Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Sep 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4076186)   #51
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Norman Burgess has left Ciceley.

Team HARD have a driver announcement tomorrow.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 20:33 (Ref:4076190)   #52
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Rumours of Ash Sutton in a "British" RWD Car next year with a fast driver from the support series as his team mate ?
Dream team of Sutton & Cammish?
Old 28 Sep 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4076200)   #53
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Team HARD have a driver announcement tomorrow.
For 2022???
Old 28 Sep 2021, 22:44 (Ref:4076210)   #54
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
For 2022???
Yes.
And remember they already have Goff signed up for next year.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 05:13 (Ref:4076218)   #55
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The Bmr Jaguar rumours resurfacing?
How does a steel rollcage fit into an aluminium shell and retain the same stiffness as steel/steel ? Reckon that makes a Jag a non starter
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4076224)   #56
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
How does a steel rollcage fit into an aluminium shell and retain the same stiffness as steel/steel ?
Bonded with reinforcement plates.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:01 (Ref:4076225)   #57
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Yes.
And remember they already have Goff signed up for next year.
Multi year deal for ATS.

I don't get the appeal... the team's a disaster.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4076231)   #58
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Multi year deal for ATS.

I don’t get the appeal either it’s not like they’ve built the Cupras and have moved much up the grid
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:56 (Ref:4076232)   #59
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Multi year deal for ATS.

He's probably getting a really good deal as a development driver for them
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4076236)   #60
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Bonded with reinforcement plates.
The current generation cars are all a quantum step forward in overall stiffness. Never possible with bonding and riveting , plus it would have to be bolted aswell to be legal It would be great to see a Jag out there but didn't another team look at it before and binned it just because of the stiffness / weight issue ?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:48 (Ref:4076241)   #61
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The current generation cars are all a quantum step forward in overall stiffness. Never possible with bonding and riveting , plus it would have to be bolted aswell to be legal It would be great to see a Jag out there but didn't another team look at it before and binned it just because of the stiffness / weight issue ?
Yes, it was Excelr8's plan to use it before the Hyundai.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4076243)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Never possible with bonding and riveting , plus it would have to be bolted as well to be legal
I don't recall where it is defined that bolting is required?

FIA Art.253.8 states that only bonding is permitted 'For non steel bodyshells/chassis, any weld between the cage and the bodyshell/chassis is prohibited, only the bonding of the reinforcement plate on the bodyshell/chassis is permitted.'

Which regulation mandates a bolted ROPS?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4076245)   #63
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't recall where it is defined that bolting is required?

FIA Art.253.8 states that only bonding is permitted 'For non steel bodyshells/chassis, any weld between the cage and the bodyshell/chassis is prohibited, only the bonding of the reinforcement plate on the bodyshell/chassis is permitted.'

Which regulation mandates a bolted ROPS?

I don't know where or if bolting is mandated, but as far as I am aware, bolting is permitted as a form of belt and braces, no pun intended, as well as welding or bonding. Also permitted is the fitting of reinforcing plates beneath the body and/or the other side of the cockpit.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4076248)   #64
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How does a steel rollcage fit into an aluminium shell and retain the same stiffness as steel/steel ? Reckon that makes a Jag a non starter
Just the same way they are done in most GT cars these days.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4076249)   #65
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Multi year deal for ATS.

Yes, they're only there to make up the numbers, but if it's the difference between getting a seat in the BTCC and not getting a seat, there is the appeal. Plus Team HARD are slightly more successful in other series, so they can use working with their other drivers as a tool for generating a sweeter deal for certain drivers I would guess.

The Jack Goff thing was the clearest indicator of this. He'd lost his better seat elsewhere and was widely publicised claiming that he was resigned to not having a seat, then he got in at Team HARD last minute.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4076251)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Team HARD may just make up the numbers, but they've done well to still be in the series. And Goff has repaid Team HARD giving him a lifeline. Remember his win at Silverstone two years ago? Anyway it's also good ATS is back in the series, let's hope he can find some results
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4076255)   #67
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I don’t get the appeal either it’s not like they’ve built the Cupras and have moved much up the grid
You find a sponsor to pay £350k.

You pay the team £250k and bag yourself a £100k salary for a part-time weekend job.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4076257)   #68
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
Just the same way they are done in most GT cars these days.
Which in the main either Alloy or composite to get the same stiffness as a steel shell will be a fair old challenge
Old 29 Sep 2021, 10:00 (Ref:4076258)   #69
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, up to some point this season, Goff was doing really well in the Cupra, consistently in points and around Top 10. Don't really know what happened that he's now back to typical Team HARD 15th-20th (or lower).
Old 29 Sep 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4076259)   #70
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Actually, up to some point this season, Goff was doing really well in the Cupra, consistently in points and around Top 10. Don't really know what happened that he's now back to typical Team HARD 15th-20th (or lower).
Around the same time that Boardley and Moffat started to see an upturn in their results.

Any correlation between the differing results in the 7-car wider HARD. camp?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4076260)   #71
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announcing a multi-year deal usually means you'll be in the sidelines shortly in the BTCC.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4076284)   #72
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Which in the main either Alloy or composite to get the same stiffness as a steel shell will be a fair old challenge
I guess there is always the option of checking the specifications of the i-Pace e-trophy cars that had an aluminium shell and FIA-approved ROPS?

Old 29 Sep 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4076290)   #73
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The onboard safety light is coming.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2021...lights-system/
Old 29 Sep 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4076297)   #74
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Any correlation between the differing results in the 7-car wider HARD. camp?
Yes, one car is entirely operated by BMR, two by Bob Moffat and the test by an ex-MMA fighter with delusions of grandeur.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4076300)   #75
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Yes, one car is entirely operated by BMR, two by Bob Moffat and the test by an ex-MMA fighter with delusions of grandeur.
I meant - now that Laser Tools and HARD. have combined efforts, has there been a re-alignment of resources mid-season to bolster the Infiniti effort, in lieu of the Cupras?

Sutton (Dec 20): 'It's great to have the addition of Carl Boardley and Team Hard with us for the upcoming season. '

Moffat Sr (Dec 20): 'Having worked commercially with both BMR and Tony Gilham at Team Hard for a number of years, and with our team's amazing success in 2020, I feel that now is the time to elevate Laser Tools Racing to another level. Both teams will utilise some of each other’s resources to assist each other on and off track.'