Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 10 Nov 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4133175)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The GSOH with a GSOH - A bracket to determine (just for fun)

Previously, brackets have been used to determine an entirely unofficial Greatest of All Time (GOAT) for drivers, cars and races through F1 history.

Suring those, a request made by a few people has been for a bracket to decide the Greatest Season Of History (GOSH).

By no means do I think this is a definitive result, and it is virtually impossible to reach any firm conclusion that does not have any subjectivity.

But - it offers a vehicle for discussion of each season, and so the GOSH bracket has been compiled and is ready to commence.

73 World Championship seasons of Formula One (F1) have been contested so far in F1 history, dating back to the first season in 1950.

For summary - The F1 World Championship season consists of a series of races, known as Grands Prix, held usually on purpose-built circuits, and in a few cases on closed city streets. As of 2021, the sporting regulations established by the FIA's Statutes state that the minimum number of events needed to form a F1 season is 8. The season can be declared a World Championship if F1 visits at least 3 continents in that season according to the International Sporting Code. Each season throughout F1 history has been made up of between 7 and 22 Grands Prix.

Over 73 seasons, there have been 34 participants from 15 different nationalities who have won the World Drivers' Championship, with Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton tied for the record for the highest number of titles won with seven. Over 65 seasons, 15 teams representing 5 individual nations that have claimed the World Constructors' Championship, with Ferrari winning more titles than any other squad with 16.

I will update this thread with links to each poll as they occur.
Old 10 Nov 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4133179)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Thanks for doing this bracket. Hopefully others will also be interested and it won’t just be me voting on every round.
Old 10 Nov 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4133180)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Thanks for doing this bracket. Hopefully others will also be interested and it won’t just be me voting on every round.

I won't need any tie-breakers in that case.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 21:53 (Ref:4133977)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
2003 not included?

One of the most open seasons of the modern era, and certaimly one of the top 3 years of this century.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 06:27 (Ref:4134001)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
2003 not included?

One of the most open seasons of the modern era, and certaimly one of the top 3 years of this century.
2003 will appear in the bracket.

To accommodate all seasons to date, the bracket is 128-wide with a number of byes in the first round.
The second round of 64 is where you will find 2003 first appear.