Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jun 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1643542)   #101
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed, those KWM/Creation sketches are of a VERY attractive car. Hopefully the coupe moves forward.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1643558)   #102
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
photos anywhere else for non-dsc subscribers ??

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1643587)   #103
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I did the illustrations. I'll host the images shortly
Old 28 Jun 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1643602)   #104
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

clickable for a larger version
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1643637)   #105
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice job andy .. it looks pretty good

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1643639)   #106
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks great
Old 28 Jun 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1643674)   #107
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is a link to the article on KWM's website.............
Old 28 Jun 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1643780)   #108
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Looks great
Thanks
Old 28 Jun 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1643826)   #109
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
It looks fantastic!!!!!!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1643840)   #110
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks very good actually! can tell it's an LMP with a roof rather than a horrific-looking DP style - can see from the styling over the front and rear wheels. Me likes!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 03:14 (Ref:1643864)   #111
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Looks very good actually! can tell it's an LMP with a roof rather than a horrific-looking DP style - can see from the styling over the front and rear wheels. Me likes!
Thats right, plus the fact the ACO coupes (current and 2010) are distinguished from DP's not by cockpit width/height, but the long wheelbase and wide track, makes a massive diffenence.

And once again, I have to think these coupe plans have been in the making for a good deal of time, seems the manufactuers have been informed all along, and didn't here about the 2010 coupes for the first time at the ACO press conference!

The comments from KWM and Lola also indidcte 2010 coupes will not be exclusively for major manufactuers, although they may still take styling cues from a particularly road car.

Last edited by JAG; 29 Jun 2006 at 03:19.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1643905)   #112
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To me, the KWM/Creation car appears to have taken styling cues from the Toyota GT-One.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1643965)   #113
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Great stuff, the Creation coupe is just so much prettier than the current LMPs. It is exciting to look at, and as motorsport is a spectator sport that has got to be a good thing. I know many here could identify all the current cars if they were all painted black, but I for one couldn't. Adding a roof makes it easier to differentiate between models and the Group C era certainly produced many different shapes.
A few nods to manufacturers models where appropriate, (grills, lights, landing gear for Mercedes) should also hopefully work as long as they are part of the design and not afterthoughts. All in all I feel more excited than ever about the next few pilgrimages to Le Mans.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1644045)   #114
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At first I was very anti coupes coming in but with the drawings I have seen of the lola and creation I say Why wait that long.. Hell they look great
Old 29 Jun 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1644099)   #115
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The Lola and KWM coupe are build according the current LMP1 regulation, which has been valid since 2004. So we can expect these nice coupe from next year on: Peugeot, Creation, ...
Old 29 Jun 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1644148)   #116
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Interesting note on this link about a 'Porsche 'Le Mans car' under development launch is taslking about 2009. It strikes me that the ACO might have quiet commitment from manufacturers to build cars like this for the new category, and they will look more like the last of the 1990's GT1's than the current LMP's

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=14298
Old 29 Jun 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1644223)   #117
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There does seem to be a market for 'road car' style prototypes that are too radical for GT1, taking things a step further than the MC12, but can't really find a place in the current P1 class.

Interesting times.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1644228)   #118
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Interesting note on this link about a 'Porsche 'Le Mans car' under development launch is taslking about 2009. It strikes me that the ACO might have quiet commitment from manufacturers to build cars like this for the new category, and they will look more like the last of the 1990's GT1's than the current LMP's

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=14298
Interesting!

I was told that Porsche had a new GT1 in the pipeline about six months or so ago. I suspect this may be the car, and if so, I believe it's heading for the GT1 category rather than LMP1. Details were sketchy though...............
Old 29 Jun 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1644233)   #119
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow the new creation KWM car looks beautiful i look forward to seeing it racing next year for definite and maybe they will be even quicker but most importantly more reliable and the customer versions of the car will be very interesting to see as well, maybe team jota might make a return with one of the customer cars whether it be an LMP1 or an LMP2 but whatever happens that new car looks the nuts
Old 29 Jun 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1644260)   #120
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Interesting!

I was told that Porsche had a new GT1 in the pipeline about six months or so ago. I suspect this may be the car, and if so, I believe it's heading for the GT1 category rather than LMP1. Details were sketchy though...............
Sounds to me like a P1 coupe, with a road going version on the way, rather than a new supercar which will race in GT1.

I can't see how this kind of car would fit into GT1, the MC12 has had a hard enough time already, I hardly think the ACO would allow such a supercar to go up against Corvettes and Astons when P1 is designed for this type of 'prototype' road car.

Last edited by JAG; 29 Jun 2006 at 16:03.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1644265)   #121
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Sounds to me like a P1 coupe, with a road going version on the way, rather than a new supercar which will race in GT1.

I can't see how this kind of car would fit into GT1, the MC12 has had a hard enough time already, I hardly think the ACO would allow such a supercar to go up against Corvettes and Astons when P1 is designed for this type of 'prototype' road car.
If this is the case then the differentiation of rules between GT1 and P1 will need to be very carefully prepared
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1644281)   #122
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they are and potentially Porsche doing this reflects that they are.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1644293)   #123
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
If this is the case then the differentiation of rules between GT1 and P1 will need to be very carefully prepared
I'm not so sure.

Sounds to me like Porsche will build a pure P1 car, then produce a road going model with, possibly, the same drivetrain and styling cues, but that will be as far as it goes, IMO.

For a start a Carrera GT tub wouldn't be suitable for LMP1.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1644325)   #124
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few people have come close in this thread to this suggestion by linking the proposed drawing from the ACO to the shape of the current GT1 cars. But, to take that a step further would be that the ACO will seek to move manufacturers away from GT1 entirely to P1 (this is more in the original spirit of the event e.g. how far can you go in 24 hours, all setting out to achieve that aim, not trying to win a "class").

Consequently I would speculate the ACO want to move away from GTs to majority/all prototypes. Possibly with a 3rd class of prototypes for the current group of small prototypes (e.g. Ligier) which are getting faster every year...

This is just speculation...not based upon any fact and is an opinion...just an interesting idea to think about. Personally I'm not sure this is a good thing but then I'm not the ACO....

Archibold
Old 29 Jun 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1644345)   #125
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A couple of threads about these individual vehicles have popped up and can specifics about those vehicles:

Porsche working on a new ACO car?
New closed-top creation/KWM

Cheers