Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Dec 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4023608)   #3026
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
No full blown factory teams allowed in GTD.
Clearly that must change by the time GTE is absolutely dead.

Last edited by deggis; 18 Dec 2020 at 12:10.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4023631)   #3027
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Nick Tandy moving to Corvette - I have to believe Corvette will not just stay with their GTE program in the States. Could they will enter the prototype category and compete for overall wins at Le Mans while race almost exclusively in IMSA?
Old 18 Dec 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4023636)   #3028
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far I know, gt3 hasn't a proper tech regulamentation... it follows just some guidelines like street car chassis, street car engine or however derivated from another one of the same manufacturer, abs/tcs, fixed gear ratios and just little else... manufacturers propose the car for FIA homologation and if everything is fine, the car is homologated as gt3 for X years... that's the reason why we could see unlikely racing cars in last 10 years like reiter camaro gt3 7.8L, morgan aero 8 gt3 etc...

To say, if C8R will get a new ECU with tcs and brakes/abs system, what will be the actual dividing line between gte and gt3?
sports regs can be bent in so many ways... if GM isn't interested in a customer program, could just give cars to a supported private team with work drivers inside.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4030151)   #3029
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://sportscar365.com/industry/kl...ogram-manager/

Remember how Kathleen Kennedy with Lucasfilm trashed Star Wars and the legacy of George Lucas. Lets how that Laura does not do the same thing with the legendary Doug Fehan's legacy.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 02:42 (Ref:4030152)   #3030
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry? What do you mean? I think I might be missing the underlying metaphor here.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 03:18 (Ref:4030158)   #3031
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sorry? What do you mean? I think I might be missing the underlying metaphor here.
Star Wars sequel trilogy was garbage. So I hope that Laura does not sink the Corvette racing program with crazy ideas or agendas or worse of all cuts in the funds.

With that said new ideas are doable and I think going forward starting in 2023 perhaps, Corvette C8 should go the GT3 route. That way they can have use of the P&M team to run in IMSA GTD Pro and the Nürburgring 24. I think they can do that race instead of Le Mans.

I bet IMSA will start GTD-Pro in 2022 and maybe they will grandfather the GTLM C8R in 2022 with BoP. That way P&M can run at Le Mans in GTE pro in 2021 and 2022. I feel WEC will end GTE Pro after 2022. Could be Corvette's send off year at Le Mans and starting in 2023 make Nurburgring the European race for them.

I read the 2nd S365 article about Laura after I made my first posting. I like her intent to embrace customer C8Rs for GT3. So P&M for IMSA GTD Pro and N24. Customer C8's for everything else, but with occasional pro driver support is my suggestion. Start transition in 2022, fully implemented in 2023.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4030311)   #3032
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Star Wars sequel trilogy was garbage. So I hope that Laura does not sink the Corvette racing program with crazy ideas or agendas or worse of all cuts in the funds.

With that said new ideas are doable and I think going forward starting in 2023 perhaps, Corvette C8 should go the GT3 route. That way they can have use of the P&M team to run in IMSA GTD Pro and the Nürburgring 24. I think they can do that race instead of Le Mans.

I bet IMSA will start GTD-Pro in 2022 and maybe they will grandfather the GTLM C8R in 2022 with BoP. That way P&M can run at Le Mans in GTE pro in 2021 and 2022. I feel WEC will end GTE Pro after 2022. Could be Corvette's send off year at Le Mans and starting in 2023 make Nurburgring the European race for them.

I read the 2nd S365 article about Laura after I made my first posting. I like her intent to embrace customer C8Rs for GT3. So P&M for IMSA GTD Pro and N24. Customer C8's for everything else, but with occasional pro driver support is my suggestion. Start transition in 2022, fully implemented in 2023.
What a bizarre comparison to make, what on earth does Star Wars have to do with Corvette Racing?
Also from that S365 article seems like Dagys is still pushing his BS about Doug Fehan being let go.
Old 20 Jan 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4030322)   #3033
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And my kids tell me they're actually prequels....not that I really care!
Old 21 Jan 2021, 03:07 (Ref:4030373)   #3034
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
What a bizarre comparison to make, what on earth does Star Wars have to do with Corvette Racing?
Also from that S365 article seems like Dagys is still pushing his BS about Doug Fehan being let go.
Are you saying Fehan wasn't fired?
Old 21 Jan 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4030445)   #3035
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Are you saying Fehan wasn't fired?
Dagys was the only one saying he was fired, everyone else including GG and MP said he was stepping down and I'm inclined to believe them over Dagys.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4030468)   #3036
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Surely better examples from sports! I wonder if there is something I am missing why that is a more relevant answer?

Had to look up her on Wikipedia and crikey she has quite a list of films that she worked on. So very good ones, classics. I think you can say her career in film making equivalent to the best team managers in sportscar!

OT.

Apart from anything else Star Wars went pants before the sequels! Surely more to do with the Disney machine if we define it’s From’s equal on. And Rogue One is ace.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4030530)   #3037
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://sportscar365.com/industry/kl...ogram-manager/

Remember how Kathleen Kennedy with Lucasfilm trashed Star Wars and the legacy of George Lucas. Lets how that Laura does not do the same thing with the legendary Doug Fehan's legacy.
Quite possibly the worst most sexist thing I have seen on the internet in a long time. Two people not at all related in jobs, history or life and you make the comparison because what? So far the only thing I can see is you've decided females can't do the job.

Oh and before you open your yap and seal your fate, Klauser has been involved in the C7 program, Cadillac Racing in the ATS and then the DPi program, and the Camaro GT4 program. So yeah, she's an outsider who's going to fill the place with new ideas and try to remake the history. Go on and rejoin the other cavemen and post such drivel and garbage on Facebook where it belongs.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4030736)   #3038
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Quite possibly the worst most sexist thing I have seen on the internet in a long time. Two people not at all related in jobs, history or life and you make the comparison because what? So far the only thing I can see is you've decided females can't do the job.

Oh and before you open your yap and seal your fate, Klauser has been involved in the C7 program, Cadillac Racing in the ATS and then the DPi program, and the Camaro GT4 program. So yeah, she's an outsider who's going to fill the place with new ideas and try to remake the history. Go on and rejoin the other cavemen and post such drivel and garbage on Facebook where it belongs.

Well put.

There’s zero reason she will perform any different to anyone would in that role. She has a decent background and a very in depth knowledge of GM so I don’t doubt she has what it takes to reposition programmes.

I hope they go GT3 corvette, DPi Cadillac/any other GM brand

Corvette has a great GT racing heritage so let’s maintain that a GT3!

For DPi I don’t think it matters what brand, but a Buick or GMC prototype makes little sense so kinda has to be a Cadillac
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4031078)   #3039
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
For DPi I don’t think it matters what brand, but a Buick or GMC prototype makes little sense so kinda has to be a Cadillac

I know we are getting somewhat off topic here, but...

I remember when the Cadillac DPi was announced, and a bunch of sportscar "purists" started on about how the big V8 was "jUsT aN sUv MoToR" and how it wouldn't be able to compete with modern DOHC turbo etc motors.

For that reason, I'd love to see GM just embrace it and make a GMC Denali LMDh.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4031377)   #3040
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting interview with the new boss here. GT convergence looking like sooner rather than later, at least in IMSA racing.

https://racer.com/2021/01/26/gm-corv...cture-changes/
Old 28 Jan 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4031686)   #3041
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
An interesting interview with the new boss here. GT convergence looking like sooner rather than later, at least in IMSA racing.

https://racer.com/2021/01/26/gm-corv...cture-changes/
If IMSA were to make that move, one wonders how long the ACO would stubbornly continue with GTE. I suspect a season or two longer than they ought to.

I don't really have much interest in watching only three types of car pounding round Tilkedromes in the WEC.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4031726)   #3042
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
If IMSA were to make that move, one wonders how long the ACO would stubbornly continue with GTE. I suspect a season or two longer than they ought to.

I don't really have much interest in watching only three types of car pounding round Tilkedromes in the WEC.
IMSA have just announced the death of GTLM, to be replaced by GTD Pro. Surely the WEC has to follow suit. But as you say, probably not in a hurry.
Old 29 Jan 2021, 03:09 (Ref:4031791)   #3043
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too many newly bought cars in GTE-AM for WEC/ELMS to follow suit too quickly, they need to look after their customers investments. Probably at least 2 years before aligning, so maybe 2023 at the earliest in my opinion.
Old 29 Jan 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4031863)   #3044
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Ironically, the two of the dominant cars in the class (Aston Martin and Ferrari) can be converted back and forth between GTE and GT3...

However, the Porsche and Corvette aren't readily convertible to GT3. Porsche have versions of the 911 for GT3 (GT3) and GTE (RSR), and Corvette have yet to have a GT3 version or conversion of the C8R.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4032047)   #3045
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Ironically, the two of the dominant cars in the class (Aston Martin and Ferrari) can be converted back and forth between GTE and GT3...

However, the Porsche and Corvette aren't readily convertible to GT3. Porsche have versions of the 911 for GT3 (GT3) and GTE (RSR), and Corvette have yet to have a GT3 version or conversion of the C8R.
For sure and because of that the GT convergence I felt was going to happen organically and it looks like its.

Corvette guys should get going with the development of the C8 GT3. I'm sure they are. There is a race in November...the 24 hours of Sebring that would make a great test in racing conditions.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4032049)   #3046
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
For sure and because of that the GT convergence I felt was going to happen organically and it looks like its.

Corvette guys should get going with the development of the C8 GT3. I'm sure they are. There is a race in November...the 24 hours of Sebring that would make a great test in racing conditions.
Oh yeah..the problem with that race is that series runs on spec Hancock tires.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4032051)   #3047
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought the Porsche concept allowed a switch between GTE and GT3 spec. Perhaps this was the previous generation cars?

Be great to have a GT3 spec C8 though!!
Old 30 Jan 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4032151)   #3048
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn't surprise me if Corvette will go LMDh instead of Cadillac. And then either no GT3 or a Camaro GT3.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4032174)   #3049
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Corvette will go LMDh instead of Cadillac. And then either no GT3 or a Camaro GT3.
Camaro is supposedly discontinued in a couple of years.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 22:56 (Ref:4032229)   #3050
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
They will be in both - LMDh & GT3.