Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Mar 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3510875)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Veggie Of interest to LM fans: Tom Kristensen to author autobiography

Sportscar 365's site has reported that Tom Kristensen has admitted to plans of authoring an autobiography of himself and his racing career. Work is believed to start soon now that Tom is no longer a full time racing driver, which naturally affords the 9 time Le Mans winner the free time to compose a book about himself and a motorsports tenure.
Old 2 Mar 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3510881)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What, again?
He has several books written about him, but this will be the first written by himself.
But it does mean that his name will crash with another famous dane:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Kristensen
Old 3 Mar 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3511040)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we all wait with baited breath, lets hope he writes as quickly as he drives
Old 3 Mar 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3511089)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least faster than Ayse
Old 3 Mar 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3511095)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Old 3 Mar 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3511332)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I don't know what you mean young man!! It was finished in February - that was blooming early for me!
Old 3 Mar 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3511374)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't know what you mean young man!! It was finished in February - that was blooming early for me!
Nice of you to let us kn ow Andrew

Just read it and it was very good, loads more pictures and video's that usual, although the pictures of the meet were ruined by to many pictures of a scruffy man in a rebellion t shirt (no not you Eric)
Thanks for doing that
http://www.aysedasi.co.uk/
For those who have not seen it
Old 4 Mar 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3511738)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Simon - the fact is that you're just too photogenic.....

The video bits aren't finished yet. There are still more to put up and I need to re-order them on the pages.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3511754)   #9
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Nice of you to let us kn ow Andrew

Just read it and it was very good, loads more pictures and video's that usual, although the pictures of the meet were ruined by to many pictures of a scruffy man in a rebellion t shirt (no not you Eric)
Thanks for doing that
http://www.aysedasi.co.uk/
For those who have not seen it
Old 4 Mar 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3511766)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks Simon - the fact is that you're just too photogenic.....

The video bits aren't finished yet. There are still more to put up and I need to re-order them on the pages.
Does that mean i am to slow and stand around to much when there is food and drink about, anyway hope you did not mind me posting the link, your stories are always a good read
Old 4 Mar 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3511801)   #11
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I just hope we can buy the book at Le Mans and a few of us get lucky enough to have it signed by Tom K himself.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3511808)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Does that mean i am to slow and stand around to much when there is food and drink about, anyway hope you did not mind me posting the link, your stories are always a good read
In short, yes.....

And no, I don't mind of course. (I'm only able to post it myself in Cool Sites - not that it's necessarily all that cool.... ).
Old 4 Mar 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3511815)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I just hope we can buy the book at Le Mans and a few of us get lucky enough to have it signed by Tom K himself.
I share this hope.
Although he will properly be available at a few more events in Denmark, where it is possible!
(It would be another signed book by him to the collection) .
Old 7 Mar 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3512673)   #14
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The book will be ready for Le Mans, that is when and where it is being launched. I spoke to TK in Geneva on Tuesday and he had the first editorial meeting with the publishers this week.

I even published a shot of him with Darren Cox at the Salon.
Old 7 Mar 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3512680)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Very interesting and some great shots, but the big question is what on earth has happened to Sam's hair
Old 7 Mar 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3512682)   #16
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Very interesting and some great shots, but the big question is what on earth has happened to Sam's hair
For as long as I've been following sportscars intently that's the only hairstyle I've seen from Sam. Distinctive is the word that comes to mind!
Old 7 Mar 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3512684)   #17
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
For as long as I've been following sportscars intently that's the only hairstyle I've seen from Sam. Distinctive is the word that comes to mind!
This is the kind of thread that makes me return to ten-tenths. We start with a book on TK and drift into to Sam's topiary - priceless
Old 7 Mar 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3512685)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I suppose that it has been a couple of years since he last turned up to the tenths meeting in Le mans, hear him on MWM often but hair came as a shock
Old 9 Mar 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3513178)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I suppose that it has been a couple of years since he last turned up to the tenths meeting in Le mans, hear him on MWM often but hair came as a shock

Literally haha
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3513453)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
He has worn it short in the past - I'm sure I have a pic from a Tenths meeting somewhere......

Edit - 2006

Old 10 Mar 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3513581)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
now you know why the new hair was a surprise, i had no idea he was a fan of the "hair bear bunch" anyone under 40 will have to look that up