Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: What should be the name of the FC Euroseries
Formula Chrysler Euroseries 7 63.64%
European Single Seater Championship 2 18.18%
International Single Seater Championship 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Oct 2001, 20:27 (Ref:161114)   #1
Greg Murray
Rookie

Greg Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Chrysler Euroseries

Hi,I'm back.well I have looked into the new FC Euroseries(what it likes to becalled) and it looks like where all the rejects from F1,F3000 & other junior formulas go.The Engine & Chassis looks very impressive but I think my improvements would be better.
1.To have 2 chassis manufactures Renyard & Dallara.
2.To have 3 engine manufactures Chrysler,Opel & Honda(V8s).
3.To help out re-making the formulas Opel & Honda Euroseries and offer the winners race seats.
4.To rename and call it(SEE THE POLL !)

SO PLEASE REPLY.
Old 15 Oct 2001, 20:53 (Ref:161137)   #2
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahha i like the use of the word 'reject' there! i think it should be the european single seater one!
Old 15 Oct 2001, 21:46 (Ref:161168)   #3
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry but who cares? Its not like the series is likely to ammount to much... (IMO)
Old 16 Oct 2001, 09:28 (Ref:161310)   #4
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by Marshal
Sorry but who cares? Its not like the series is likely to ammount to much... (IMO)
that is a good point........its never gonna be a really popular series!
Old 16 Oct 2001, 14:31 (Ref:161450)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do people have to rubbish anything new before it starts? This one got off to a false start,but looks better than F.Renault.As to what to call it- F.Chrysler looks OK to me.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 16:39 (Ref:161506)   #6
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a website for the new series anywhere?
Old 16 Oct 2001, 17:01 (Ref:161512)   #7
Greg Murray
Rookie

Greg Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FC EUROSERIES

YES,It's www.euro-racing/issc .
Old 16 Oct 2001, 18:04 (Ref:161540)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not that url. I have tried it and it does not work.

I like the series. Nick Heidfeld's brother, Sven is in the series.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 18:50 (Ref:161561)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worked OK for me.But it has not been updated since June.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 18:55 (Ref:161562)   #10
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Why do people have to rubbish anything new before it starts? This one got off to a false start,but looks better than F.Renault.As to what to call it- F.Chrysler looks OK to me.
i wasn't rubbishing it, i just was just saying i didn't think it would that popular......but i hope it is, i mean its always good to have more good motorsport to watch!
Old 16 Oct 2001, 21:00 (Ref:161648)   #11
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Sorry, I probably shouldn't be so flip. My opinion on Junior formulae is that less is more, as it concentrates the talent in one place, so allows for stronger fields and better racing. If it was left to me there would just be FFord, F3 and F3000. Just my opinion
Old 16 Oct 2001, 21:18 (Ref:161669)   #12
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
Quote:

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be so flip. My opinion on Junior formulae is that less is more, as it concentrates the talent in one place, so allows for stronger fields and better racing. If it was left to me there would just be FFord, F3 and F3000. Just my opinion
its a good opinion!
Old 16 Oct 2001, 22:33 (Ref:161715)   #13
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Lisa Davidson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's lucky it isn't left to you Mr Marshal. After all, with so few series, the costs would be sky high and only the talentless, rich kids would be racing.

I saw one of the best races I have ever seen on the weekend and it's another of those one make series that you all seem to despise - it was the Formula Palmer Audi series at Snetterton.

This sort of series is the only place to find the genuine talent out there - not by giving some drivers with big budgets a better chassis or engine. Look at Justin Wilson, he's gone on to show that he won the FPA series in 1998 because he was the best driver that year and has now proved again he was the best driver this year in F3000. If FPA hadn't existed then, he'd have probably have had to race in another Formulae with limited budget and would not have been able to show his talent.

I look forward to seeing this series - as long as it's not too expensive and full of the rejects.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 23:01 (Ref:161725)   #14
BTC-P fan
Rookie

BTC-P fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too was at the FPA at Snett and you are right, it has always been good, close racing.

On the subject of the Chrysler and "rejects", look who is in 2nd place in the championship. Ricardo van der Ende, multiple karting champion, FFord Festival winner, FFord lap record holder on both the new Brands Indy and Old, Silverstone National and International, FFord Marlboro Masters winner and lap record holder and extremely talented and POOR. Why slag a Championship that gives someone that good a crack at making it?
Old 17 Oct 2001, 08:53 (Ref:161838)   #15
Marshal
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Davidson
Well it's lucky it isn't left to you Mr Marshal. After all, with so few series, the costs would be sky high and only the talentless, rich kids would be racing.

I saw one of the best races I have ever seen on the weekend and it's another of those one make series that you all seem to despise - it was the Formula Palmer Audi series at Snetterton.

This sort of series is the only place to find the genuine talent out there - not by giving some drivers with big budgets a better chassis or engine. Look at Justin Wilson, he's gone on to show that he won the FPA series in 1998 because he was the best driver that year and has now proved again he was the best driver this year in F3000. If FPA hadn't existed then, he'd have probably have had to race in another Formulae with limited budget and would not have been able to show his talent.

I look forward to seeing this series - as long as it's not too expensive and full of the rejects.
I see your point of view, but racing has always been expensive, and never been fair. Personnally I'd rather see Nissan or Chrysler or Audi put there money behind 3 or 4 promising drivers (like Wilson or Van der Ende) and let them race in a series with an international reputation, like F3 or F3000.

Also, why would the cost rise "sky high"? If all the available sponsorship resources were available for just a few championship, surely there would be more supported drives in those championships. And talentless rich kids don't win championships, anyone who has won British FFord or F3, and especially F3000, is seriously talented.

Finally, as for the merits and demerits of FPA, there was a very long thread about it when the cancellation of the "pro" series was announced this year. Included in that are some very good arguements for and against, the best, most balanced view being put forward by Richard Tarling (IMO), you can read it here

Last edited by Marshal; 17 Oct 2001 at 08:54.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 11:49 (Ref:161914)   #16
Lisa Davidson
Rookie

Lisa Davidson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I see your point of view, but racing has always been expensive, and never been fair. Personnally I'd rather see Nissan or Chrysler or Audi put there money behind 3 or 4 promising drivers (like Wilson or Van der Ende) and let them race in a series with an international reputation, like F3 or F3000.

Also, why would the cost rise "sky high"? If all the available sponsorship resources were available for just a few championship, surely there would be more supported drives in those championships. And talentless rich kids don't win championships, anyone who has won British FFord or F3, and especially F3000, is seriously talented.

Finally, as for the merits and demerits of FPA, there was a very long thread about it when the cancellation of the "pro" series was announced this year. Included in that are some very good arguements for and against, the best, most balanced view being put forward by Richard Tarling (IMO), you can read it here

Talentless rich kids do end up in the best cars and still even if they don't manage to win a series end up moving up into another series! The number of drivers through the years that have never won a race but somehow still make it to F3 or even F3000 is incredible.

And of course prices would rocket. With so few series they'd be so few teams and a high demand for seats. Therefore the teams could charge what they wanted because if a driver wants to race then he (or she) will have to pay for it

And do you honestly believe that if half those guys in recent years had not been in a go-kart since the age of about 3 then they would have done so well in a car? I don't and they only got in a kart at such an early age because rich daddy put them in it. Some of the better drivers in recent years have had no kart background and still proved themselves in a car (even if we're just talking club racing here).

With your method of only 3 or 4 series, would you therefore be getting rid of Club racing? Saloon racing?? It would be like saying the only football clubs a player who wants to play for his country in the World Cup can play his club football for are Premier League and Serie A! And a player in Division 1,2,3 or even down to Sunday League can forget about moving into a higher division.

And I read that FPA forum topic a long time ago and was going to respond at the time about Mr Tarling. I wouldn't believe him at all. You will all no doubt disagree but one time I though he was a good driver until he started winging in FPA believing he should be the 2000 champ . If he looked at his own driving performances rather than slating the car then he would have done a lot better.

In my opinion Gideon Cresswell had the best things to say - did you know that on Sunday he won his 3rd race of the season in FPA and finished the season in 3rd overall? Earlier in the year he qualified back in about 12th for one of the races at Donington because unlike the other drivers he had never been to the place before. Instead of winging and whining saying that the car was different to the one that he earlier in the season won a race in, he got on with it, learnt the circuit in the races and when the series returned to Donington later in the year he put the car on pole! Ahead of the guy who dominated the earlier races at Donington and ahead of Steve Warburton - instructor at Donington and eventual FPA champ this year!

BTW on that subject, well done Steve! Great driving this year and a great race to win at the end of the year - good luck in 2002! I'll be watching!
Old 17 Oct 2001, 16:32 (Ref:162063)   #17
Marshal
Veteran

Quote:

Talentless rich kids do end up in the best cars and still even if they don't manage to win a series end up moving up into another series! The number of drivers through the years that have never won a race but somehow still make it to F3 or even F3000 is incredible.
I agree entirely, its always amazed me how self deluding some drivers seem to be, when they plainly lack the talent to progress.

Quote:

And of course prices would rocket. With so few series they'd be so few teams and a high demand for seats. Therefore the teams could charge what they wanted because if a driver wants to race then he (or she) will have to pay for it.
Taht's not my point at all. i'd be expecting 100 entries for British FFord, 60 for British F3. Run 2 (or more) heats and a final - as used to happen. It was before my time, but I'm told the '73 British GP F3 race had 120 Entries - 3 heats of 36 and non qualifiers for each. That's tough, that's what I'd like to see.

Quote:

With your method of only 3 or 4 series, would you therefore be getting rid of Club racing? Saloon racing?? It would be like saying the only football clubs a player who wants to play for his country in the World Cup can play his club football for are Premier League and Serie A! And a player in Division 1,2,3 or even down to Sunday League can forget about moving into a higher division.

I'm only talking about professional racing, and I'm not limiting the number of entries to any given series. For club racing I'd like to see lots more things like the Monoposto Club, where a wide variety of different chassis from different formulae compete, and saloon series like the super coupe cup, one of the best things to happen in club racing during the '90s.

But it doesn't really matter anyway, as these are just my opinions of what I'd like to see happen in british (and european) racing, and my influence on such matters is slightly less than my chances of winning the lottery (if some could let me know the winning numbers for this weekend I'd really appreaciate it ).

Quote:

And I read that FPA forum topic a long time ago and was going to respond at the time about Mr Tarling. I wouldn't believe him at all. You will all no doubt disagree but one time I though he was a good driver until he started winging in FPA believing he should be the 2000 champ . If he looked at his own driving performances rather than slating the car then he would have done a lot better.

In my opinion Gideon Cresswell had the best things to say - did you know that on Sunday he won his 3rd race of the season in FPA and finished the season in 3rd overall? Earlier in the year he qualified back in about 12th for one of the races at Donington because unlike the other drivers he had never been to the place before. Instead of winging and whining saying that the car was different to the one that he earlier in the season won a race in, he got on with it, learnt the circuit in the races and when the series returned to Donington later in the year he put the car on pole! Ahead of the guy who dominated the earlier races at Donington and ahead of Steve Warburton - instructor at Donington and eventual FPA champ this year!

BTW on that subject, well done Steve! Great driving this year and a great race to win at the end of the year - good luck in 2002! I'll be watching!
And finally that's the great thing about these forums isn't, we can all express our opinions, and everyone's is as valid as each others.

Cheers,

M
Old 26 Oct 2001, 15:16 (Ref:165881)   #18
BTC-P fan
Rookie

BTC-P fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Ricardo van der Ende, inaugral champion ISSC.

Let's hope that this gives him the chance to have a crack in F3 or F3000.