Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 13 Jun 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1633435)   #51
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alec - Thanks for the update. You have confirmed what many of us feared when we first heard of Nigels plight. He will be missed by his many friends out on the bank.

Alan
Old 13 Jun 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1633598)   #52
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen, you've said it all. What terrible news. Scotty really is a "one off" and his like will be hard to replace. Aint life a *****?
Old 16 Jun 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1635573)   #53
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had resisted responding so far as i could add nothing that anyone else hadn't already put. Nigel was mine and Dee's first ever observer and a fantastic one that. Dee and I will sorely miss him from a post we have been on with him so so many times.
Such an unfair world.

I hope he is as well cared for as can be possible.

Dan and Dee
Old 16 Jun 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1635907)   #54
bhscribe
Rookie

England
West Malling
bhscribe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sad outcome

Will ensure news is sensitively relayed (as per Alec's note) in the next BRN - not covered in June issue as I was out of country and unable to get update.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1641668)   #55
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
Alec Knyvett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UPDATE.
Rather than report every time we see Nigel I thought it best to do it once in a while when there is something to say. Chris and I go and see him twice a week and if possible at the weekends as well. Although Nigels long term progress is as my last update I have to say he has been looking a lot brighter and more responsive. We have on a few occassions managed to have some small communication between us. Thumbs up is yes, flat hand is unsure, and thubs down is no. This unfortunately does not work all the time, but this could be his hearing (he is deaf in one ear - and I always forget which one). He has been opening his left eye far more than before and will now follow movemnet around his room, although his head movements are very limited and he does get tired very quickly. For those that are interested he is in Purley 2 Ward of May Day Hospital and the visiting hours are 11:00 - 13:30 and then 15:00 - 20:00. He is allowed two visitors at a time.
I will be at the DTM's this weekend and then locked away in Hill Control the following weekend for the Goodwood FOS.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1641694)   #56
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Alec, I've been away for the last 2 weeks in France, so these updates on Nigel have come as news to me.
Sad news that his long term prognosis is for minimal improvement, but I'm heartened to hear that he can be responsive. Lets keep hoping for more small improvements.

D'ye think there's anway he could be well enough to get out on day release to his old stomping grounds (no, not the sheep pens), or is it a case of full time nursing care required/against his/his families wishes?

Al
Old 27 Jun 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1642345)   #57
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
At the moment it is full time nursing care, but I would hope that in the future to see Nigel at Brands. Unfortunately he will only be able to worry sheep from a wheel chair ! !
Old 29 Jun 2006, 05:21 (Ref:1643887)   #58
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Knyvett
At the moment it is full time nursing care, but I would hope that in the future to see Nigel at Brands. Unfortunately he will only be able to worry sheep from a wheel chair ! !
Well, anything is possible ...............................!

Steve
Old 4 Jul 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1647989)   #59
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE.
We saw the old boy last night and the good news is that he has had the tracheotomy removed and is now receiving oxygen via a mask. He thinks he is the pilot of a Lancaster !! We managed bursts of conversation with him as he is still getting tired very easily but we try to keep him informed of what you lot are upto and how the DTM's went, that's when we noticed he had fallen asleep.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1648160)   #60
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Yeah DTMs have that effect on me too..... Tell him we were asking after him!
Old 4 Jul 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1648327)   #61
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Tell him we were asking after him!
Absolutely - thinking about him all the time.
Thanks for the updates Alec - please keep them going - want to make sure he knows we're not going to forget about the old g*t!
Old 4 Jul 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1648445)   #62
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does does something like this always hit the real decent types whilst the scum of the earth seem to get away with it? It will be never be the same not getting a whiff of his garlic and liver sausage sarnies again or one of his many sweets on the post. Its strange when someone mans a post like Nigel for at least 15 years or so and when they no longer man it you still think that they may come back at some point. Perhaps a little plaque with something like "Scottys Sweet Store" or something should be placed there. Anyway, lets hope that Nige' gives it his best and makes constant progress-all the very best mate.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1666498)   #63
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
UPDATE
Since my last update earlier this month Nigel had been making steady progress with his speech and is now being fed by mouth, although all his food is pureed. He has been moved from his own room onto a ward where at least he can see and hear what is going on around him and I think this has certainly helped with his mental state. On Wednesday he was moved again, but into a recovery ward called Heathfield 1. During our last two visits we have noticed that Nigels speech is not as strong as it was a week ago. It's very quiet and he seems to have trouble in forming words to the point that you cannot understand him. If anyone is thinking of going to visit him, and his family have said they would welcome all visitors as has Nigel, please remember you are not gong to have a conversation with him. In half an hour you might get a couple of words in reply to your questions. He is still a very sick fellow.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1667634)   #64
gpracing27
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
gpracing27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alec,

Please pass on my best to Nigel, Mildred has been letting me know how things were going up til now.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1673467)   #65
Alec Knyvett
Rookie

England
Nigel David Scott 1954 - 2006

It is my sad task to inform you all that, my mate, Nigel passed away a little after 8pm this evening.

As soon as I know the familys wishes and arrangements I will let you all know.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1673483)   #66
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
very sad news indeed. rest in peace nigel. im praying for you and your family

adam
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1673507)   #67
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Alec, I am truly sorry to hear this news and I sincerely hope that you and Christine are coping. Nigel will be missed by all of us and I hope his Mum and Dad are able to cope with their grief and loss. I will call you over the weekend.

From all of us at the BMMC and Ten-Tenths, our thoughts are with Nigels parents.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1673552)   #68
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news. RIP Nigel.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1673570)   #69
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats absolutely terrible, devastating news.

Stunned.

We'll miss you Scotty.

Thoughts of course with all family and friends.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 03:11 (Ref:1673687)   #70
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never met Nigel but it is still a great shock and loss for the marshalling family
Old 5 Aug 2006, 04:33 (Ref:1673701)   #71
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are few great characters in our World, and now there is one less! May I just pass onto to Nigel's relatives and friends condolences on behalf of the Members of the SE Region, BMMC. Truly, Nigel will be missed from the "Bank".
Old 5 Aug 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1673777)   #72
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great shame, I liked Nigel a lot.
He'll be watching over us, no doubt about that.
RIP Nigel.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1673901)   #73
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Scotty - One of the good guys of motorsport. Sad news indeed.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1674235)   #74
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I echo everything that has been said already. An all round great chap who will be missed by all those that had the pleasure of knowing him. My thoughts are with his family at this sad sad time. RIP Scotty

Alan
Old 5 Aug 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1674366)   #75
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Met him just the once..........but he left an impression!!!
Goodnight Nigel, sleep tight.