Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 Jan 2002, 14:10 (Ref:207397)   #1
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update on Steve Parks progress

January 30, 2002

Dear Fans,

On Monday, January 28th, I tested my #1 Pennzoil Monte Carlo at Caraway Speedway in Asheboro, NC. It was wonderful to get back behind the wheel and turn some laps. I had no problems whatsoever as I continue to prepare for my return to Winston Cup. We tested the car all day and the longest run was about 50 laps. Dr. Petty was there to continue his evaluation of my progress and I think he's pretty satisfied at this stage of the game. I know I am. Paul Andrews and I are very pleased with the lap times.

I had no vision problems, no dizziness and it felt like I had never missed a day behind the wheel. It felt great. We'll be deciding when and where the next test will be very soon. Even though I am spending several hours a day in the gym improving my strength and stamina there is no real substitute for good old seat time. I need to fine-tune my skills and the only way to do that is to take a car hard into turn one. So we'll test again and evaluate some more and I'll be back to racing before you know it. The green flag is just around the corner.

I promise to keep you informed of what's going on. With all of my focus on getting prepared to race I know that I am where I am because of the support of fans like you. You continue to amaze me and I will not let you down. We will be back in victory lane before you know it.

I recently got a new digital camera and I had time to take some pictures at the test. So, that's why I'm not in any of these photos...I took them! I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed taking them. Check back soon for pictures of my dog, Harley.

Until Next Time,
Old 31 Jan 2002, 16:03 (Ref:207454)   #2
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news indeed. Glad to hear it.