Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Apr 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4205220)   #1
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park 20 April 2024

delta and I will be at Cadwell Park for the Equipe meeting in the Lotus Elite this weekend. I am looking forward to it as I have not raced there before.
Old 17 Apr 2024, 09:09 (Ref:4205223)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
delta and I will be at Cadwell Park for the Equipe meeting in the Lotus Elite this weekend. I am looking forward to it as I have not raced there before.
Superb and spectacular venue, quite rightly described as the mini Nurburgring
Old 17 Apr 2024, 09:28 (Ref:4205227)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hopefully you can get all 4 wheels in the air over the top of the mountain ? Whatever It's an interesting track where muscle doesn't always win, so just enjoy it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Apr 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4205230)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, enjoy the race Robert, the place looks stunning and a little bit scarying (at least for wild squirrels). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q05k_Xc7b4
Old 17 Apr 2024, 10:17 (Ref:4205234)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I said to you at Pi when you hinted it might be on the cards that you will love the place, and I reckon the Elite is just the car for it.

Enjoy it and wish you the best for a drama free and successful weekend.
Old 17 Apr 2024, 10:43 (Ref:4205235)   #6
drbob
Racer

I am busy looking at YouTube videos of racing lines. Not much run off. It looks challenging. I will get the younger delta to take a few photos going over the top of the mountain Gordon. Haha see what I can do.
Old 17 Apr 2024, 11:10 (Ref:4205237)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The only place I've ever felt car-sick whilst racing.......such a combination of vertical and horizontal direction changes. Definitely an interesting and challenging place, though.

As a racer the section from bottom of the Mountain to the start of the pit straight is a bit of a waste of time, though testing, as you can go at any speed you like - unless you actively assist, no one can pass you.........reveals its true nature as a bike circuit.

Enjoy - I'd come and watch but I'm up the road at Croft watching the Alfa Championship racing with 750MC.
Old 17 Apr 2024, 12:30 (Ref:4205243)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Richard. Challenging in the faster parts round the back of the circuit, though. I remember years back seeing a Rover 3500 go over the banking at the Gooseneck and come to rest on the grass close to the circuit at the other side. I think the banking was raised a little after that. As Richard said the part from the bottom of the mountain through to the start of the main straight is quite narrow and easy to defend. Also quite slow but keep the steering straight as you crest the mountain!
I too felt physically sick after racing there and decided I wouldn't race there again so left it to my son when Cadwell was on the calendar.
Old 17 Apr 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4205244)   #9
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell is definitely a challenging circuit .Does take a lot of practice to get to know the lines and corners .
I was overall champion there [ many years ago ]. I think it was based upon how many in your class you beat over a series of races . I was quite surprised when they gave me a huge cup at the end of the season , and I could keep it at home for the next year . Was Georgian silver so quite valuable .
How many places would do that now , they will usually take it back as you come down from the podium .
Old 17 Apr 2024, 14:14 (Ref:4205245)   #10
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an in-car lap which may be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFEpCpWEwoQ
Old 17 Apr 2024, 14:14 (Ref:4205246)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had my first outright win there over 30 years ago! I also put a Capri over the barriers at Park, there about 28 years ago! Challenging but fun when you get it right.
Old 18 Apr 2024, 06:42 (Ref:4205292)   #12
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Best circuit in the UK and I will be there for HSCC next month . I'd be at Cadwell this w/e but will also be at Croft 750MC which is only up the road for me
Old 18 Apr 2024, 11:36 (Ref:4205313)   #13
drbob
Racer

Thanks Malcolm.
This one is OK as well:

https://youtu.be/49LT1VuNa2A?feature=shared
Old 18 Apr 2024, 12:55 (Ref:4205320)   #14
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Malcolm.
This one is OK as well:

https://youtu.be/49LT1VuNa2A?feature=shared
Handy video . But watching noticed a few little changes from what used to be there .
On the Park Straight there used to be an open grandstand on the left , and if it was not to busy with slipstreaming etc , used to have a glance up there to see if there was any ladies with skirts on and their feet up on the seats in front .Did distract from the racing a bit .

But don,t tell Bauble .
Old 18 Apr 2024, 14:11 (Ref:4205326)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Best circuit in the UK and I will be there for HSCC next month . I'd be at Cadwell this w/e but will also be at Croft 750MC which is only up the road for me

Maybe see you on Saturday
Old 19 Apr 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4205450)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Event programme, timetable and entry list here: https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....ell%202024.pdf

Dr Bob is running in Equipe GTS, #42

Anyone know if they will be running a live stream for the event?
Old 19 Apr 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4205469)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Testing good today . Our Dr Bob went well . Now out on the town for a pizza . ?
Old 19 Apr 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4205490)   #18
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Have a good day tomorrow
Old 19 Apr 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4205491)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ditto.
Old 20 Apr 2024, 20:06 (Ref:4205615)   #20
drbob
Racer

A disappointing weekend for the delta team. A collapsed front wheel bearing end of qualifying. Loss of drive for the race. Investigating but prolly broken diff. But I really enjoyed the circuit. I would like to return.
Old 21 Apr 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4205714)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cadwell park. Dr Bob Elite.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	79765
Challenging day yesterday but I did run down to Halls bends Friday afternoon and got this shot of the good Doc going well in the Elite.
Old 21 Apr 2024, 10:39 (Ref:4205721)   #22
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More Cadwell Park Friday Testing
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3509.jpg   IMG_3548 Hall bends.JPG   IMG_3936 v1.JPG  

IMG_3878.jpg   IMG_3880.jpg  
Old 21 Apr 2024, 12:14 (Ref:4205737)   #23
drbob
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegibson View Post
More Cadwell Park Friday Testing
Nice shots KG and delta
Old 21 Apr 2024, 12:33 (Ref:4205739)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sorry to read of your woes Dr Bob, but glad you got to get some laps in and enjoyed the track. Plus you have some nice photos!

Thanks guys for posting the pics.
Old 22 Apr 2024, 12:56 (Ref:4206048)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Shame about the issues, but glad you enjoyed the circuit - and some nice lines through Hall Bends