Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Mar 2024, 13:14 (Ref:4202404)   #626
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's far far far better than the X7 crime against human eyes
Old 23 Mar 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4202424)   #627
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Coming from an Audi owner…
Old Yesterday, 20:47 (Ref:4203053)   #628
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Infiniti QX80

5.35 m long

3.5L 450hp twin-turbo gasoline engine
9-speed transmission
Rear-and four-wheel drive

From the side it looks like a Ford Flex.
Old Yesterday, 20:52 (Ref:4203055)   #629
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Audi Q7 (facelift)

Old Yesterday, 21:09 (Ref:4203056)   #630
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What is it with so many car designers these days with their fascination for outsize front grills? I don't find any of them to be in the slightest attractive.
Old Today, 06:03 (Ref:4203090)   #631
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What is it with so many car designers these days with their fascination for outsize front grills? I don't find any of them to be in the slightest attractive.
I'm sure there must be a practical reasons. Aesthetics don't usually come into car design
Old Today, 11:58 (Ref:4203142)   #632
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure there must be a practical reasons. Aesthetics don't usually come into car design
Uh, what? That's pretty much first in many of the designs after safety requirements until you get to high end cars when drag/df/etc are considered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Depending on where the main market is there are a few things at work. Pedestrian safety concerns make the fronts bigger and squarer to I guess push them under and kill instead of on to the hood, sorry bonnet. I went down the rabbit hole once of safety design and it was ridiculous to the point of worrying about engine temperature coming through the hood and burning someone hit by a car. My first thought was well the sun made my door so hot I burned my arm on the trim, can't imagine what the hood feels like now. And then to meet US CAFE regs there is a new frontal area to size ratio thing, it's a bit unclear what let's you use that instead of car vs truck but that's lawyers for you. Bigger frontal area means you can pollute more cause you're bigger, yeah you figure it out
Old Today, 13:25 (Ref:4203152)   #633
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's not the frontal area as such that gets my goat, but just the grill area, you know what used to be chromed and there to let air get to the radiator. BMW seemed to start it, followed by Audi and that Infinity just seems to be all grill and nothing else!
Old Today, 14:19 (Ref:4203160)   #634
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Other than American full-size trucks, the first big grilles I recall are the 2004 VW Golf GTI, Audi A4 and A6.