Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Oct 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4182607)   #1551
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Could you fit in it? Srsly.

I'm looking for one, too. Should be my right of passage, at this point.
Only one way to find out but my dad used to drive the Spridget often. And yes, I'd rather have a big Healey but no garage and not making that kinda money. So it's a B or really **** off Mom and make it a Triumph. She HATED Dad's Spitfire even more than the Karmen Ghia and she was thrown out of the VW. The door latch failed on a corner and out she went, lucky Ghia so they were cornering at about 4 mph
Old 23 Oct 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4182619)   #1552
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Scary story! Reminds me another one about suicide doors.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4182740)   #1553
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/2449...iddle-car-60s/

Article in the SUN newspaper , 23rd and 24th Oct .
Photo in London street of car that nobody has been able to identify for 60 years ?
Looks a bit like a Zagato something to me , but surely someone must know what it is .
Old 24 Oct 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4182769)   #1554
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been confirmed multiple times as the demo version of a Sunbeam. There are multiple 3D images of the car that match it
Old 24 Oct 2023, 12:50 (Ref:4182776)   #1555
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's been confirmed multiple times as the demo version of a Sunbeam. There are multiple 3D images of the car that match it
Yes , I saw the Sunbeam Alpine proto pictures , and the back end looks right . But the front looks very different .
Old 24 Oct 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4182780)   #1556
Tel 911S
Veteran

You are right . Found picture with front of car which looks right , but it is a concept car which never went into production .

Top link does not seem to work , try this one .
https://www.facebook.com/TigerTS4/po...4043795037701/

But there is some doubt that it was a actual Alpine .

Last edited by Tel 911S; 24 Oct 2023 at 13:24.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 13:27 (Ref:4182786)   #1557
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This really surprises me as the photo has been doing the rounds for quite some time now as the article suggests. In fact it popped up earlier this year again, maybe a couple of months ago, but I can't remember where I saw it then.

What surprises me is that, if as you suggest, it is a prototype for the Sunbeam Alpine, then there must surely be someone around from the old Rootes' days that would have been able to identify it. I mean I can remember this version of the Alpine, and I would have thought that Chrysler would have kept all the preparation paperwork, drawings, etc. when they took over Rootes.

By the way, I'm not disagreeing that the Alpine was based on it, just that this query keeps on being brought up time and again. And that link does query whether it was an Alpine, and that picture shows a rendering done by Pistonheads.
Old 24 Oct 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4182788)   #1558
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
An older article I saw quoted someone in the Alpine shop that it was but not anything they were going to make, it was more what would be called in the US now a SEMA car with guys working on it and playing around. Supposedly was not at all badged but can't find the article now, it made the rounds on FB a few months back with a things from the past group
Old 24 Oct 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4182808)   #1559
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Car wash in Buckhead Atlanta (think Mayfair but not quite as posh for the English) needs this sign I guess

Usually some good cars there or the strip next to it
Old 24 Oct 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4182812)   #1560
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be they don't want to bother with too low cars, wings or weird opening doors. Should advert for wingless cars like… Peugeot's!
Old 26 Oct 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4183128)   #1561
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Toured a new arena being built in town. Saw some stuff. There was a cute little crane and a 300 ton crane
Old 27 Oct 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4183239)   #1562
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be they don't want to bother with too low cars, wings or weird opening doors. Should advert for wingless cars like… Peugeot's!
It's the people inside those cars. They don't tip. People that drive normal cars do.
Old 27 Oct 2023, 21:06 (Ref:4183247)   #1563
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha yes? Couldn't imagine that. Almost the contrary here, rich do tip valet parking because they think this will avoid dents on the doors and damaged rims. They should read the disclaimer the valet is responsible for nothing at all! Not even having a go with an Aston or McLaren!
Old 27 Oct 2023, 21:34 (Ref:4183252)   #1564
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wing!

First post of a crane with a wing wins.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 00:11 (Ref:4183259)   #1565
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ha yes? Couldn't imagine that. Almost the contrary here, rich do tip valet parking because they think this will avoid dents on the doors and damaged rims. They should read the disclaimer the valet is responsible for nothing at all! Not even having a go with an Aston or McLaren!
It's the dichotomy between new money and old money that I think exist everywhere. We've had another huge influx of people from different regions since the pandemic. The sign says "new customers" which is a very polite way of saying "go home yankees".

broadrun maybe didn't notice because he's one of them. But he's nice and even bigger than you, so he can stay. A few more visits and Adam will be one of us too.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 00:13 (Ref:4183260)   #1566
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Wing!

First post of a crane with a wing wins.
I think the mail truck is going to take the air off of it. He better be careful making that right.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 03:08 (Ref:4183268)   #1567
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It's the dichotomy between new money and old money that I think exist everywhere. We've had another huge influx of people from different regions since the pandemic. The sign says "new customers" which is a very polite way of saying "go home yankees".

broadrun maybe didn't notice because he's one of them. But he's nice and even bigger than you, so he can stay. A few more visits and Adam will be one of us too.
It's Buckhead, everyone is a carpetbagger, the few natives are scallywags. If you're up on your late 1880s American slang
Old 28 Oct 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4183279)   #1568
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
broadrun maybe didn't notice because he's one of them. But he's nice and even bigger than you, so he can stay.
Thank you for the invite! Widely accepted. And broadrun is almost French now in a certain way. So, cheers!
Old 28 Oct 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4183307)   #1569
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thank you for the invite! Widely accepted. And broadrun is almost French now in a certain way. So, cheers!
Well if it was an animal she you make a terrine I'm in, buckwheat galettes are great but you bring it back to the thread, French cars are terrible and a proper sized vehicle can't be found.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4183331)   #1570
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
French cars are terrible and a proper sized vehicle can't be found.
Fully agreed! It took ages to Renault and Peugeot to understand why their cars did not sell very well in Germany. Only lately, they fitted the front seats with longer rails to accomodate to any "normal" person and find acceptable ergonomics. They are thick!
Old 28 Oct 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4183337)   #1571
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fully agreed! It took ages to Renault and Peugeot to understand why their cars did not sell very well in Germany. Only lately, they fitted the front seats with longer rails to accomodate to any "normal" person and find acceptable ergonomics. They are thick!

Whoa there, Gérard! You might find yourself persona non grata in your own country!
Old 28 Oct 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4183344)   #1572
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I've been already, Mike! Eventually I was working for some media and created my own radio show, two hours live every Sunday morning. For a start I was criticised, vehemently attacked and even physically threatened. Because the audience was large and that I proved to be honest and unbiased after few months all went well. All? Not really… The responsibles of one brand went on argueing that all my work was useless if not totally biased. Peugeot.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 01:51 (Ref:4183442)   #1573
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Re: French cars - while the Renault 5/ "Le Car" is the absolutely the worst vehicle I've ever seen or been around, I've never seen a 205 GTi, which might be the perfect car.

Also, I have a neighbor that daily drives a Pug 505 and it looks so good in comparison to the rest of the traffic. He does struggle on cold mornings, but worth it imo.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 02:20 (Ref:4183457)   #1574
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Re: French cars - while the Renault 5/ "Le Car" is the absolutely the worst vehicle I've ever seen or been around, I've never seen a 205 GTi, which might be the perfect car.

Also, I have a neighbor that daily drives a Pug 505 and it looks so good in comparison to the rest of the traffic. He does struggle on cold mornings, but worth it imo.
Its a good competition, the final 5 here had 50hp maybe. But a Citation was a bad car and 6 months after you bought it too and my Grandmother's Duster was BAD. But both bigger than a 5 so at least you had help to push it later. And then everyone's favorite Yugo is there too.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4183528)   #1575
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
JH, is your neighbour 505 a fuel turbocharged one? A wagon? https://www.carjager.com/blog/articl...sparition.html

May be Dacias can be rated as bad but they go for cheapo. Taking in count that a Renault is bad and Dacia is a cheap Renault, nothing wrong then!
How good are you dealer networks? The average annual milage is 13K miles in your area and more likely half of this in France plus Mister John/Dupont here is very reluctant to maintain his car in good condition. Gridy and poor DYer.