Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Oct 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2045599)   #26
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Let us remember Eddie Jordan traded on nationality.

I'm finding the current incarnation of this team quite interesting. I understand that as part of this deal there should be a significant increase in funding. Whether things have worked out this way or not I would not like to comment (I don't have the inside on the team's financial documents), but they are performing respectably enough for the back of the grid.

If the funding increase has occured, then perhaps they will survive. This is not a bad thing to my mind. Oh, and, of course, the team is going to get the lion's share of the redistributed funds from the excess in the prize fund.

So, well, whilst the name is hardly inspiring, it just may be part of a positive thing for the backmarker team. This is a good thing.

Last edited by Dutton; 20 Oct 2007 at 20:32.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2045618)   #27
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA has to approve all names, even then all other teams have to agree to a name change or the team has to re-register.

Problem was had when Walkinshaw wanted to rename 'Footwork' to TWR and they wouldn't let him, but they'd let him change it back to Arrows.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 21:07 (Ref:2045645)   #28
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't see any of the teams objecting.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 21:14 (Ref:2045650)   #29
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I don't see any of the teams objecting.
Why not?

This lot are - law of averages
Old 20 Oct 2007, 21:18 (Ref:2045655)   #30
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice name. Not
Old 20 Oct 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2045671)   #31
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's quite frankly a crap name and I hope it gets refused. Due to the investors they could have called it Molya Racing or something like that, which would sound much better - even Kingfisher Racing would. Or even just FORCE. Have the cars with some massive flame pattern.

It's a crap name and F1 doesn't have national teams, and it shouldn't start.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 22:03 (Ref:2045684)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You don't like it then?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2045685)   #33
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A billionaire is taking over a back of the grid team. That's good news.

And he can name the team whatever he likes - and the name he's chosen is perfectly logical.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2045690)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive
And he can name the team whatever he likes - and the name he's chosen is perfectly logical.
Sure. We're not discussing if he can or can not we're just expressing our opinion about his taste for names.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 22:27 (Ref:2045698)   #35
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive
A billionaire is taking over a back of the grid team. That's good news.

True that is good news but we don't want to bring the sport into disrepute with a name like Force India now do we

Perhaps we at TT could come up with some other names for suggestions to but forward to be considered.

Here is mine

Deli Force
Special Formula 1 Operational Detachment-New Deli
Old 21 Oct 2007, 00:00 (Ref:2045725)   #36
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
It's quite frankly a crap name and I hope it gets refused. Due to the investors they could have called it Molya Racing or something like that, which would sound much better - even Kingfisher Racing would. Or even just FORCE. Have the cars with some massive flame pattern.

Again: If they just had put "FORCE" as their team name, Carl Haas could protest to them because he entered his F1 team with the same name at mid-1980s.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 10:03 (Ref:2045961)   #37
maheedhurtz
Rookie

United Kingdom
SW London
maheedhurtz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so ya want the new Indian Tifosi .... The FiFi's ...... Hmmmm!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 10:14 (Ref:2045969)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Force India! Power up!

Stupid, stupid name but the funds are the important thing. If the team improves a decent amount it won't matter.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2045998)   #39
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Due to the investors they could have called it Molya Racing or something like that, which would sound much better - even Kingfisher Racing would. Or even just FORCE. Have the cars with some massive flame pattern
Whilst I don't like the name, I'm guessing commercial reasons have shaped it. As such Mallya Racing would be a bit pointless as it doesn't relate to the names of Vijay Mallya's companies. By naming it Kingfisher Racing, it may dissuade some sponsers, who don't want to be associated with a beer manufacturer or airline. As as already been said, Force has already been used.

Quote:
F1 has already had Scuderia Italia, so having a country's name in a title isn't a new idea as such. Going back much further, Jacques Swaters entered the 1951 Belgian Grand Prix under the Ecurie Belgique banner.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2045999)   #40
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by #15 tkm 4/
be better if it was called parcel force...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2046135)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
F1 has already had Scuderia Italia, so having a country's name in a title isn't a new idea as such. Going back much further, Jacques Swaters entered the 1951 Belgian Grand Prix under the Ecurie Belgique banner.
What about BAR - British American Racing...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:29 (Ref:2046136)   #42
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
What about BAR - British American Racing...
That was because it was owned by British American Suicide.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2046144)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not country related...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2046151)   #44
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordan-Midland-Spyker-FINDERS (sorry did I miss hear you) team crispy pancakes... what next... Jordan??? dont be silly!

In the staff car park at the team formerly known as Spyker - there are still a few Jordan Grand Prix signs..
Old 24 Oct 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2050405)   #45
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7060350.stm

FIFO it is then!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 17:38 (Ref:2050421)   #46
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose sports teams with ridiculous names can be successful - just look at the Anaheim Mighty Ducks!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 23:20 (Ref:2050737)   #47
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
use the force luke, use the force..!

are there any up and coming racing drivers called luke who could benefit from the force?

a rediculous name, then again so was midland...
Old 25 Oct 2007, 01:36 (Ref:2050782)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I hate this name change, but if it brings more fans then that is a positive thing of course...The name Spyker just rolls off the tongue, over the last four races I have taken a real interest in them..
Old 25 Oct 2007, 02:47 (Ref:2050795)   #49
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a big fan of the name, but hey, to paraphrase Sir Frank, 'It's his toyshop, he can call it what he likes.'

I was very surprised to learn the other teams have right of refusal on team names. I mean I understand if it's invasively close to their own name (MacLarin F1, Furr R.E.), but otherwise, what business is it of theirs? I know, it is, in a sense, very much their multibillion dollar business if some clown wanted to come in and call their team 'Hitler Racing' or 'Sodomites2Hell F1' or something, but surely the FIA and WMSC could deal to that incredibly unlikely scenario.

Under what grounds could or would the governing bodies object? Surely not because it sounded dorky. Or is the approval process just a rubberstamping bureaucratic formality?
Old 25 Oct 2007, 03:27 (Ref:2050809)   #50
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
[quote=GolddustMini]are there any up and coming racing drivers called luke who could benefit from the force?
quote]

Luke Youlden - Australia. V8 Supercars / Taxis, not bad in a taxi but not a F1 driver
Luke Searle - Australia. Production Touring Cars
Luke Hines - British. British Touring Car, Formula Ford
Luke Marinelli -Australia. Ford Anglia, I just dont think so
Luke Embling - British. Caterham Seven
Luke Ellery - Australia. Formula Ford
Luke Hines - British. FIA GT Championship, Aston Martin DBR9

Based on the above I think the Luke's mentioned maybe arn't a Force to linked to F1 (no disrespect to the Lukes intended)