Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2111905)   #51
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, first entry list has been posted today, and I'm not on it......

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/uk...teEngages.html

sniff! sniff!

Oh well, I'm sure there's other things to do in June....

James
Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2111913)   #52
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didnt realize Lotus Elan's raced at Le MAns - was that a private entry as I thought Colin Chapman famously boycotted it after his 23b was banned.... the Peerless must represent the best value for entry but scary speed differential.....
Old 23 Jan 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2111941)   #53
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Note that first list covers about 25% of places so suggest you may be OK.
One of my cars is not acceptede yet
Old 23 Jan 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2111948)   #54
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans

I have been fortunate enough to secure an entry in my TR2 and I have to say I can't wait. Interesting to note that the provisional list is quite short for some of the grids - probably about 50% of the maximum - so there's hope yet for anyone who doesn't appear on the current list.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2111955)   #55
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh, yes, of course that does make sense now...

And I suppose I'm not in the 'premier league' of drivers/cars they want, so I may be lucky and get in eventually.....

I'll keep my hotel booking for now - I guess if the worst comes to the worst, I may be able to make a sizeable profit on the hotel room alone!!

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Note that first list covers about 25% of places so suggest you may be OK.
One of my cars is not acceptede yet
Old 29 Jan 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2116350)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By all accounts there are quite a few Porsches entered,as well as the Elans.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2116622)   #57
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
There are not many Porsches on the list as the Peter organisation are not great lovers of hoards of 911 Porsches and very few Elans but understand Driller Sheldons car is going to be accepted should anyone get their HTP's in time.You would expect more Porsches than anyother marque in Grids 2 to 6 as they dominated the entry in period.66% of the grids are yet to be given out.Lighting.Rear lights at Le Mans important but headlights not as important as at Spa due to all Le Mans corners being lit unlike Spa
Old 30 Jan 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2116787)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that case I've been wrongly informed.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 09:15 (Ref:2116874)   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
wow, got to be worth the trip even on that short list, the capris and batmobiles will be great to see, shame theres not more of them
Old 30 Jan 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2117019)   #60
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

ZefThought you were going.List on LMC web site.Howmet will be good
No B's yet Terry
Old 30 Jan 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2117031)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I know Barry Sidery-Smith has been told he's in,I've been asked to drive another car should I fail to get an entry John,fingers crossed.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2117046)   #62
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Many not on list are already confirmed such as Stanley Golds works Porsches and the Laidlaw stable.Probable last 10 in each grid are up for grabs but some are oversubcribed.Bit like that Woodgood place(but better)
Old 30 Jan 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2117074)   #63
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its in the diary John, its in the diary, hopefully all being well we'll hve a family weekend there.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2124827)   #64
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
Just heard today that I haven't got an entry......sniff!

Oh, well...!

James
Old 10 Feb 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2125257)   #65
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The list of accepted entries are on LMC Web site

We are in with Fleet
Old 10 Feb 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2125263)   #66
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Burnett and Hadfield same team.Thought Capello had a big job!
Old 10 Feb 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2125575)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
The list of accepted entries are on LMC Web site

We are in with Fleet

Yes I know,it would be nice if I could actually access the site!,Just freezes up before the download. I'll wait and see what happens with the other drive.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2125589)   #68
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm sorry James didn't get an entry but what an absolutely stonking list of cars. Some pretty good driver line ups, too:-

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/UK...teEngages.html

Last edited by John Turner; 10 Feb 2008 at 09:54.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2125619)   #69
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, having looked at the entry lists in some detail, I have a question. Now everybody must know by now that I love Aston Martins and particularly the Project cars from the early 1960s. However, can anyone tell me why Project 212 (the genuine article by the way) is entered as a 1961 car, and therefore in the Plateau 3 group for cars 1957-61? This car may have been planned in 1961, but it was built for the 1962 Le Mans which was the only race in period it ran in (and very well at that for a while). It also appeared at the 63 Le Mans practice with a new Kamm tail, in which form it exists today. The car should sit fairly and squarely in the Plateau 4 group of 1962-65 cars, where driven competitively it should certainly still be mid field. I think it has been allowed in the earlier group on a previous occasion, where it looks frankly out of place, and historically is completely wrong. In fact, interestingly the E types of Webb/Pearson and Markey/Kinsella are both entered as 1961 cars, are placed in the 62-65 group which actually makes more sense. So, again I ask why 212 is in the earlier group?

Last edited by John Turner; 10 Feb 2008 at 11:15.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2125727)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Perhaps it's a "French" thing John,or some-one got the dates cocked-up,and yes,it is the real thing [lucky owner!!]
Old 10 Feb 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2125749)   #71
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

The organisers now know if they didn't before!
Old 10 Feb 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2125900)   #72
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey I'm in! Not sure I can cope with the rarefied atmosphere at this level of classic motorsport!
Old 10 Feb 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2125963)   #73
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one mighty another box ticked on great achievments

will you still speak to us mere clubbies now you are on the fringe of fame and fortune
Old 11 Feb 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2126794)   #74
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51
will you still speak to us mere clubbies now you are on the fringe of fame and fortune
Sorry, do I know you?
Old 12 Feb 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2127548)   #75
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
Blimey I'm in! Not sure I can cope with the rarefied atmosphere at this level of classic motorsport!
Live the dream mate! We might have to form a Triumph drivers' support group!