Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Sep 2022, 01:56 (Ref:4125270)   #1
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heritage revival races

I note on the programme for this year's Bathurst 1000 they are going to have races for a class called "Heritage Revival"

Does anyone know what this is about?
Old 8 Sep 2022, 04:18 (Ref:4125272)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's Group C & A, without being Group C & A.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 09:15 (Ref:4125289)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There’s been a split in the Group A/C ranks.Yeah I know - the kings of nothing.
Apparently the faction that Supercars has contracted has just about none of the A/C front runners.Expect the field to be padded out with Group N.
Old 8 Sep 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4125346)   #4
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Apparently the faction that Supercars has contracted has just about none of the A/C front runners.Expect the field to be padded out with Group N.
What??

Just when you thought Australian motor racing couldn’t get any dumber and more stupid…

A split in Group C/A historic racing is laughable and sad….
Old 10 Sep 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4125519)   #5
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At one time we looked at becoming a support class for SC but that lasted about five seconds when the costs were added up and that may have happened here, some wanted it and some didn't. Just a thought in an idle moment and nothing more than that.
Old 10 Sep 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4125520)   #6
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From memory (so almost certainly incorrect) the June/July HSRCA meeting at SMSP had Heritage Touring Cars, instead of the 'usual' C&A.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4126475)   #7
willofan
Rookie

willofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
From memory (so almost certainly incorrect) the June/July HSRCA meeting at SMSP had Heritage Touring Cars, instead of the 'usual' C&A.
Is anyone who is making comments on this post actually involved in the Group C Touring Car Association, Heritage Touring Cars, Group C&A or Heritage Revival Racing? Me thinks not!!
Old 20 Sep 2022, 06:52 (Ref:4126556)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
I can only speak for myself, and I am not involved with any of those. Other historic organisations, but none of those listed.

But, rather than chide us for lack of involvement, shine a light on the original question that Terry had.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 02:52 (Ref:4126648)   #9
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My information came from an A/C competitor.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 02:06 (Ref:4127218)   #10
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
It's Group C & A, without being Group C & A.
Is it anything new ?
http://www.heritagetouringcars.com.au/

Was/is a non event branding exercise.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 02:38 (Ref:4127225)   #11
cavvy
Veteran

heres hoping ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I note on the programme for this year's Bathurst 1000 they are going to have races for a class called "Heritage Revival"

Perhaps it is aiming to includes the likes of the Carey McMahon Whincup Monza.

Was fabulous then & is every bit as good in Careys hands:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/whincup-...r-race-return/

I understand the Clearihan/Edmondson Alfetta is ready for action.
Old 25 Sep 2022, 04:05 (Ref:4127246)   #12
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Perhaps it is aiming to includes the likes of the Carey McMahon Whincup Monza.

Was fabulous then & is every bit as good in Careys hands:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/whincup-...r-race-return/

I understand the Clearihan/Edmondson Alfetta is ready for action.
Historic Sports Sedans is a whole other thing.The numbers for that are getting reasonable but they intend to do demos rather than races.
They are scheduled to be at the Eastern Creek December historics.
Old 26 Sep 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4127488)   #13
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
Historic Sports Sedans is a whole other thing.The numbers for that are getting reasonable but they intend to do demos rather than races.
They are scheduled to be at the Eastern Creek December historics.
So its nothing to do with the 'heritage' branding ?
Old 27 Sep 2022, 06:22 (Ref:4127619)   #14
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Entry list at speedcafe

Interesting field of 40 cars.
I dont know if the actual cars from the day or replica/tributes, or which exact car they are or carry liveries of
Old 27 Sep 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4127630)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Entry list at speedcafe

Interesting field of 40 cars.
I dont know if the actual cars from the day or replica/tributes, or which exact car they are or carry liveries of
Certainly the Group N cars will likely be 'replicas'.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 11:46 (Ref:4127655)   #16
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Only 2 Group A cars.
The class front runners are not on this side of the “split”.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 13:22 (Ref:4127661)   #17
Fast_Eddie
Rookie

Fast_Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

I do as I am organising it.

The Heritage Revival is a combined historic grid. Currently made up of Groups C,A,N & S on an invited basis.

Group U (Historic Sports Sedans) are a potential inclusion for the future.

It is a showcase of historic categories where the aim is to curate grids on an event by event basis to create on and off track spectator interest, whilst competitors enjoy the experience of running at marquee national events - a max of 3 or 4 per year.

To my knowledge, there has been no “split” in Group C & A ranks. I am a current member of the Association and former director/president for many years. I speak regularly with the current Board and keep them informed of the approach to the Heritage Revival.

Motorsport is unfortunately populated by individuals with a me-me-me attitude who seek to create conflict when something doesn’t go their way, or conflict does not exist.

In this instance, the Heritage Revival at Bathurst is a Group C feature which means that post 87 Group A cars were not invited. I sense this may challenge a vocal minority, the ill informed or the ignorant.

Post Bathurst, should the concept build momentum, the intent is to have a variety of themes, with plans in place for a Group A feature event in 2023.

There was also a query on this thread regarding the Heritage Touring Cars name - explained as follows:

The Group C Touring Car Association was incorporated in around 2001.

Soon after Group A became a historic category, but the company name never changed. Ten years or so later, we worked out it was easier to create a trading name of “Heritage Touring Cars” than to try and change the Association name to the “Group C & A Touring Car Association”.

So the Heritage Touring Cars moniker for C&A has been around for close to ten years. Some historic promoters use it, some don’t.

With regard to the Heritage Revival, other than for the word “Heritage”, the Association and the Revival are unrelated.

Trust this sheds some light on the queries raised in this thread.

As of today, there is a full overview on the Heritage Revival at the 2022 Repco Bathurst 1000 published on the major motorsport online outlets.

Check it out - we hope to bring you all an engaging spectacle of historic touring and sports cars at the Mountain in a little over a week!

Regards, Ed
Old 29 Sep 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4127814)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
In this instance, the Heritage Revival at Bathurst is a Group C feature which means that post 87 Group A cars were not invited. I sense this may challenge a vocal minority, the ill informed or the ignorant.
Gotta love the simple explanation that requires no conspiracy theory - thanks for popping in to set us straight.

I'll be definitely watching!
Old 29 Sep 2022, 10:54 (Ref:4127832)   #19
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
If it is a mix of genuine cars and replicas/tributes hopefully they will carry an easily seen badge or something. Big R for replicas or a star or marking for the real thing.

Not being down on tributes. I love them, and respect and admire the people who go through the expense and pain to make a car they loved live again.
But it would be interesting knowing the car on screen now is the actual one that my favourite (or enemy- Im looking at you Mr Grice) driver raced in my nose picking days

Last edited by bathurst77; 29 Sep 2022 at 10:59.
Old 29 Sep 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4127833)   #20
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will this be streamed anywhere for those outside of the country?
Old 29 Sep 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4127856)   #21
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Will this be streamed anywhere for those outside of the country?
You can subscribe to 'V8 Superview' on the Supercars YouTube channel. All event broadcasts are streamed (and archived) in their entirety. For Bathurst, that's 4 days of 12-hour coverage which includes every Heritage session.
Old 29 Sep 2022, 15:21 (Ref:4127868)   #22
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I do as I am organising it.

The Heritage Revival is a combined historic grid. Currently made up of Groups C,A,N & S on an invited basis.

Group U (Historic Sports Sedans) are a potential inclusion for the future.

It is a showcase of historic categories where the aim is to curate grids on an event by event basis to create on and off track spectator interest, whilst competitors enjoy the experience of running at marquee national events - a max of 3 or 4 per year.

To my knowledge, there has been no “split” in Group C & A ranks. I am a current member of the Association and former director/president for many years. I speak regularly with the current Board and keep them informed of the approach to the Heritage Revival.

Motorsport is unfortunately populated by individuals with a me-me-me attitude who seek to create conflict when something doesn’t go their way, or conflict does not exist.

Post Bathurst, should the concept build momentum, the intent is to have a variety of themes, with plans in place for a Group A feature event in 2023.

There was also a query on this thread regarding the Heritage Touring Cars name - explained as follows:

The Group C Touring Car Association was incorporated in around 2001.

Soon after Group A became a historic category, but the company name never changed. Ten years or so later, we worked out it was easier to create a trading name of “Heritage Touring Cars” than to try and change the Association name to the “Group C & A Touring Car Association”.

So the Heritage Touring Cars moniker for C&A has been around for close to ten years. Some historic promoters use it, some don’t.

With regard to the Heritage Revival, other than for the word “Heritage”, the Association and the Revival are unrelated.

Trust this sheds some light on the queries raised in this thread.

As of today, there is a full overview on the Heritage Revival at the 2022 Repco Bathurst 1000 published on the major motorsport online outlets.

Check it out - we hope to bring you all an engaging spectacle of historic touring and sports cars at the Mountain in a little over a week!

Regards, Ed
I wish you the best of luck with this venture, at least you are having a go with a new concept which deserves support from the fans and involved participants.
Old 5 Oct 2022, 03:26 (Ref:4128708)   #23
cavvy
Veteran

hear, hear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I wish you the best of luck with this venture, at least you are having a go with a new concept which deserves support from the fans and involved participants.
Could not agree more.

Its always good to know what you are looking at, beats assuming ...

Old 7 Oct 2022, 00:12 (Ref:4128946)   #24
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a Split

Quote:
There isn't a split at all - it's just a group to support Supercar races, and this year's theme was the Group C era, with a limit on fastest lap times.
Old 7 Oct 2022, 00:12 (Ref:4128947)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ed, I gotta tell you this class has been one of my favourite things so far! I love the variety. Doesn't matter to me much if they are real or replicas - they are a love song to past eras. Some absolutely amazing cars. Thank you so much for putting it together for our enjoyment.

The combined sedans and other classes that got formed as a necessity after the pandemic have proven to be great viewing!

The fact that so many disparate cars can race so well together is excellent!