 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3758075)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I figured, bacon, bread, egg, herbs would definitely get a thumbs down and thrown away straight off
Old 8 Aug 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3758266)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
^All good things!

Schedule released (almost a month ago....)

https://roadatlanta.com/images/2017/...r-Schedule.pdf

I'll see y'all Thursday AM.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3758370)   #8
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the schedule. I'll be there from Wednesday. Flying out Monday, the morning after BTCC at Brands Hatch. Busy motorsport week
Old 9 Aug 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3758375)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
^All good things!

Schedule released (almost a month ago....)

https://roadatlanta.com/images/2017/...r-Schedule.pdf

I'll see y'all Thursday AM.
Slacker, think of all that sweet PC and GT3 cup practice you'll miss. Some of us are dedicated and will be there Tuesday noon or so because is tastier at the track. Might even bring a brisket for Wed night dinner, just so there's none left for late arrivers.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3758382)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Thanks for the schedule. I'll be there from Wednesday. Flying out Monday, the morning after BTCC at Brands Hatch. Busy motorsport week
Oh YEAH! Sounds like a great week to me!

Quote:
Slacker, think of all that sweet PC and GT3 cup practice you'll miss. Some of us are dedicated and will be there Tuesday noon or so because is tastier at the track. Might even bring a brisket for Wed night dinner, just so there's none left for late arrivers.
You're so mean.

I've burnt up some days this year, partially on Sebring, slacker
Old 9 Aug 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3758386)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
You're so mean.

I've burnt up some days this year, partially on Sebring, slacker
Gov't work, been here 5 months and have almost 2 weeks of vacation already.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3758408)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Gov't work, been here 5 months and have almost 2 weeks of vacation already.
I'm over 35. I demand over 2 wks paid vacation when I start anything. I've earned it and don't give a damn who I earned it with.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3758423)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That's free 'earned' time, think between actual vacation and comp time it's about a month or so paid time off after 1 year, instead of my 2 weeks after 5 years at the last job
Old 9 Aug 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3758438)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That's free 'earned' time, think between actual vacation and comp time it's about a month or so paid time off after 1 year, instead of my 2 weeks after 5 years at the last job
I got to write our company's employee manual and wore flip flops into the office yesterday.

NONE of this has NOTHING to do with NO PLM (triple negative goes positive).

Who else is going? Tickets are going fast I hear

joeb, over / under for haircuts on the trip east, assuming you are coming and hope you are.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3758444)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I got to write our company's employee manual and wore flip flops into the office yesterday.

joeb, over / under for haircuts on the trip east, assuming you are coming and hope you are.
I'm thinking the early line is 3, depending heavily on road trip food quality. I reserve the right to add 1 for each mention of taco bell, possibly fried chicken shacks as well.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3758453)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Megs and I are discussing a low country boil on Thursday or Friday.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3758456)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm thinking the early line is 3, depending heavily on road trip food quality. I reserve the right to add 1 for each mention of taco bell, possibly fried chicken shacks as well.
He went under 1 last year, so I'll place a wager against your 1, atm. My early lean is under 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Megs and I are discussing a low country boil on Thursday or Friday.
OOOOOOOOOOOO!

My early lean there is Friday, to avoid too much work before Christmas morning. I mean, night practice.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 11:18 (Ref:3758589)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:

I'll be there Wednesday evening as usual. Actually forgot about this thread, but got shamed into looking for it.

Betting on my haircuts? I don't think there are Vegas odds for that!

I'll stay away from Taco Bell on the way, but will likely be eating some wings from Zaxbys. Could be same effect.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3758596)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'll be there Wednesday evening as usual. Actually forgot about this thread, but got shamed into looking for it.

Betting on my haircuts? I don't think there are Vegas odds for that!

I'll stay away from Taco Bell on the way, but will likely be eating some wings from Zaxbys. Could be same effect.
The conversion is the same for the top tier spicy wings as Taco Bell.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3758610)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tickets were officially ordered this morning. I'm now ready.

Actually i should probably see if my tent is still functional, and all that other camping stuff too.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3758614)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Tickets were officially ordered this morning. I'm now ready.

Actually i should probably see if my tent is still functional, and all that other camping stuff too.
And get your car sent to Joest for the performance and reliability tune so it can make it all the way? Or will there be an oil fire last in the event like last year?
Old 10 Aug 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3758619)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And get your car sent to Joest for the performance and reliability tune so it can make it all the way? Or will there be an oil fire last in the event like last year?
If you recall, one car made it till about 9:30 into the race before exploding.

I did give Doonan a call to see if they could at least have speedsource go over my car, but he declined.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3758650)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Not only did the Mazda make 9.5 hours, it went over 1,000 miles.

And don't get too excited, joeb, but I'm confident in most road Mazdas. They just should all have 3 or 4 rotors with straight pipes and lots of flames.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 17:15 (Ref:3758652)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Not only did the Mazda make 9.5 hours, it went over 1,000 miles.

And don't get too excited, joeb, but I'm confident in most road Mazdas. They just should all have 3 or 4 rotors with straight pipes and lots of flames.
With a free reciprocating saw to cut away bodywork as it over heated like a Kudzu?
Old 11 Aug 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3758821)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
With a free reciprocating saw to cut away bodywork as it over heated like a Kudzu?
It'll be tear away.

So, we are in this funky weather pattern again (at least in the Athens area- I know it's different 40 miles away) where we are wet for about 1.5 weeks and then dry for 3. Do we expect that to change?

joeb may have to bring one of those broke ass pumps from NOLA with him...