Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Jul 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1663453)   #1
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello Yesterday~Thanks

Thanks to all Marshalls, Safety Crew, doc etc for the help after my shunt at Mondello yesterday.
Brake pedal went to the floor on the approach to Dunlop corner, hit the tyre wall at about 60mph!! Last lap, last corner...or so I thought. Turns out the man with the flag forgot to wave it on lap fifteen so we ran for sixteen laps!! the results were posted at 15, showing me still third
I was lucky and escaped with a sprained wrist (no funny comments lads!!), but the car might have to visit a jig before it goes out again!!!!
Old 24 Jul 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1663669)   #2
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad your ok leo and hope you can get the car sorted for the park

col
Old 27 Jul 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1665708)   #3
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Yeah, i was lucky all right, glad I had the belts on so tight!! I hear you are bringing the Imp to knockhill this weekend and giving the bro a spin? He can't wait.........
As for the Park, I'm commentating so no racing for me
Old 1 Aug 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1670155)   #4
col rooney
Racer

Ireland

Oh yes back from knockhill it was a rare sight the old man ,brother and my self all drove the imp and the brother i hooked i think he will be looking to get a faster car soon

col
Old 1 Aug 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1670170)   #5
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just caught this now and in the Autosport. Really sorry to hear you had a heavy hit last week Leo, hope you're OK.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1672256)   #6
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
@ Davyboy, nah, I'm brand new. Was at Oulton on Saturday and the vast quantities of alcohol consumed appear to have fixed the sprained wrist!!
By the way, my Dad burnt that DVD for you and forgot to give it to me before he went away, so it'll be in the post by Tuesday!! Keep you busy for a week or so!!!

@Col, yeah, got a text from the bro saying the Imp was unbelievable. He's bound to be hooked. Half the weight and about 20bhp extra, plus slicks and rwd!!!
Maybe he will rob your dad's new machine that we know nothing about
Old 3 Aug 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1672567)   #7
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
Well Leo i dont know what a fiat put out but the imp is around 115bhp and weighs around 500kg as for him knicking the old man new set of wheels he would never handle it from what i can make out it should not be long before he is back on track

col
Old 3 Aug 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1672642)   #8
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Anything over 90bhp is sharp enough in an Irish spec Uno, and the weight is 787 with driver, so Dan's Uno must weigh about the same as the Imp

Talk about smashing my glasshouse there with the weight joke

As for the oul fella, haven't a F3ckin clue what he has!!!!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1672906)   #9
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
@ Davyboy, nah, I'm brand new. Was at Oulton on Saturday and the vast quantities of alcohol consumed appear to have fixed the sprained wrist!!
By the way, my Dad burnt that DVD for you and forgot to give it to me before he went away, so it'll be in the post by Tuesday!! Keep you busy for a week or so!!!
Isn't alcohol a wonderful thing... solves all problems [I think ] Glad to hear you're OK though Leo... not sure you'd be in the same condition after visiting the Dunlop scenery in 3P or a Sport though.

Great stuff about the DVD, thank your dad so much for that. I'll be on bended knees by the letterbox until it arrives :-)
Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1673221)   #10
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
No probs! Love the avatar, but she's running a bit rich! Hope thats the warm up lap!!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1673823)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

That was me in the IRL championships in Kilcornan in 1987 in my brand new Fullerton/PCR. I would hope it was the rolling lap Leo
Old 6 Aug 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1674809)   #12
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Ah, yes, the Testa Rossa. Had a Sirio Zenith myself, gold top job. No answer for the Rotaxes though.....
Old 6 Aug 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1674833)   #13
davyboy
Veteran

Those 'coloured head' days were so funny. I must admit, I was totally taken in with it at the time and payed a ton for the 'factory selected' PCR testa rossa as opposed to the standard one. I even went the whole hog in getting 'factory selected' knife edge conrods [at GBP200 a piece back then] and what not when rebuilding the motors. You live and learn. You're right though... the Rotax 88 and 89 completely changed karting overnight.

By the way Leo... do you know what the current 100cc National lap record of the 1.24 mile Mondello is and who holds it ?
Old 7 Aug 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1676489)   #14
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
No idea, theres a mission for me. I have a feeling Donal Loughrey had it at one stage at 61 or 62 seconds but I can't be sure. Just watched your DVD, the Dad took it upon himself to add a few other bits to it aswell(!) So there's a documentary on road (bike) racing in the 70's, 2 RPM programmes from last season (Fvee festival, Formula Sheane and Historics), then it goes to the Prod saloon and GT stuff. The Park '79 (RTE) both Saloons and GTs, the Leinster Trophy Saloon race (O'Rourke, Shorthall etc) and loads of Leslie Regan stuff shot from the stand. Quality is only OK, but it'll keep you busy for quite a while. Bank hol here today so I'll bang it in the post from work tomorrow!
Old 7 Aug 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1676907)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

Leo, your Dad's a legend. This sounds mouth-wateringly fantastic. By the way, did you get the mail I sent you with the Modsport Midget pictures ?

I was thinking of making a trip over at the weekend for the Park as The Brother said there's a pretty good Libre field out and apparently Bob Copeland has geared his F3000 for 180mph on the front straight. Is that true ? Apart from himself, Daly and Fildes do you know who else is in the libre field ? I'm still spinning after the Silverston Classic last weekend... probably one of the best meetings I've ever been to in terms of hardware.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1677433)   #16
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Formula Libre

Ron Cummins
Kildare
AC 300ME 2L

Dan Daly
Dunshaughlin
Reynard 92D 3.8L

Bob Copeland
Drumree
Reynard 90D 3.8L

John Naylor
Carnew
Vauxhall Lotus 2.0L

Simon McKinley
Rush
Lant RT4 2.4L

Seamus Ryan
Enniscorthy
Stryker Hyabusa 1.3L

Carsten Meurer
Dusseldorf
Vauxhall Lotus 2.0L

Alan Kessie
The Naul
Gryphon C73 1.7L

Enda Byrne
Gorey
Sheane Hayabusa 1.3L

James Lyons
Robertstown
Formula Ireland 2.0L

Ken Fildes
Clonsilla
Ralt RT4 2.3L

Frank Byrnes
Oranmore
Reynard SF81 2.0L

Eamonn Matheson
Newcastle
Mission T5 Hyabusa 1.3L

Joe Greenan
Belfast
Chevron B42 1.6L

Richard Young
Belfast
Crossle 41F 2.0L

Bob Parkes
Kilalloe
Van Diemen FR90 1.7L
Old 8 Aug 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1677700)   #17
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Hi Leo, Davey. Away on the hols so just caught this post. Dave, you should come over for the Park. Be real good to see you. Should have been out in the Fiat but gearbox probs put paid to that. On the other hand, means I'll get to see a few shun....sorry races!! Leo, did you get the 124? Tell me you did, I need the laugh!
Old 9 Aug 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1678247)   #18
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
I've held off till I source inner wings, but as Her Indoors said to me last night, I might as well just collect it. The heart has already made the purchase.......
Someday I'll get sense. Left the 127 ticking over last night just to give it a run and never turned the fan on,by the time I got back to it, it had dumped all its coolant and there were clouds of steam everywhere. What a dope Lucky for me, it had just blown the cap off the expansion tank, not a bother on it. Of course I just had to take her down the road to make sure it was ok. As they say in Kildare....Some yoke to go!!

If that lot doesn't give you a laugh, nothing will...........