Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Mar 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4147033)   #176
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Villeneuve is actually relishing the opportunity with Vanwall. He is excited to be driving in a series full time and cant wait to get back into it.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...racing-return/
Old 13 Apr 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4151316)   #177
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Italian hot shot Daniil Kvyat joins Lamborghini LMDh squad

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...y-lmdh-driver/
Old 13 Apr 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4151343)   #178
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Italian hot shot Daniil Kvyat joins Lamborghini LMDh squad

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...y-lmdh-driver/
That is a good pickup. I was also hoping for more car information in there, like when will it be on track......
Old 14 Apr 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4151442)   #179
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is a good pickup. I was also hoping for more car information in there, like when will it be on track......
If I recall correctly, DSC reported that they are aiming for a rollout in the summer.
Old 22 May 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4157505)   #180
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Malthe Jakobsen joins Peugeot in junior driver role. I thought with the Nicolas Lapierre connection at Cool Racing he might end up at Alpine.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...t-peugeot.html
Old 19 Jun 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4164632)   #181
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel could enter the WEC and the 24 Hours of Le Mans with BMW

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/...edium=facebook
Old 20 Jun 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4164824)   #182
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jensen Button looking for a return to racing next year possibly WEC
Old 11 Jul 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4167897)   #183
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the rumours are to be believed, Nyck De Vries will be back on the market and available for a seat next year. I think he could walk into most WEC teams. Complete waste of a talent in the F1 woodchipper.
Old 11 Jul 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4167955)   #184
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If the rumours are to be believed, Nyck De Vries will be back on the market and available for a seat next year. I think he could walk into most WEC teams. Complete waste of a talent in the F1 woodchipper.

Would he go back to Toyota you think?
Old 11 Jul 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4167959)   #185
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Would he go back to Toyota you think?
I don't think they are looking for a driver, are they?
Old 11 Jul 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4167966)   #186
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
He is back on the market

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...droidApp_Other
Old 11 Jul 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4167972)   #187
Matador
Racer

Quote:

Well he was their reserve driver. Not sure how long they are going to have Nakajima double up on that roll (or have Kamui moonlighting as team principal).
Old 11 Jul 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4167978)   #188
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
With the news from Audi Sport today (basically shuttering the customer sport program as we've come to know it due to the push for electrification on the road car side and focusing on F1 on the motorsport side), a lot more drivers may be on the market soon...
Old 11 Jul 2023, 20:24 (Ref:4167984)   #189
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
He would be better served to take on a new challenge like LMH/LMDh. It's moving in either a forward or new direction, whereas Formula E is going backwards and IndyCar is sideways, with or without a major sponsor.

As for Vettel, I said that this would happen a couple of months ago, that he would be bored with retirement, and an opportunity such as this will be just the thing to get his juices flowing.
Oh, by the way, what's Mick Schumacher doing lately?...
Old 11 Jul 2023, 20:55 (Ref:4167987)   #190
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There were strong rumours he was in line to take a Toyota race seat this season before the F1 offer came in. Situations change, and maybe he's burned a bridge there. But I think he'd be a great addition.
Old 12 Jul 2023, 13:37 (Ref:4168080)   #191
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
There were strong rumours he was in line to take a Toyota race seat this season before the F1 offer came in. Situations change, and maybe he's burned a bridge there. But I think he'd be a great addition.
I don't disagree, think is a great driver. I just don't know what Toyota wants to do for next season.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4170168)   #192
Matador
Racer

I know it's not an announcement but

Lamborghini, BMW in race to secure Marciello for 2024 LMDh programmes
Old 27 Jul 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4170182)   #193
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Read in DSC's daily that ORECA and Curbstone were putting together a couple of professional track days, mainly for teams in Hypercar, LMP2 & 3, GT3. Dates and places include Yas Marina in mid January, and in March for Spain, France, and Belgium. I think we can guess those three tracks...

If I'm a driver, I would keep my racing bag packed, as there could be an opportunity to do a test drive. Run some laps, give them some info, and possibly get a deal.
Old 29 Jul 2023, 06:56 (Ref:4170348)   #194
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did hear a rumour that Danny Ricc was trying to get into endurance racing but his team were asking, ludicrous, almost pathetic money so it did not happen or he would have been there.

Gets what he deserves in my eyes, back in the brat pack of petulant boys where he belongs.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4170804)   #195
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, so a driver wants more than he was likely getting at his existing position and he should take a pay cut to what? Make a sportscar fan happy? Seems more like the petulance is in a different field
Old 2 Aug 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4171055)   #196
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Frijns confirmed at BMW. Not a surprise but good to see - https://twitter.com/BMWMotorsport/st...23181510262785
Old 2 Aug 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4171079)   #197
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not at all given that he's stuck with WRT after Audi Sport was forced by corporate to shelve (and basically kill) the LM program.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 22:57 (Ref:4172027)   #198
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
There's some movement of drivers from RLL to WRT for next season, according to sportscar365.com...
Old 11 Aug 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4172152)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Uh, it says there could be and the lineups are being discussed. Likely means splitting them for race experience in the cars for both series

"While having tested upwards of a dozen drivers so far in European testing, Roos admitted that lineups for both series in 2024 have not yet been locked down and that utilizing the experience of a current WeatherTech Championship driver or two could be beneficial for the upstart WEC squad."

Directly from the article, https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ercar-program/
Old 14 Aug 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4172666)   #200
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I know it's not an announcement but
It seems that Lamborghini/Iron Lynx have already the six drivers they'll need, the two last names have been already decided and are signed but will be revealed at the end of the season. Andrea Caldarelli, Mirko Bortolotti, Daniil Kvyat (name not ending with a "i" but having lived in Roma) and Romain Grosjean (French/Swiss?). Giorgio Sanna says he appreciates GT drivers and others having experience on the hybrid powertrain and F1 methodology of work. Raffaele Marciello seems to meet at least some of those requirements.