Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Dec 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3788697)   #151
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
April 8 – Marrakech, Morocco
April 29 – Hungaroring, Hungary
May 13 – NĂĽrburgring, Germany
May 21 – Zandvoort, The Netherlands
June 24 – Vila Real, Portugal
July 22 – TBC (Option 1)
August 5 – Termas de RĂ*o Hondo, Argentina
September 30 – Ningbo, China
October 7 – TBC (Option 2)
October 21 – Suzuka, Japan
November 18 – Macau, China
Villa Real?

I'm not surprised, WTCR controlled by the same stupid management.

I guess Option 1 is a brazilian or uruguayian location, option 2 is a south korean location.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3788699)   #152
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
Personally I would like to see COTA or Laguna Seca can join WTCR
US ronnd doeasn't have too much sense. No US team, no US drivers, these TCR models doesn't really rated on the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I don't see a reason in putting such rounds as Marrakech or Ningbo to WTCR as there are no manufacturers involved so there is nothing to promote in such countries. And racing with empty grandstands is not something that WTCR needs I guess...
Marakesh is OK, it'snot far from Europe.

Zuhai will have more sense instead of Ningbo.

But all in all I think a private based TCR series with european teams and mainly european drivers should concentrate to europe, just like the ETCC did or the DTM do. Maybe a very limited weekends outside of Europe, to become a World Cup or World Championship (Marakesh and Macau ot maybe an argetinian round))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Suspect it's more to do with the contracts Eurosport will have with these venues already in existence. I'd put good money on these being phased out over the next couple of years
I think you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
Wow, with Marrakech, Nordschleife, Vila Real and possibly Short-Suzuka 4 overrated venues in, while Spa, Imola/Monza, Salzburgring are out... and even Oschersleben produced entertaining races.

Man, I HATE street circuits.

Well, this mess of a calendar was to be expected. I hope TCR Europe gets a cool grid, then there is enough Quality-TCR to watch next year on worthy tracks.
Mee too. Imho only australians can make proper street circuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Not a bad calendar at all. I'd love to see a US round for TBC 1, perhaps they can join the IMSA Lime Rock event? I also wonder where they'll go for TBC 2, I guess it has to be somewhere in the Asian region as shipping the cars to another continent would be very expensive.
How much this intercontinental transportation could cost for the whole grid?

Tracks pays a huge license fee for held weekends, that is not enough for that?
Old 23 Dec 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3788855)   #153
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The WTCC's move to adopt TCR regulations should have happened "at least two years earlier", says series veteran Tom Coronel.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3788867)   #154
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
The WTCC's move to adopt TCR regulations should have happened "at least two years earlier", says series veteran Tom Coronel.
In his point if view he has right.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3788868)   #155
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess most privateers will share that point!
Old 24 Dec 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3788964)   #156
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzaan View Post
Villa Real?

I'm not surprised, WTCR controlled by the same stupid management.
The biggest crowd of the WTCC season, no?
Old 24 Dec 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3788984)   #157
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
The biggest crowd of the WTCC season, no?
Biggest crowd is Nordschleife with 200.000
Old 24 Dec 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3788985)   #158
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree with Coronel, the FIA lingered on too long with TC1 rules, they should have gone with the flow
Old 24 Dec 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3789010)   #159
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd add a round in Italy.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3789409)   #160
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comtoyou with three Audi?
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...mme-2018-wtcr/
Old 28 Dec 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3789415)   #161
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good especially given their claims about a good relationship with Audi. I reckon Comini is very likely to stay. Wonder whether Vervisch will stay.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3789418)   #162
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I’d like to see a “TCR+“ rule subset. This would allow for slightly faster cars. Keep the overall bodywork the same, but have a bigger rear wing, diveplanes on the front splitter, flat bottom underbody, 70bhp more etc.

I think that’s what the WTCC should have gone with. Make their own rule set an upgrade kit for TCR.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3789419)   #163
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I reckon Comini is very likely to stay.
Nope. He said that the Audi is past and the Subaru is his future
Old 28 Dec 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3789421)   #164
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Very good news...in my opinion with the rise of costs by FIA, the target is to recreate what exist in Blancpain: team factories.

Obviously manufacturers didn't really look into a Series (TCR International) but now it's all different with the status of Word Cup and the end of Wtcc. So i think we'll see a lot of factory teams in future.

Commentating on the Comtoyou team, they raced Vervish that was officially announced as an Audi factory driver some days ago That could help the ralation with the german marque
Old 28 Dec 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3789430)   #165
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Craft Bamboo likely to continue.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...inue-new-wtcr/
Old 28 Dec 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3789431)   #166
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I’d like to see a “TCR+“ rule subset. This would allow for slightly faster cars. Keep the overall bodywork the same, but have a bigger rear wing, diveplanes on the front splitter, flat bottom underbody, 70bhp more etc.

I think that’s what the WTCC should have gone with. Make their own rule set an upgrade kit for TCR.
Definintely agree!
Old 28 Dec 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3789440)   #167
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nope. He said that the Audi is past and the Subaru is his future
Well... this sounds like not-so-good decision in my humble opinion but let's wait and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo

Exactly what I think. For me WTCR being now (only theoretically!) main international touring car series in the world needs more spectacular cars. TCR provided good action but it'd be better if the cars were faster and if they had mor bhp under the bonnet.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3789453)   #168
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm baffled that Audi is willing to race versus Honda, Kia and Hyundai.

VAG's TCR program should be focused on VW and especially Seat.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3789455)   #169
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess they simply make a lot of money with the customer racing programme.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 17:01 (Ref:3789475)   #170
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The RS3 TCR has sold over 100 cars, so it's a profit centre. It's probably future proofing the Audi Customer Sport program a little bit too. The R8 has been rumoured to be coming to an end when the next version of the Lamborghini is released, which would be problematic to the R8 GT3/GT4 programs. TCR provides a backup.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3789494)   #171
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
They can always continue the GT3/4 programmes with the RS5, they'd be stupid not to with the money going round in those championships
Old 29 Dec 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3789621)   #172
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
April 8 – Marrakech, Morocco
April 29 – Hungaroring, Hungary
May 13 – Nürburgring, Germany
May 21 – Zandvoort, The Netherlands
June 24 – Vila Real, Portugal
July 22 – TBC (Option 1)
August 5 – Termas de RĂ*o Hondo, Argentina
September 30 – Ningbo, China
October 7 – TBC (Option 2)
October 21 – Suzuka, Japan
November 18 – Macau, China
Only just realised but that's a Monday. On TCR International website it says 19th-21st, only NĂĽrburgring round is 3 days long as well. They have just copied the date for the Europe/Benelux series. It's a national holiday (Whit Monday) celebrated in Europe so only UK won't have time off to see it.
I just found it peculiar. I know Qatar was on a Friday but a Monday is just odd
Old 29 Dec 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3789624)   #173
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well some BTCC rounds certainly used to be on a bank holiday Monday because I used to go to them. Don’t believe that’s still the case now but I could be wrong. Wasn’t the Oulton Park round typically on the May Day holiday weekend?
Old 29 Dec 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3789637)   #174
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Only just realised but that's a Monday. On TCR International website it says 19th-21st, only NĂĽrburgring round is 3 days long as well. They have just copied the date for the Europe/Benelux series. It's a national holiday (Whit Monday) celebrated in Europe so only UK won't have time off to see it.
I just found it peculiar. I know Qatar was on a Friday but a Monday is just odd
It's the Pentecost weekend, and the Monday after Pentecost is a bank holiday here. The WTCR weekend is part of the 'Jumbo Family days', Jumbo being a supermarket lead by car nut Frits van Eerd (who races a LMP2 Dallara himself in the WEC/LeMans with Jan Lammers) which has been a Max Verstappen sponsor since day one. Max Verstappen will do demo runs in his Red Bull that weekend as well, meaning BIG crowds.
Old 29 Dec 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3789649)   #175
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Well some BTCC rounds certainly used to be on a bank holiday Monday because I used to go to them. Don’t believe that’s still the case now but I could be wrong. Wasn’t the Oulton Park round typically on the May Day holiday weekend?
they havent had a btcc round on a non-Sunday for nearly 15 years