Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who will win the 6hr Spa overall?
Toyota #7 4 28.57%
Toyota #8 7 50.00%
Toyota #9 0 0%
Porsche #1 2 14.29%
Porsche #2 1 7.14%
Other (please specificy) 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3731541)   #101
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Track temps going down, Porsches going quicker now then before, looks like they have a tyre deg issue to sort out before LM.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3731546)   #102
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or has the intrigue in sportscar racing been lost with the departure of Audi in P1 and the dominance of Oreca in P2? I can easily reminisce having attended many events over the past 50 years including many visits to Le Mans and Spa but watching the current race I'm resorting to concentrating once again on the frenetic battle in the GT categories which seems to be the only real racing these days. I can perhaps understand the commercial benefits in reducing the permissible number of manufacturers in P2 but I surely do miss the inter team rivalry of days gone by.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3731549)   #103
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saw the Ford only changing left hand side tires. Anyone notice how the Ferrari and Porsche have done?
Old 6 May 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3731550)   #104
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Is it just me or has the intrigue in sportscar racing been lost with the departure of Audi in P1 and the dominance of Oreca in P2? I can easily reminisce having attended many events over the past 50 years including many visits to Le Mans and Spa but watching the current race I'm resorting to concentrating once again on the frenetic battle in the GT categories which seems to be the only real racing these days.
While I am just as sad about the lack of diversity in LMP2 as the next guy, it does not seem to be lacking frenetic battles!
Old 6 May 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3731551)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's all good. Yes, I might want more P1, more engines and chassis in P2 and, for that matter, no contrived BoP in GT. However while the race is been on I've not given it a thought until you brought it up. I've considering the racing and the nuances of the race.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3731552)   #106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is it just me or has the intrigue in sportscar racing been lost with the departure of Audi in P1 and the dominance of Oreca in P2? I can easily reminisce having attended many events over the past 50 years including many visits to Le Mans and Spa but watching the current race I'm resorting to concentrating once again on the frenetic battle in the GT categories which seems to be the only real racing these days. I can perhaps understand the commercial benefits in reducing the permissible number of manufacturers in P2 but I surely do miss the inter team rivalry of days gone by.
It's not as good as last year no, but I wouldn't say the intrigue is lost. Remember that the "real" racing in the GT class is created by a BoP system too. That's even less real than the P2 class as they go out of their way to balance the cars at every opportunity.

I agree with your point, but I don't think the result is as bad as some people say. I do miss last year, with Audi, and different P2 chassis and stuff. But it's still a great series overall, and along with ELMS and IMSA, there isn't anything else I'd rather be watching.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3731553)   #107
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wurz saying the #9 is suffering from high tire deg and pickup in traffic.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3731554)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So we've just learned that the Ford GT diffuser is just the right height to bunch a hole the grill of the old Porsche GTE car.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3731555)   #109
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FCY
Old 6 May 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3731556)   #110
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GTs tripping themselves up in front of Toyota.

What will they do about that Gulf Porsche?
Old 6 May 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3731557)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
FCY
That'll be it!
Old 6 May 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3731558)   #112
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the FCY screw the #7 as it finished its pit stop just before it was announced?
Old 6 May 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3731559)   #113
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It may have been diminished, but I think it's too early to say that the magic has gone. It was only last race where both prototype classes had great races that went on for the duration of the race.

Would it be better with Audi and other manufacturers in LMP2? I'm confident it would. But there's enough good racing going on to keep me interested - it just doesn't quite compare to the last couple of years, which, by modern standards of prototype endurance racing, were excellent.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3731560)   #114
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Did the FCY screw the #7 as it finished its pit stop just before it was announced?
Porsche came in right after so I don't think so.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3731561)   #115
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
GTs tripping themselves up in front of Toyota.

What will they do about that Gulf Porsche?
They are trying to get him through the gap in the pit wall.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3731562)   #116
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Again, I have to ask why that's a FCY and not a slow zone. It seemed perfect for a slow zone - car should easily be recovered, no medical assistance required. They have the slow zone boards up, but never use them.

Were Toyota marginal on fuel there? Why did they pit before the FCY? If they'd waited a lap they'd have been able to do the pit stop under yellow.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3731564)   #117
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Green
Old 6 May 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3731565)   #118
kvenom
Veteran

#8 benefitted tremendously from that FCY
Old 6 May 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3731566)   #119
Oracle
Rookie

England
Oracle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did #8 jump #7?
Old 6 May 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3731567)   #120
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Lead change in LMP2. Rebellion were up to something during their pit stop and G-Drive popped through into the lead. Watch for Jota. They were nowhere earlier today and are now 3rd and 4th. Same as Silverstone, they seem to get stronger as the race goes on.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3731568)   #121
kvenom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Did #8 jump #7?
#8 Got the full service done while everyone else was puttering around at 80Kph
Old 6 May 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3731569)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Did #8 jump #7?
Yeah. #7 pitted under green, #8 pitted under yellow. The time saved swapped them.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3731570)   #123
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Porsche went from 50 seconds off of the #7 Toyota to only 12 seconds.
Old 6 May 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3731571)   #124
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Porsche #1 pit stop under investigation
Old 6 May 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3731572)   #125
Oracle
Rookie

England
Oracle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked like they had but live timing is very slow to update!