Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Dec 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3174148)   #101
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Im not convinced he'll be back for a fulltime gig next year but hope he gets a prime enduro seat. Just give him a car thats not a pile of **** and we might actually see the Murph of old.
Lowndes and Murphy in 888?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3174150)   #102
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Lowndes and Murphy in 888?
I'd love to see that happen but if the bad blood between them from the HRT days is still lingering then thats what I'd be dealing with before that happens.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3174267)   #103
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems some blokes take the Gridgirls thread a bit too seriously...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 2 Dec 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3174290)   #104
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Vodafone accused of race fixing.

HERE
Old 2 Dec 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3174297)   #105
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Arent they all fixed?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3174299)   #106
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mildly amusing given #55 is "strategised" out of the way if its in front of either #5 or #6.

Fair play though, there's no radio communications or instructions, its probably just written into Davey's contract!

I haven't watched all of the second race yet, but how bad were Moffat and D'Alberto?

Murph cracking the ****s about mechanical failures was telling, giving a dejected apology to a sponsor like Pepsi must have hurt.

Last edited by Mixer; 2 Dec 2012 at 21:34.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3174312)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Team Vodafone accused of race fixing.

HERE
It seems logical that T8 would do what they did

But if the rule is there why wasnt it penalised.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3174315)   #108
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't FPR do a similar thing at Winton? Wasn't in the pits but still Davo moved over for Frosty.

That said, I don't think it would have made any difference to the championship standings anyway....
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3174319)   #109
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Didn't FPR do a similar thing at Winton? Wasn't in the pits but still Davo moved over for Frosty.

That said, I don't think it would have made any difference to the championship standings anyway....
At Winton it was also about the strategy they were on and the tyres. so different, there is no evidence to support it being about improving the championship position.

Take 150 points of lowndes (the penalty for what they did) and it will affect the championship standing. The actual move in the race would ahve made things a lot closer. but FPR seemed to stuff things up a bit on the weekend including not lodging an appeal in the required time
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3174322)   #110
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought everyone wanted more passing

Honestly, team orders should be up to the team. As long as it doesn't directly affect another car, i.e blocking or punting someone off, who cares?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3174327)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I thought everyone wanted more passing

Honestly, team orders should be up to the team. As long as it doesn't directly affect another car, i.e blocking or punting someone off, who cares?
The people who added the rule obviusly consider it important.

The people who are betting on the race would consider it important.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3174328)   #112
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gambling aside, and lets face it, why should we accomodate for that?

Can someone sit down with the lap charts and calculator and work out how much Mr Lowndes gained Vs how much Mr Whincup lost?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3174330)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Gambling aside, and lets face it, why should we accomodate for that?

Can someone sit down with the lap charts and calculator and work out how much Mr Lowndes gained Vs how much Mr Whincup lost?
you left out the rule. the rule is clear , it was not followed. why wasnt it followed?
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3174331)   #114
Umai Naa
Veteran

The rule can't be that important if it hasn't been enforced, especially on a few occasions in the recent past.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3174335)   #115
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The rule can't be that important if it hasn't been enforced, especially on a few occasions in the recent past.
sort of like the balclava rule then, but that suddenly ebcame important

the only other time when the championship fixing was obvius to us was in 2006, and its probably because of then that the rule has been introduced.

V8S owe us an explanation of why it wasnt enforced.

FPR need to brush up on their udnerstanding of the rules
Old 2 Dec 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3174338)   #116
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the only other time when the championship fixing was obvius to us was in 2006, and its probably because of then that the rule has been introduced.
I presume by "us" you mean people who wear tinfoil hats.

Frosty could have beaten Lowndes if he hadn't cocked up the strategy in race 1, and then after Lowndes penalty he got a reprieve, but then still ended up in the wall!

Personally I take issue with the fact that Lowndes wasn't given a PLP on the day, or none of this would have happened at all.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3174341)   #117
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The people who are betting on the race would consider it important.
I'm sorry, but if you're betting on something you know nothing about you deserve everything you get (or don't)...

Jamie was perfectly clear about his role at Sydney being to help Craig get second in the championship - anyone who gambled on the race and DIDN'T take that into account is a fool.

The same reason team orders are perfectly acceptable in F1 nowadays - anyone who bets on the race needs to consider that Felipe Massa will always be Number 2 at Ferrari before they place any bets.

If Tim Edwards is bleating (again) about some existing rule, it's ridiculous. The other reason no one cares about it in F1 is that everyone knew it was going on so, instead of treating the punters like morons and having teams make up "concerns over engine performance", or "fuel conservation issues" they let everyone be upfront and honest.

Last edited by mac; 2 Dec 2012 at 23:09.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3174346)   #118
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Frosty could have beaten Lowndes if he hadn't cocked up the strategy in race 1, and then after Lowndes penalty he got a reprieve, but then still ended up in the wall!

Personally I take issue with the fact that Lowndes wasn't given a PLP on the day, or none of this would have happened at all.
No by us, by every person who is a fan of the sport, I will leave the tinfoil hat wearing to those who weared coloured glasses or are in denial about the enforcing of clear rules

It really has nothing to do whether Frosty could have beaten lowndes, That is creating a strawman

what is important here is why wasnt the rules applied
and to a lesser extent why didnt FPR lodge a protest
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3174351)   #119
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I'm sorry, but if you're betting on something you know nothing about you deserve everything you get (or don't)...

Jamie was perfectly clear about his role at Sydney being to help Craig get second in the championship - anyone who gambled on the race and DIDN'T take that into account is a fool.

The same reason team orders are perfectly acceptable in F1 nowadays - anyone who bets on the race needs to consider that Felipe Massa will always be Number 2 at Ferrari before they place any bets.

If Tim Edwards is bleating (again) about some existing rule, it's ridiculous. The other reason no one cares about it in F1 is that everyone knew it was going on so, instead of treating the punters like morons and having teams make up "concerns over engine performance", or "fuel conservation issues" they let everyone be upfront and honest.
No you see thats where you are making incorrect assumptions. Jamie made it perfectly clear how he was going to break the rules. But everyone who bet should also be have an expectation that the rules would be enforced.

F1 is complete irrelevant to this situation as the rule is in the V8 rules and that is what we are talking about here
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3174355)   #120
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:

All of this, and particularly the last paragraph.

Post-race penalties are a bit of a joke. Either deal with it during the race, or let it go and cop flack from the punters.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3174361)   #121
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
All of this, and particularly the last paragraph.

Post-race penalties are a bit of a joke. Either deal with it during the race, or let it go and cop flack from the punters.
What i find funny is that i have been harping on about post race penalties all year. got no support from you at all. suddenly now you are al excited.

Lowndes got off lighly with his post race penalty. dropped him from the equivelent of first to 3rd and didnt have to use fuel to pass the cars in front.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3174364)   #122
Umai Naa
Veteran

You never asked me!
Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3174372)   #123
Mixer
Veteran

Just the fact that FPR are whining and crying over 2nd place tells the story of their season I think. They of all teams have used team orders more than anybody else so regardless of the rule, they should be the last to bring it up. Tim Edwards effectively says so in his comments.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3174376)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Just the fact that FPR are whining and crying over 2nd place tells the story of their season I think. They of all teams have used team orders more than anybody else so regardless of the rule, they should be the last to bring it up. Tim Edwards effectively says so in his comments.
maybe how you can tell us how FPR have used team orders more than anyone else.

and where did he say so in his comments

Nice red herring you have created.

but here is what tim said

Quote:
That has huge commercial implications because Mark gets a bonus for where he finishes in the championship and we have arrangements with our sponsors," Edwards said. "It impacts how much money we get and is very important
Old 3 Dec 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3174379)   #125
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Ford should "wake up" and realise that this is not a category they should be involved in.........it's simply not going to happen for them. They have spent millions and won zilch for the last two years..........they should withdraw from the category altogether, cut their losses and refuse a Ford body shape for the category (as Mazda did).