Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Feb 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4033515)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2021

I figured, tickets are on sale, might as well start the thread.

Just picked up my super ticket and camping pass. On the plus side the rates didn't go up - for me at least.
Old 4 Feb 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4033516)   #2
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
early bird gets the worm?
We're still getting Sebring plans/RV etc together.
I can't obsess over 2 races at once. My head would explode.
Old 5 Feb 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4033656)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well our area had a BIT of a change for 2021 so things had to happen fast. We've kicked joeb out from his usual spot under the tree and my price has gone up so there's that fun. Joeb may awaken to a haircut shop at his tent door Fri or Sat morning.

Plus side though I think we have 125' of street frontage along the track now though so there's that.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 02:24 (Ref:4034747)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Joeb may awaken to a haircut shop at his tent door Fri or Sat morning.

Plus side though I think we have 125' of street frontage along the track now though so there's that.
What did I do to require a haircut?

In regards to the frontage, did we determine if there are rules for that strip of grass between the road and the track where Field had to literally kick some people out last year?
Old 12 Feb 2021, 03:18 (Ref:4034751)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I drove past the track today.

That is all.
Old 12 Feb 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4034878)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What did I do to require a haircut?

In regards to the frontage, did we determine if there are rules for that strip of grass between the road and the track where Field had to literally kick some people out last year?
I have not asked. I did find the guys from Solo Motorsport who filled the area, grilled and fed Field. They're about 2 blocks from the stadium on Northside and I still hate them and they can't park at the shop any better than they did at the track
Old 26 Feb 2021, 02:51 (Ref:4037045)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can’t get Dad over for Sebring, so deferred tickets to 2022.

So what about Petit later this year (as well). What do I need? Ticket and camping - it’ll be car and tent. Do I have to buy early?
Old 26 Feb 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4037133)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Early is good in the event they restrict, unlikely given the current thinking and planning from even the most doomsday people.

Yeah, ticket and camping pass gets you in. We camp in the turn 3/4 "family" camping area. You won't be able to miss us at all this year. Behind where we usually camp is mostly grass but hilly, tent you can often find a space but recommend Thursday entry if you can, by Friday it can get very full. Others here camp over by turn 10. Some of the older camping areas are being closed off, car corrals or other nonsense so people are being moved around from their classic camping spots.

As long as you bring what you need, beer, food, tent, etc, I can offer fire, grill and some level of kitchen, as this was offered to me previously. But the rule is self-sufficient or we get to kick you back out. I am usually there on Tuesday with a box, beer and cigars for my week long vacation from the world.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4037149)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Self sufficient!!!!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4037158)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
See, told you that's the rule.

Although that is the guy who shows up with his sleeping arrangements set up, communal areas and generally in a cloud of dust 5 min before the big cars take to the track so
Old 27 Feb 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4037314)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I don't ask for shyte but gladly take luxuries when offered.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4037325)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
In fairness the record of inviting new people from the internet hasn't gone well with a couple of them snuggling up in your tent in a driving pressure washer rain storm.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4037454)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Sounds good. So I think the plan will be wait until we can be sure of getting people over and buy the tickets. Although I am tempted to just do it. But as I still have hundreds invested in Sebring tickets!

It seems like a decent deal. Weekend tickets $90 each. Non reserved campsite $65.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4037460)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No worries, we have a few who wait as well and got screwed this past year by limited sales and camping pass cutoff. Don't think we'll have that problem this year.

I believe we have 3 reserved spots this year, 315-317. All the space not in the lines is open, some less level than others. I get there Tuesday so if you're in need of space a large angry guy can hold some and dirty looks help.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4037500)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
How's about I park the beauty in T4 this year?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-school-bus/
Old 28 Feb 2021, 23:33 (Ref:4037509)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No worries, we have a few who wait as well and got screwed this past year by limited sales and camping pass cutoff. Don't think we'll have that problem this year. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...670ad656c5.jpg

I believe we have 3 reserved spots this year, 315-317. All the space not in the lines is open, some less level than others. I get there Tuesday so if you're in need of space a large angry guy can hold some and dirty looks help.
Are the reserved spaces RVs only? My Sebring space was reserved, seemed big too and we were only going to put a tent in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That's sweet. I'll find something good to park by it...

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Mar 2021 at 03:43.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 01:13 (Ref:4037519)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Are the reserved spaces RVs only?
They are RV spots but you can put as many tents as fit in it. Just one parking pass though. I'll be in a tent barring my wife deciding to buy a trailer.

Since she sent me this today. No, I don't have that cash laying around but it's a nice camper. No where to put it and can't get it in my drive at the house, road is far too busy and poor angle of entry
Old 1 Mar 2021, 01:23 (Ref:4037520)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
“Fabric so soft and supple, you’ll forget you’re wearing pants.” Now if that was also related to the RV then you certainly should buy it, forget the driveway, and just live in it feeling the freedom of no pants.

Even with pants it looks like a perfect motorsport camper.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4037612)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

I think that’s a great place if you can get the space.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4037653)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
“Fabric so soft and supple, you’ll forget you’re wearing pants.” Now if that was also related to the RV then you certainly should buy it, forget the driveway, and just live in it feeling the freedom of no pants.

Even with pants it looks like a perfect motorsport camper.
I was just about to make a joke about the pants too!

It'd be great if you made it to Petit this year. And I know i'm not supposed to say things like this but, we had perfect weather last year so you know what it means for 2021!

I get there Wednesday evening and usually put my tent under the oak tree on the edge of the 3 reserved spots in Broad's map. Don't know where I'll place it exactly this year, but probably towards the rear of one of those reserved spots. Hopefully I can squeeze my car in just behind those spots too.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4037785)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I was going through some things this evening and found these stowed away...not sure where the rest are and what exactly I should do with them.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 02:26 (Ref:4037786)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Nice. I guess you put them away so you can be delighted by them again in a few years.

So if I get a camping pass I can hang out. Any mileage in trying to get an adjacent reserved. Or is that not on or waste of cash that could be spent on a couple of good bottles?
Old 2 Mar 2021, 03:29 (Ref:4037790)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Waste of cash, and prob sold out, for the reserved, and more than triple a regular tent spot. Yeah, they bent is over with the redesign. You'll have space defended if you can make it, no problem there at all. Buy yourself a regular camping pass and we'll find a space for you.

Think all of my tickets are either in my camp kitchen or my truck, found the last 3 in my center console. Never even took them out after coming through the gate Tuesday.

It appears the actual ticket pricing has maintained with inflation. The camping on the other hand
Old 2 Mar 2021, 12:42 (Ref:4037904)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame they couldn't keep the campsite how it was and it's not worth paying the extra for a pass. At least there are other spots for everyone to hang out, so plenty to look forward to.

I can see why this event is so popular, not only have you got a great racetrack and a great event, but there's a proper atmosphere
Old 2 Mar 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4037958)   #25
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
our campsite has never been, and still isn't considered an official tent camping area. It's never on the maps nor on the website listed as a camping area. My guess is that it's due to the ground being so unlevel. We've been making it work for decades. I'll take some hilly ground in trade for the amount of grass we have over there though.

T minus 13 days until Sebring departure!
Attached Thumbnails
118549895_3352643848128099_3204865663703364428_o.jpg