Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4134404)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Some of these are bold. But be bold or go home. I do think predictions this year will be mostly a crapshoot given the new regulations and not having a clear picture coming out of testing as to where teams really are.

1. Max will repeat as world champion
2. Championship will primarily be a battle between Carlos and Max
3. Ferrari will win the constructors championship
4. Mercedes will struggle to make their car work and will not have the consistency to win either the driver or constructor championship
5. George will NOT win a race this season (I really hope I am wrong here)
6. Williams will score a point within the first four races
7. Mick will score his first F1 points this season
8. Kevin will finish the Haas inside the top ten at least once
9. Lando will outscore Daniel again
10. Yuki will be the new Kimi
11. I will continue to question if I am spelling “porpoising” correctly each time I type it no matter how many times I type that word this season.

Richard
1. Yes
2. No
3. No (lol)
4. Yes
5. No
6. Yes (3rd race)
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Others can judge
11. Always!

For my core 10, that was 6/10! Probably the best I have done in recent years. I didn't pick all obvious predictions, but they were also not extreme bets either.

Richard
Old 21 Nov 2022, 01:41 (Ref:4134409)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
1. Everyone at the sharp end will whine and complain
You absolutely nailed it with this prediction - really has been a very whiney year!
Old 21 Nov 2022, 06:52 (Ref:4134424)   #28
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Teretonga;4102529]

1. Mercedes will win at least three races. NO
2. Red Bull will take at least five victories. YES
3. Perez will win two races. YES
4. Russell will take his first win. YES
5. Norris will take his first win. NO
6. Haas will score at least two top five places. NO
7. Ferrari will win at least two races. YES
8. Aston Martin will take a podium. NO
9. Alpine will take two podiums. NO
10. Bottas will score at least ten points. YES
11. Current under body problems will be responsible for at least one major accident. NO
12. The WDC title will be decided before the final race. YES

So 50%
Old 21 Nov 2022, 07:10 (Ref:4134425)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One prediction for each team:

1. A Mercedes will not win a race in the first three events. YES
2. Zhou will outscore Bottas at the half-way point of the season. NO
3. AlphaTauri will finish with both cars in the top five at two races. NO
4. Alpine will take a 1-2 finish at a European race. NO
5. Aston Martin will record DNFs for both cars in four races. NO
6. Ferrari will be leading the WCC twice during the season, but not at the season end. NO
7. Haas will score points with both cars in the same race twice. YES
8. McLaren will win the British GP. NO
9. Red Bull will have a public argument between (at least) two of their senior members, and one of them will leave before the end of the season. NO (partial)
10. Williams will take two pole positions during the season, but no race wins. NO

And finally:

Hamilton will win the WDC. Mercedes will win the WCC. NO

2/10 - must try harder!!!
Old 21 Nov 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4134476)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
1. Lewis Hamilton will have won the WDC before the final GP.

Nope.

2. Hamilton will win more races than Verstappen

Nope. How wrong can you be!

3. Sainz will substantially outscore Leclerc, including at least one win.

Nope. Carlos really disappointed me this season.

4. Norris will score at least one GP win.

Nope. I still hope his time will come. Huge talent wasted at the moment.

5. Ricciardo will be substantially outscored by Norris and will leave McLaren by (or at) the end of the season.

Yep.

6. Russell will score at least 6 pole positions and will win at least 3 GPs.

Nope.

7. Alonso will podium twice.

Nope.

8. Mercedes will win the WCC again.

Nope.

9. Horner will lodge at least two protests against Mercedes.

I don't know, did he? Probably, I guess.

10. Verstappen will be disqualified from a GP.

Nope.

I forgot I'd done this..... (I probably shouldn't have bothered!)
Old 21 Nov 2022, 15:22 (Ref:4134481)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
1. Sainz to win the title
2. Alonso will win a race
3. Hamilton will finish the season with more points then Max
4. Norris will secure his first F1 win
5. Norris will outscore Danny
6. Hamilton will leave Merc to rejoin Mclaren
7. Gasly will replace Perez at RB
8. Vettel will outscore Stroll
9. Haas will continue to lead the sport in team mate collisions
10. the new rules will work.
1. nope
2. nope
3. nope
4. nope
5. YES!!!
6. nope
7. nope
8. YES!!!
9. not sure but dont think so so nope
10. actually think the new rules did work but overpowerful DRS zones and still a gap between the top and bottom teams so hard to quantify so will take a nope here as well.

2/10!
Old 3 Dec 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4135982)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Calvin Lo To Buy An F1 Team

Let’s see how well this ages
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Dec 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4136004)   #33
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Here goes nothing...

1. Sainz will be WDC.
2. Red Bull will be WCC.
3. Russell will win at least one race.
4. Stroll will win at least one race.
5. There will be at least 2 driver changes during the season.
6. Zhou will outscore Bottas in the 2nd half of the season.
7. Williams will finish last in WCC.
8. Latifi will finish ahead of Albon in WDC.
9. All teams will finish in the points.
10. It will be confirmed during the season that Andretti will join the F1 grid in 2024.
Bonus:
11. It will be announced during the last race weekend that Hamilton will retire, and his replacement will be Gasly.
1. No
2. Yes
3.Yes
4. Lolz no
5. Yes
6. No
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes
10. No
Bonus
11. No. One of the big-name world champions retired and was replaced by someone that was themselves replaced by Gasly ... so half a point?

I'll be generous and give myself the half point - 5.5 out of 11 - 50%
Old 4 Dec 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4136070)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
1) Merc and Ferrari will be winners this year
Well I wasn't wrong there!
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4136331)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
1. No
2. Yes
3.Yes
4. Lolz no
5. Yes
6. No
7. Yes
8. No
9. Yes
10. No
Bonus
11. No. One of the big-name world champions retired and was replaced by someone that was themselves replaced by Gasly ... so half a point?
Absolutely not! You have a point deducted for suggesting that Hamilton would be replaced by Gasly!! You need to lay off the wacky baccy before you do your predictions for 2023!