Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3728955)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Out of curiosity what's with Vettee?
Old 24 Apr 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3728969)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
during this years Chinese GP, some fans had a sign up for SV but spelled his name wrong. they fixed it quick enough but a new nickname was born.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/850528...ese-grand-prix
Old 24 Apr 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3728971)   #53
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Because if Ferrari want to win the WCC, the least they need is a driver who will finish second to Vettel, or win if Vettel breaks down. Kimi isn't that man any more, on the evidence of the first three races.
Kimi is still a points machine. We'll see that through the season, IMO. Betcha a brew he finishes third and ahead of Bottas.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3729054)   #54
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Kimi is still a points machine. We'll see that through the season, IMO. Betcha a brew he finishes third and ahead of Bottas.
I'm not sure he is a points machine. Everyone talks about how he beat Vettel at the end of last season, but the numbers don't show that. In the last half of the season he only beat Vettel twice, and one of those was when Vettel retired. If that's considered good for Kimi now days, then I'm not that impressed.

In 2015 he was 120 points behind Vettel. For all the criticism Vettel gets for not deserving his world titles and not being that good, he's comfortably beat Kimi the entire time - even when Kimi was apparently doing well.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3729172)   #55
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure he is a points machine. Everyone talks about how he beat Vettel at the end of last season, but the numbers don't show that. In the last half of the season he only beat Vettel twice, and one of those was when Vettel retired. If that's considered good for Kimi now days, then I'm not that impressed.

In 2015 he was 120 points behind Vettel. For all the criticism Vettel gets for not deserving his world titles and not being that good, he's comfortably beat Kimi the entire time - even when Kimi was apparently doing well.
I dont think he is better than Vettel, but when the dust settles, I think Kimi will beat Bottas.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3729194)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
during this years Chinese GP, some fans had a sign up for SV but spelled his name wrong. they fixed it quick enough but a new nickname was born.

https://twitter.com/F1/status/850528...ese-grand-prix
Ha! Brilliant

Thanks.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3729197)   #57
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was James Hunt in a snowmachine race...not ski. I guess that is when he broke his wrist.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3729863)   #58
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is sad. I am fan of Kimi's - but he isn't the Kimi of old. I suspect that he might get a second place tomorrow in Russia. However, I think this is very likely his last season in F1.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3729938)   #59
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am expecting Kimi to win tomorrow. I expect him to win every race for the rest of the season..if reliability holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3729951)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I am expecting Kimi to win tomorrow. I expect him to win every race for the rest of the season..if reliability holds up.

Man, I could seriously do with a dose of your optimism Pete....
Old 30 Apr 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3729986)   #61
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
My cup is always overflowing!

Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3730118)   #62
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A decent performance from Kimi today and it was good to see him up on the podium. However, it still looked like Ferrari have a very clear number one and number two driver system there. Vettel was going for it till the end. Kimi looked solid rather than outstanding. It was better than before - but just not up to a level where I see him actually taking a race win.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3730129)   #63
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kimi was certainly a lot more impressive, at one stage he was the fastest on track. Certainly the car seemed to work for him this weekend
Old 1 May 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3730247)   #64
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Yes, Kimi was most impressive. He even blew the field away on the podium with cheers.

Old 2 May 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3730504)   #65
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi was marginally better this weekend but still way off the race pace shown by Vettel.

He doesn't look, or drive, like he's even got the mind set to go for a GP win. He look's like a driver who's been employed purely to support a Vettel championship bid.............maybe he has.
Old 2 May 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3730533)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Kimi was marginally better this weekend but still way off the race pace shown by Vettel.

He doesn't look, or drive, like he's even got the mind set to go for a GP win. He look's like a driver who's been employed purely to support a Vettel championship bid.............maybe he has.
It isn't maybe, he has been the support driver since he returned to the team, albeit very well paid for the job. If he can continue the pace and be there or thereabouts to back up Vettel they may as well keep him on as he is still a big name driver.
Old 2 May 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3730579)   #67
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Kimi did fine in Russia. I think there's still a good driver locked in there.
Old 2 May 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3730607)   #68
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Good driver, yes. But I could pick five drivers on the grid from the top of my head who would be doing a better job. And Kimi is the law of diminishing returns; he's obviously in the twilight of his career. If Ferrari were really brave (and they rarely are), they'd be looking for someone to groom who could take over from Vettel as team leader in five years or so. Massa learned a huge amount from being paired with Schuey and *almost* won the WDC for Ferrari.
Old 3 May 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3730814)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least Ferrari don't have the problem Mercedes could now have, now that Bottas has won
Old 4 May 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3730952)   #70
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Normally having two drivers capable of winning would be a nice problem to have, but Mercedes never seems to have control of its drivers.
Old 4 May 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3731046)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Good driver, yes. But I could pick five drivers on the grid from the top of my head who would be doing a better job. And Kimi is the law of diminishing returns; he's obviously in the twilight of his career. If Ferrari were really brave (and they rarely are), they'd be looking for someone to groom who could take over from Vettel as team leader in five years or so. Massa learned a huge amount from being paired with Schuey and *almost* won the WDC for Ferrari.
Yup that would be a good approach..

In that case i reckon the candidates would be: Sainz.
Old 6 May 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3731493)   #72
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sainz would be a really strong pick, I think, and would free up a seat at STR for Gasly.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3733416)   #73
stripedcat
Veteran

Kimi was unlucky today. At least he gave that little kid the Ferrari cap.
Old 14 May 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3733501)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, good stuff - made him a real winner...
Old 15 May 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3733584)   #75
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unlucky but I put the blame half on him for the incident, he gave Bottas no room. Of course Bottas got up up the kerb (which he probably shouldn't have done, in hindsight) naturally wobbled off it as you'd expect. Kimi had the power to give Verstappen as much room as he wanted, just as Bottas had the power to give Kimi as much roon as he wanted. Bottas took too much kerb, gave Kimi too much luxury, Kimi should have known what was going to happen and not cramped him so much. Verstappen wasn't important, he could have just run him off the track if he wanted to as they're all turn away from Verstappen. It was Kimi's space to dictate how much of it Verstappen gets and up to Verstappen not to hit the side of him or run off the track.