Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2844446)   #101
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Content of government's press conference
It is only the outside wall of the nuclear reactor building that exploded.
The hydrogen filled in the building exploded.
But containment of the nuclear reactor has not received damage.
Radiation levels after the explosion decrease.
Work to cool the nuclear reactor with seawater began.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2844457)   #102
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That is hydrogen for you--get that near enough heat or an open flame, that stuff will go up like a tender box, a la the Hindenburg.

At least the reactor is safe for now. Still, they've evaculated everyone within a 12 mile radius in case something was to happen. Hopefully it's just a precaution.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2844530)   #103
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry for you and your countries troubles ..... I feel for you .
Old 12 Mar 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2844569)   #104
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, let's hope this works out in the best possible way... so far they say the situation at the nuclear pant is less severe than Three-Mile-Island and much less severe than Chernobyl. We can only hope that it stays that way!
Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2844607)   #105
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish the Japanese people luck! I hope nothing major happens, with the nuclear plant in danger!
Old 13 Mar 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2845035)   #106
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts and prayers are with my JDM brothers! Glad you are ok samauri.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2845103)   #107
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Also many wishes of strenght and courage from Holland for you and your countrymen Japanese Samurai.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2845217)   #108
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
My prayers and thoughts go out to our Japanese friends at this time.

Its events like these that make you realise that motorsport is not everything in life and that there are more important things that we should treasure.

Im relieved to hear you are ok Japanese Samurai, I know we have never met or talked but I had been concerned for you.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2845274)   #109
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope things do turn out ok in the land of the rising sun.
The news the past few hours with the plants is worrying.
Completely devastating images the past few days, just horrendous.
It's also a relieving sight for humanity the amount of effort being done by so many people on site in Japan and across the world to help.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2845335)   #110
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okayama Official Test Cancelled in light of Earthquake Disaster

The SUPER GT official test event scheduled for March 19-20 has been cancelled. Series Opener panned to proceed as scheduled

The GTA Co.,Ltd (Representative Director: Masaaki Bandoh; hereafter GTA) has made the decision to cancel the 2011 SUPER GT Official Test event originally scheduled for March 19 (Sat) and 20 (Sun) at Okayama International Circuit.

The GTA decision to cancel the official test event out of respect for the tragic loss of life and property caused by the devastating earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan's northeaster Pacific seaboard on March 11 (Fri). Furthermore, the decision also takes into account concerns about the possibility of the transport of participating cars and traffic of personnel to the event interfering with current relief efforts in the aftermath of the disaster. There are also concerns for the safety of the event's spectators, drivers and team personnel in light of the continuing aftershocks. All of these factors would make it very difficult to hold an official test event as planned.

Concerning the opening round of the 2011 SUPER GT series, the Okayama round (Okayama International Circuit), current plans are for the event to be held on April 2 (Sat) and 3 (Sun) as originally planned.

Comment by GTA Representative Director Masaaki Bandoh
"We pray for the souls of the victims of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake of March 11th and we wish to express our heartfelt condolences to all those who suffered injury and the loss of loved ones and property. We also wish to express our sincerest support for all those who are now working for the relief and recovery of the stricken areas. On behalf of everyone involved in SUPER GT, we hope that the recovery will be as quick and full as possible.
Considering the tragic events and losses that have been suffered, we have decided to cancel the SUPER GT Official Test event originally scheduled for March 19 (Sat) and 20 (Sun). I sincerely apologize to all the SUPER GT fans who were looking forward to the test event and ask for your kind understanding." (http://supergt.net/en/)
Old 14 Mar 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2845430)   #111
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Yamaha-motor's press release,
The road in facilities in the SUGO circuit sank. It is uncertain whether this road is a main course.
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/news/2...ast-japan.html
Old 14 Mar 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2845529)   #112
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our photographer, just sent this email:

East Japan received big damage by the earthquake and the tsunami.
The motor sports driver, media and industry in Japan began to move to help.

Please help Japan by introducing this Web site on your media.

Juichi Wakisaka who is the SUPER GT racing driver established the Web site
of the contribution money raising.

http://www.js-style.com/savejapan/

It is possible to remit from foreign countries.

Sincerely,

Masaaki Kitagawa
Old 15 Mar 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2845934)   #113
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
The radioactive leakage of the Fukushima No.1 nuclear power plant rose to 400 milli sievert per hour. The maximum value until today is 8.2 milli sievert per hour. It is a very very serious situation.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2845998)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I dont know what your hearing in Japan , but the world atomic energy agency is saying that your government is doing everything correctly , and everything possible to contain this awful disaster .

I wish your people , your country and your future , all my familys best , I dont really know what else to say .

Im pretty speechless ......
Old 15 Mar 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2846043)   #115
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that has already been almost everything said in relation to this catastrophe.

My sincere Condolences to families of all the victims and the desire for a speedy resolution of all the serious problems at the moment.

I know that the main language is this Forum is English but considering the facts...

"私はそれがすでにほとんどこのカタストロフィーに関して言われたすべてであったと思います。 すべての被害者の家族への私の誠実な弔辞と目下のすべての重大な問題の速い解決に対する願望。"

Dear Mr. Japanese Samurai if is there any mistake please let me know.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2846073)   #116
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
My sincere Condolences to families of all the victims and the desire for a speedy resolution of all the serious problems at the moment.
"被害者の方々及びそのご家族の方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。現在の深刻な問題がすみやかに解決されるようお祈りします。"
Old 15 Mar 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2846099)   #117
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
"被害者の方々及びそのご家族の方々に心からお見舞い申し上げます。現在の深刻な問題がすみやかに解決されるようお祈りします。"

Thank you very much.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 01:04 (Ref:2847219)   #118
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
The helicopter of the Self Defense Forces began draining water off aiming at the used nuclear material keeping pool in the nuclear reactor.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhk-gtv
Old 31 Mar 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2856345)   #119
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okayama round rescheduled for May 21-22, between Fuji & Sepang.
Sugo is meant to be the round after that, but rumours are the track was quite badly damaged - an announcement will come in mid April
Old 12 Apr 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2862428)   #120
hn2214
Rookie

hn2214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey everyone, look what i see!!!!

Old 12 Apr 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2862494)   #121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn2214 View Post
Was that a real poster? Geesh, and there were comments about the ILMC Spa poster being sub-par...
Old 12 Apr 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2862672)   #122
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Was that a real poster? Geesh, and there were comments about the ILMC Spa poster being sub-par...
Spa and Sepang obviously both went to the same primary school to get their posters designed.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2862783)   #123
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
At least this one gave me a chuckle. The ILMC poster was more of a "facepalm" for me.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 03:32 (Ref:2863560)   #124
SUPERGT.KL.2011
Rookie

SUPERGT.KL.2011 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn2214 View Post

Actually,the original SuperGT poster looks like this...

But that was a good attempt at a 'Malaysianised' version Thanks for taking the effort and we'll see u at the Sepang track in June!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 03:58 (Ref:2863563)   #125
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGT.KL.2011 View Post
Actually,the original SuperGT poster looks like this...
?? That one you posted up is soooo much better.