Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2001, 03:49 (Ref:68731)   #1
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Craig Pollock, the boss of BAR and a close friend of Villeneuve has indicated that Villeneuve was lucky to survive the crash and compared the crash with Jacques father's crash in 1982 at the Belgian GP and said "I've studied the accident his father had and it was exactly the same. The only thing is that Gilles didn't go into the barriers and his seatbelts gave in. In this one I saw Jacques going straight towards the wall, and then I thought about Greg Moore, the Canadian CART driver killed at Fontana Speedway, California in 1999, The cars can hold up perfectly and the guy inside just can't sustain the shock."

I' not sure if JV would still survive had he not landed into the gravel trap but in the way of the approaching cars on the track?

Scary thought.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 04:35 (Ref:68736)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think that had Jacques come to a stop on the track, all those behind would have seen the flying car, bits and pieces falling of, the huge cloud of flying debris, all travelling in the same direction and almost at the same speed as the other cars, that I think they would have been able to slow and avoid him. It would have taken cars on the track a helluva lot less track to stop when using their brakes, than the spiralling summersaulting BAR. This is only my opinion, mind you, and I admit I could be wrong here.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 04:49 (Ref:68737)   #3
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares Mr Pollock, as long as he is alive. All thoughts regarding this incident should be directed to the poor ******* who died.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 04:55 (Ref:68739)   #4
Schumi Shemale
Rookie

Schumi Shemale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Who cares about the geek who died, at least Jacque took out a Schumi, lol.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 05:02 (Ref:68743)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a seriously ill-mannered thing to say. I see you're new around here, so you might as well know right now that we don't make jokes about death on this forum.

It's no wonder Jacques checked himself into the hospital with Pollock spreading that kind of good news around. What is the man thinking about, reminding Jacques of things like that?
Old 6 Mar 2001, 05:06 (Ref:68745)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Shumi Shemale, you are one seriously sick creature.Please keep such thoughts to yourself. This guy was unpaid and someone's father, uncle,brother, grandfather etc etc. Shame on you.Without these guys F1 would have an extremely difficult time operating.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 05:08 (Ref:68746)   #7
Schumi Shemale
Rookie

Schumi Shemale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

WHO CARES, NOT ME.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 05:09 (Ref:68747)   #8
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
Who cares Mr Pollock, as long as he is alive. All thoughts regarding this incident should be directed to the poor ******* who died.
I am terribly sorry about the marshall's death as well. I hope this incident will lead to a redefinition of the role of the marshalls, or how they should be better protected.

I posted this topic because I thought Pollock make compelling reference on the deaths of Gilles and Greg, you know, that their deaths could be averted if equipments are better tested to withstand the crashes. But it was only fate that JV did not flip over the opposite way.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 19:54 (Ref:68954)   #9
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree

I agree with you LYM. In the same way that things went terriably wrong and unluckily for the Marshall (the tire flying through that small gap in the wall) things when very luckily for Jacques in that his car didn't hit and land it the wrong and deadly way you have mentioned. There could have easily been two tragic deaths at Melbourne. This is not to take away from the sadness surrounding the Marshall's death, I'm just saying that it may have been even worse.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 21:16 (Ref:68984)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumi Shemale
Who cares about the geek who died, at least Jacque took out a Schumi, lol.
I'm very glad to see that this user has been banned from posting on 10 Tenths. So-called jokes like that cannot be tolerated - well done for taking action.
Old 7 Mar 2001, 05:52 (Ref:69091)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Diddo
Old 7 Mar 2001, 06:24 (Ref:69097)   #12
Alan Jones
Veteran

the only thing funny about that dude was his username
Old 7 Mar 2001, 07:03 (Ref:69108)   #13
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now Allan,

settle down in your old age, don't you start
Old 7 Mar 2001, 07:22 (Ref:69113)   #14
Alan Jones
Veteran

Hey Big Al, was he referring to TGW or his little brother.
I think I saw Ralf on Oxford St Saturday night.