Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 16 May 2007, 12:40 (Ref:1914638)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Books: 'The Certain Sound'

Can someone answer me a question that I've been wondering about?

Most of the (very few) copies of John Wyer's book 'The Certain Sound' that I see on the net have the yellow dustwrapper with John's face on it. Mine has a Porsche 917 in Gulf colours (of course). Knowing my luck I guess that makes mine a later and less valuable edition?
Old 17 May 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1915700)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No ideas then?
Old 19 May 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1916843)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
No ideas then?
I think your best bet is probably to ask in the AtlasF1 nostalgia forum. If they don't know it, it aint worth knowing!
Old 21 May 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1917683)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Perhaps so...... I may have to accept that, for the first time in nearly 6 years I've posted a question no-one can answer here....

No, I simply don't believe that because I know there are members who themselves have the book.....

Never mind......
Old 22 May 2007, 18:35 (Ref:1919010)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey, Ayse, I have the same copy as you and also wondered, but then I thought it doesn't matter; the contents are the same and that's what counts. Great book; one of the 'must haves'.
Old 26 May 2007, 23:30 (Ref:1921828)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assuming yours is copyright marked 1981, you've got the first year of printing. What you'll have in the one with the 917 on the cover is the one published by Haynes in the UK and the US. The yellow one was the rest of world edition released by Automobile Year/Edita Lausanne.

Both are equally precious. The AY one, by dint of being slightly scarcer in the UK, is worth about a tenner more from British booksellers. Hardly worth worrying about when both can command the thick end of 200 quid if you ever need to replace one.
Old 29 May 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1923932)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks a lot TimD, that solves the puzzle then. Much obliged.