Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the return to Paul Ricard?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 5.88%
7 4 11.76%
6 12 35.29%
5 3 8.82%
4 3 8.82%
3 5 14.71%
2 4 11.76%
1 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3832874)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: French Grand Prix 2018

What score do you give the return to Paul Ricard?
Old 24 Jun 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3832936)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. lot happening, just not for the lead. I didn't fall to sleep at least so that's something
Old 24 Jun 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3832938)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't a great race but it wasn't dire like Canada. There was some overtaking, without DRS and there was some controversy because of the Turn One incidents. I can't remember a race, where the stewards were still considering handing out penalties, long after the incidents happened. Mercedes and Lulu dominated and Vettel and Ferrari had to resort to damage limitation and it was good to have the French GP back.

Definitely ditch the chicane for next year.

Old 24 Jun 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3832939)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better than I expected, best race of the last 4 GPs.

Old 24 Jun 2018, 23:18 (Ref:3832953)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For the era it's an amazing race. 4/10
Old 25 Jun 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3832967)   #6
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Would of been higher but those damn stripes gave me a headache.
Old 25 Jun 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3832991)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found it unpleasant to keep staring at the blue and red Ricard 'artwork', but the race was mildly engaging at times. I did fall asleep towards the end (and I was only watching the highlights) but I'd only just got home after a long journey. But once you strip out the soft DRS overtakes, and the first corner shenanigans I'm not sure that there was really much to shout about. A generous 6.
Old 25 Jun 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3832994)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 4, bit of action, more than Montreal, but the race was pretty much decided at the start
Old 25 Jun 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3832999)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2. A once great circuit, emasculated and given a daft eye watering paint job.
Old 25 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3833021)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was exhausted and fell asleep several times. Perhaps not the race and just me for missing good parts, but after the opening lap, I lost interest quick. Maybe I was hypnotized by the stripes.

Old 25 Jun 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3833024)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it a 5 this time some good bits and plenty of overtaking thanks to vettel and bottas starting from the back effectively, would have been 6 if it was not for the horrid paint job on the circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2018, 03:08 (Ref:3833134)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the hype that it was going to be a boring race, it was much better than I expected. 8.
Old 26 Jun 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3833171)   #13
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 26 Jun 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3833195)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
watched a recording and basically fast forwarded through most of the race.

lasting impressions are more about the difficulties faced by those trying to attend live.

given the track is one where layout changes should be (relatively) easy to make, i hope the powers that be can sort it out and try to have some more fun with the venue next year.

an unpopular view no doubt, but i would have turned on the sprinklers.

Old 26 Jun 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3833212)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

an unpopular view no doubt, but i would have turned on the sprinklers.
Oh, I suspect not - I think it would have been very popular!
Old 26 Jun 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3833249)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7 for the race, and -1 for the stupid paint job on the circuit. Please, let's go back to Magny Cours.
Old 27 Jun 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3833275)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 7. Good spectacle at times.
Old 27 Jun 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3833297)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
5 I only watched the highlights as I couldn't cope with the hypnotic stripes !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !