Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2272169)   #1
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Need a car ID please

Hi,

Can anyone ID this car for me please? I know I've seen it somewhere but cant on earth remember where... The picture was taken in Prag btw if that helps.

Cheers.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2272171)   #2
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a Gumpert Apollo, though I don't know anything about this particular one
Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2272173)   #3
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes! I knew I had seen it on Top Gear! Thanks!

Anyone know more about this race looking thingie?
Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2272177)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
green car for the Green Hell, Gumpert will be entering an electric-petrol hybrid race car into the next 24 Hours Nurnburgring this May. The race car is based on the Gumpert Apollo and will be piloted by ex-Formula 1 driver Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Dirk Muller.

The Hybrid Apollo uses both an 100 kW electric motor and a 3.3 liter V8 bi-turbo petrol engine and produces 630 hp. The electric motor will be recharged when the car brakes. On its maiden race, the hybrid-concept will be taking on race cars like the Porsche 911 GT3, Dodge Viper, Lamborghini Gallardo, BMW Z4 and Chevrolet Corvette.

Gumpert is fully aware of the 2009 Formula 1 rule that teams must use hybrid engines and has therefor formed a team around the former F1 driver Frentzen. "Motorsports can not ignore the necessity to save energy. I see a chance that our sport will go back to the forefront of technical development, making cars outside of the ractrack much more energy efficient," said Frentzen.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2272181)   #5
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that unlike the Frentzen chassis, the car illustrated was supposed to be run this year (?) by Renauer Motorsport, hence the Remus sponsorship. I think a mockup in that scheme may have appeared at auto shows over the last off-season.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2272261)   #6
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just saw the only one in America in the Gumball Rally 2 weekends ago. Ugly as sin, but very cool!
Old 20 Aug 2008, 21:04 (Ref:2272386)   #7
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think that unlike the Frentzen chassis, the car illustrated was supposed to be run this year (?) by Renauer Motorsport, hence the Remus sponsorship. I think a mockup in that scheme may have appeared at auto shows over the last off-season.
Renauer had plans to race the Apollo in 2007, but postponed these plans due to the uncertain future GT regulation at that time.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2272912)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I just saw the only one in America in the Gumball Rally 2 weekends ago. Ugly as sin, but very cool!

I wouldn't say we're 100% on the ugly here - I quite like it.....
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2273077)   #9
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I wouldn't say we're 100% on the ugly here - I quite like it.....
Hear hear!

I don't understand why it gets such a spanking!
Old 22 Aug 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2273170)   #10
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is cool, and there is reason behind the design. The aerodynamics of this car is in another class, it generates huge amounts of downforce.