Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2007, 07:58 (Ref:1934735)   #26
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Since all of the racing equipment is in Australia, does anything that happens at the NZ HQ, presuming it did happen of course, make any difference?
Well they are based in NZ, money comes from NZ. Draw your own conclusion.

If in fact this happened.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1934820)   #27
Morris Minor
Rookie

Morris Minor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
, Clare Ponton of Ford NZ has come out on the radio saying they will support TKR and help with mediation - why would they do that if they thought TKR was in the wrong, and why are the sponsors all sticking around (after all one news said they had phoned around and no sponsors were planning on pulling out).

Anyone heard from Ford NZ recently?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:25 (Ref:1935153)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think they Prodigy thing is most likely, but this definatly is the week that decides TKR's future.

in M eNews it sayid they have thought of Haliday and Reid but who ever itwas said in M eNews that Haliday and Reid would want top line equipment under them, so the only thing that resembles top line is the FPR car, or are they saying that they are virtually no chance as a top-line drive.

or maybe option 4 - TKR could switch back to Holden (might be hard with the Ford contract and could create more financial woes), merge with the alternate Team Kiwi Tasman and they can go after Holden NZ money and claim them selves as a Kiwi super team.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1935418)   #29
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
Lets just say that this week is the future of TKR, I have heard that equipment was removed from the HQ for matters which we can't talk about

Not sure on your last point there, if they fail to show again they risk the loss of the liscence I think.
If by removed you mean taking the newly arrived Supercar that is to be used for Hotlaps and the promo cars which have all gone to Field Days to take pride of place in the centre of the Ford and Makita stands, then yeah, they where removed! By staff! Because the sponsors are still 100% behind the team!
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1935545)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The powder room is deafeningly silent on movements in this area... the popular opinion from there seems to be that we wont see TKR in Darwin, given that it is Wednesday today, and there are 4 days left until the truck leaves for Darwin in the early hours of Monday morning.

AA reports that the Prodigy mob have not begun a conversion of their car to BF specification too...

... which has me thinking that it will either be a rush job over the weekend (but TKR had better hurry up..) or they will be enjoying Darwin from the comfort of their loungerooms in Auckland.....

There have been no releases or news stories around this for a few days too... which tells us something (what I am not too sure..)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2007, 02:20 (Ref:1935617)   #31
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
every day it looks like it gets a little more like TKR will be missing, and every day gets tighter and tighter for schedule.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 07:06 (Ref:1935686)   #32
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike
If by removed you mean taking the newly arrived Supercar that is to be used for Hotlaps and the promo cars which have all gone to Field Days to take pride of place in the centre of the Ford and Makita stands, then yeah, they where removed! By staff! Because the sponsors are still 100% behind the team!
Nope, I didn't mention they were a sponser. Nice try though.

Pride of place, sort of like a funeral.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 09:31 (Ref:1935758)   #33
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
So DJJ you trying to tell us you work for Mercury Energy and your coming around tomorrow to cut of the power at TKR?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 10:25 (Ref:1935797)   #34
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ummmm, no one there is on life support.

I am waiting for an announcement of who is prepping/running a car for TKR at Darwin.

My fingers and toes are all going overtime to do the maths....surely time is running out
Old 13 Jun 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1935801)   #35
Johnnyp
Rookie

Johnnyp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would seem that the situation over in NZ is rather interesting. The truth to the situation seems to be that Team Kiwi Racing is in a tail spin.

Over here in Adelaide - David John's home town, nonetheless - the talk on the street is there to remind us that he isn't the straightest of shooters. Bradley and Kimbo were in a meeting somewhere in Australia once upon a story with David John, when a sequence of events involved David John being removed from the meeting by Police.

It is widely known that whilst the chequered past may bear releveance in some situations, when it comes to David John, it would seem that the "Kiwi-faking" Australian has run his last race. With New Zealand's beloved V8 Supercar team in a seemingly vile tail-spin, David John is struggling to keep his mittens on the Control Stick. With such a scenario creating itself, it seems that the end is near, not for Team Kiwi Racing, but rather it's illustrious "encumbent" owner, it nows seems that the time has come to bail and save face, dignity, and humility.

Team Kiwi Racing, with it's almost 100% owner, Bernie Gillon - as featured on a link on this very forum, is seemingly poised to resurrect the team from it's ashes into something substantial, viable, and most importantly for the Kiwi fan base - sustainable.

With Team Kiwi Racing seemingly owing money all over Town (Town = a broad spectrum region know as New Zealand and Australia) to entities from FPR for their pit equipment, to Ford Credit, to various people on both sides of the Tasman for various pieces equipment, the days seem numbered.

What will be interesting is to see if the sponsors that are there now stick with the TKR brand - the hope is that they surely do - and as such, the team will flourish with a fresh injection of management, direction, and motivation. My $10 says that TEGA will not receive their $150,000 in non-appearance fines, nor that TKR will be in Darwin, which is 2 weeks from now.

The benefit is that V8 Supercars want TKR to stay and will provide some, albeit very limited, timeframes to ensure that they do stay. Right now is an interesting phase in theTKR future, and the sponsors seem to be managing to maintain their loyalty in the most trying of circumstances - no more FPR and no more Paul Radisich. Oh dear!!

To paraphrase Kenny Rogers, the best that you can you hope for is to die in your sleep....and then goes on to say that you've gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and then do what TKR's encumbent should know what to do, and know when to run.
Of course, if you are sitting at the table counting you're "money", then the dealing is done!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1935886)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by newswire.co.nz

Sponsors Stand Firm Behind Team Kiwi Racing
6:34 pm, 13 Jun 2007

The key sponsors of Team Kiwi Racing have today unanimously spoken up in support of Team Kiwi Racing.

They will remain fully committed to their financial support and their backing of team owner David John.

Long standing sponsor Guy Williams, General Manager for Makita NZ said:

“If it wasn’t for David John, Makita would not be involved in motorsport. We have been a backer of TKR since they started in 2000 and I appreciate the openness, the direct involvement and the interaction that David provides all TKR sponsors in the decision making process”.

A joint statement from various TKR sponsors was also issued:

“As individual sponsors we join as a team and stand firmly behind TKR. We believe in the team and pledge our on-going support, “ said spokesman for the other sponsors Ross McCarthy.

Mr John said he was humbled and buoyed by the support and the team goes about their plan to have their All Black Ford back on the start line for the next round of the V8 Supercar Championship in Darwin.

http://www.newswire.co.nz/main/views...77709&catid=17
Doesnt sound like the sponsors have deserted TKR
Old 13 Jun 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1935896)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo xtra sport NZPA

Team Kiwi Racing's fine still under wraps
13/06/2007 NZPA

Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) owner David John expects to hear in the next couple of days how much his team will be fined for missing last weekend's round of the Australian V8 Supercar series.

After engineering partners Ford Performance Racing terminated their contract with TKR last week, and placing the team car in storage, John unsuccessfully tried to get an alternate car on to the startline at Eastern Creek near Sydney.

FPR ended the contract, saying they were owed thousands of dollars, a claim John strongly denies.

Driver Paul Radisich also dealt TKR a blow by walking out on the team in the wake of FPR's action.

Under the series rules, teams face a maximum fine of $A150,000 ($NZ170,415) for missing a round of the series.

On Sunday, John met the board of the Touring Cars Entrants Group of Australia (Tega), the controlling body of the series, to argue for a reduced fine because of extenuating circumstances.

"They looked at it, they asked me a few questions and will obviously make their ruling on it later this week," John told NZPA today.

John felt he had received a sympathetic hearing.

"They understand the situation we have been put in and they want us to be part of the championship, they want TKR out there (and) it's a matter of them going through their processes and making a decision.

"The Tega board have a job to do and we accept whatever the decision."

http://yahooxtra.net.nz/sport/0,,14594-7481138,00.html
No news is good news?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1935979)   #38
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
no news is good news until a certain point, and that point ain't looking good for TKR.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1936064)   #39
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of things:

1. "they wont return my calls" isn't good enough when the life of the team is on the line. I'd be on the next plane to meet face to face to sort it out. The exhortations using the media as a proxy fall short.
2. If TKR is really in the right in terms of meeting it's financial obligations they should have forced an injunction against FPR to allow them to compete the past weekend. The fact that they did otherwise is telling.
3. If it was not over finances, then why did FPR sever ties to TKR?
4. Still no movement on preparing a car.
5. Who is going to want to drive an old hack sawed BA? That isn't anything but a step backwards.

The only option I can see is to sell the team so it can have a fresh start.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 20:46 (Ref:1936292)   #40
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyp
It would seem that the situation over in NZ is rather interesting. The truth to the situation seems to be that Team Kiwi Racing is in a tail spin.

What will be interesting is to see if the sponsors that are there now stick with the TKR brand - the hope is that they surely do - and as such, the team will flourish with a fresh injection of management, direction, and motivation. My $10 says that TEGA will not receive their $150,000 in non-appearance fines, nor that TKR will be in Darwin, which is 2 weeks from now.

Johnnyp...........I think you will find that TEEGA have allready made a decision not to fine TKR........So no fine to pay..........So PM me and I will advise were to send the A$10 Buck's..........When it is official!!

TKR might also be exused Darwin if they can convince TEEGA they will be able to run a competitive car and driver at Queensland............Think Jason Brights, leased BOAC car..........Driver Johny Reid.........Car run by Britek as a Customer car............Provides income for both Britek and BOAC.

Old 13 Jun 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1936302)   #41
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think tega does themselves any good by fining tkr $150,000, it just makes the situation worse.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1936306)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
TKR might also be exused Darwin if they can convince TEEGA they will be able to run a competitive car and driver at Queensland............Think Jason Brights, leased BOAC car..........Driver Johny Reid.........Car run by Britek as a Customer car............Provides income for both Britek and BOAC..
Given Britek's second car was 3 and a bit seconds off the pace in qualifying at Eastern Creek, how slow will their number three car be?
Old 13 Jun 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1936371)   #43
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Given Britek's second car was 3 and a bit seconds off the pace in qualifying at Eastern Creek, how slow will their number three car be?

Fair point GTR..........But Jason is doing OK in that car, so it might fly with TEEGA............Who know's what is going to happen in the next few day's?

Its also possible that Mr John will be able to complete the purchase of the FPR car.......Settle any outstanding's...........If of course there are any...........And find a team to run that car!

Big call...........Given that FPR are highly unlikely to want to supply either engines or intellectual help!!!!!!!

Last edited by V8's rule; 13 Jun 2007 at 22:02.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 03:43 (Ref:1936530)   #44
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
if they are to prepare a car starting now that isn't BF spec already it will be a bit of a giant task like EC would have been almost same time frame.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 04:21 (Ref:1936544)   #45
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
Think Jason Brights, leased BOAC car...Car run by Britek as a Customer car...Provides income for both Britek and BOAC.
what's the current relationship between Britek and FPR? If there is ANY relationship I would highly doubt a seperate relationship between Britek and TKR will be looked upon favourably be FPR, and possibly damage the FPR/Britek relationship.

The Chassis however could be leased by TKR from BOC as Britek has done once Britek has returned it, but I believe Britek are still using the chassis for Darwin aren't they?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 04:42 (Ref:1936547)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZPA

No fine for Team Kiwi Racing
NZPA | Thursday, 14 June 2007

Australian V8 Supercar motor racing series officials have decided not to fine Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) for not putting a car on the grid at last weekend's Eastern Creek round.

The board of the Touring Cars Entrants Group of Australia (Tega), the controlling body of the series, has also told TKR principal David John that the team have been given further dispensation to not attend the next round in Darwin.

Under the rules, the organisers can withdraw the license of a team that misses a second round of the series.

A relieved John told NZPA today that he was told of the decisions by Tega general manager Kelvin O'Reilly by telephone this morning.

John said Tega had taken into account the extraordinary circumstances surrounding TKR's absence.

After engineering partners Ford Performance Racing terminated their contract with TKR last week, and put the team's car in storage, John had unsuccessfully tried to get an alternate car on to the startline at Eastern Creek, near Sydney.

FPR ended the contract, saying they were owed thousands of dollars, a claim John strongly denies.

Driver Paul Radisich also dealt TKR a blow by walking out on the team in the wake of FPR's action.

John met Tega board members last Sunday to argue for a reduced fine because of extenuating circumstances.

"We are really relieved that we are not going to be fined the $A150,000 and (to know) that there are people prepared to work through the current situation rather than slam the book on us," John said.

Tega obviously saw TKR as being important to their series and wanted to work with them to get a competitive car back on the track as soon as possible, he added.

"They obviously know we tried everything we could to get a car on the track, so it was not a matter of not wanting to be there, but a matter of us turning up with a competitive package."

That was the reason behind Tega also suggesting it was "not in anyone's best interests to push us on to the track at Darwin (next week)".

"... and we won't lose our license - the reason is to make sure we come out firing on all eight cylinders ... instead (fielding) an uncompetitive package just for the sake of us being out there."

There was no time to celebrate today's news.

"There's still so much else to cover ... we obviously now need to rebuild our brand and keep moving forward as we rebuild and restructure.

"As the dust settles, the truth is starting to prevail," John said.

The wrangle with FPR was now in the hands of solicitors.

Meanwhile, Jones is negotiating to set up another engineering partnership which he said could be announced next week.

"We have a very exciting future, a great combination with three top drivers that we have the opportunity to have involved - things are looking up for TKR."

TKR aimed to be back racing for the seventh round in Ipswich, Queensland, on July 20-22.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4095212a1823.html
Interesting.......
Old 14 Jun 2007, 06:03 (Ref:1936573)   #47
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
what's the current relationship between Britek and FPR? If there is ANY relationship I would highly doubt a seperate relationship between Britek and TKR will be looked upon favourably be FPR, and possibly damage the FPR/Britek relationship.

The Chassis however could be leased by TKR from BOC as Britek has done once Britek has returned it, but I believe Britek are still using the chassis for Darwin aren't they?
but Britek are using the running gear out of the real #25 in the borowed chassis so if TKR were to use it as well they would only get delivered a shell, where they would get the running gear from i don't know.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 06:17 (Ref:1936582)   #48
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Team Kiwi Racing, with it's almost 100% owner, Bernie Gillon - as featured on a link on this very forum, is seemingly poised to resurrect the team from it's ashes into something substantial, viable, and most importantly for the Kiwi fan base - sustainable
Finally someone posts up whats really happening.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 07:04 (Ref:1936613)   #49
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Some relief for TKR
Source tvnz.co.nz

Jun 14, 2007

Team Kiwi Racing have been freed from paying a $150,000 fine for not taking part in last week's Eastern Creek round of the V8 Supercar championship.
The Touring Car Entrants Group (TEGA) has waived the fee a team is supposed to pay if they miss a round as they are a level two entrant.
Team Kiwi owner David John says he spoke with TEGA to put his case forward as to why they shouldn't have to pay the fine.
He says TEGA looked at all of the information he supplied and applied commonsense to come to the decision to not enforce the fine.
TKR have chosen not to race in the next round in Darwin in less than a fortnight.

"We said 'hey lets take the time to get a great package back out there for Team Kiwi Racing rather than racing against time and putting a second tier package back on the track'," said John.

To make that happen TKR has secured a car to race as the dispute with Ford Performance Racing continues.

"Obviously we haven't come to any conclusions yet and that'll go on for another couple of weeks I'm sure," John told ONE News.
And with Paul Radisich gone, TKR is now evaluating potential drivers.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1182529
There was also a article just on the TVNZ One news which I will post a link for when it's up.

Good News. The future is looking up for TKR
Old 14 Jun 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1936614)   #50
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
Finally someone posts up whats really happening.
Considering DJ is drip feeding his money back to him.

The fact that DJ has said no money problems, his accountant also lol.

Seems a far twist of giving up and admitting the financial trouble. Giving up everything TKR, stop the bull****ing that goes on from the owner.

We know Mr Gillon does not want anything to do with DJ.