Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2002, 11:09 (Ref:280151)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signs you are a Lousy Commentator - Melbourne '02

From my friends at British Racing Green

Signs You're a Lousy Commentator: Melbourne 02

If you said any of the following...

Aussie favourite Rubens Barrichello is on pole
Why are all those people waving flags with horses on them?
This year marks the first anniversery of last year's race
I'm just noticing this is not an oval track...
For those of you new to the sport, F1 is kind of like
drag racing, with turns Mika Raikkonen doing a flying lap now...
I'm looking through the race program....I just can't find Nigel Mansell
I'm fairly sure Toyota bought out Prost and are racing AP04s today
If I were Mark Webber, I'd be having diarrhea rightabout now!
Great Australian support here today, no doubt for Paul Stoddart, who is racing in one of the McLarens
Martin I can't believe there are only 70 or so laps during this thing... we had hundreds in NASCAR...
Wasn't Ricardo Rosset Australian?
Well enjoy the start, I'm off to urinate
Ralf Schumacher taking a different line through the first corner....wow, that didn't work
Now..this is something new....theres a silver Mercedes with the words 'Safety Car' written on it...its driving in front of the field very slowly...it must be a disgruntled spectator...just like they had at Hock..Hockern...Hocke...the German track they raced at once
Geesh, I drive a Ford that could qualify better than that...
Its great to be here today...rather surprising I was hired so fresh out of prison
I'd like to take a moment and say hello to my ex-wife, who is watching this on my television the court awarded her even though I bought with my own money 7 years ago
I'm not even going to pretend I have a clue as to whats going on... I assume something happens when the lights go out
Looking at those yellow Jordans reminds me that I haven't used a tooth brush in over 48 hours
Since nothing much is happening at the moment, I think I'll try to figure out what "DHL" stands for on the side of Eddie Jordan's cars
Mark Webber finishes fifth...why is he so excited? Its not like he won or anything...
Judging by all the empty beer cans by turn one, I'd have to say somebody is not going to remember this race tomorrow
I'd run down the order for you, but I can't pronounce these people's names
I can see why they call Michael Schumacher 'the flying Finn!'
Montoya has just unlapped himself during the restart
Oh my goodness! Those guys just did a nine second pitstop! It took me 10 to pull out my wedgie!
Alot of cameras around the circuit...I guess this thing is gonna be shown on TV afterall...
I probably shouldn't say this, but I have a real craving right now to set something on fire.
I'm guessing Jarno's accident was alcohol related
I'd like to apologize for not saying anything the last 28 laps
I just realized that Salo spun exactly where I fell over in a drunken stupor late last night
If those drivers had any heart, they'd save that champaign and give it Tom Walkinshaw...he's had a rough day
Old 8 May 2002, 11:26 (Ref:280179)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
or..."you know whats coming - go go go go go go zzzzzz"

copyright. j.allen.
Old 8 May 2002, 11:29 (Ref:280188)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Signs you are a Lousy Commentator - Melbourne '02
Your name is James Allen.
Old 8 May 2002, 11:32 (Ref:280196)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sorry that was a bit harsh, wasn't it? And kdr beat me to it!

Last edited by Adam43; 8 May 2002 at 11:36.
Old 8 May 2002, 11:43 (Ref:280204)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats the funniest thing to do with racing ive heard for quuite a while

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 8 May 2002, 11:46 (Ref:280208)   #6
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reminds me of murray walker!!!
Old 8 May 2002, 12:52 (Ref:280276)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ben edwards paid me to write it
Old 8 May 2002, 13:09 (Ref:280288)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I thought Bernie had paid you.
Old 8 May 2002, 13:19 (Ref:280300)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It doesn't help that the commentary is dull. At least Murray made the racing sound exciting.

'OH GOD, MICHAEL SCHUMACHER ALMOST WENT OFF!' when in fact he probably took the corner perfectly!

His pants-on-fire style is missed by all of us.
Old 8 May 2002, 16:30 (Ref:280399)   #10
kdr
Veteran

can't itv just hire a murray impressionist?
Old 8 May 2002, 18:00 (Ref:280474)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or a small child with a slight grasp of the english language.
Old 8 May 2002, 18:55 (Ref:280507)   #12
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've stopped watching F1 on ITV now that Murray Walker has retired. I now watch it on RTE. At least their main commmentator Peter Collins sounds good, especially when something like a crash happens suddenly. Example:

MELBOURNE 2002 FIRST LAP CRASH

Peter Collins: (a load of Murray Walker style shouting, I couldn't understand what he was saying )

James Allen: (monotone) I think were gonna have to restart it.

RTE use the same feed as ITV, but the commentators are far better. Sorry Martin Brundle I've nothing against you, but as for James Allen.....UGH!!!
Old 8 May 2002, 20:19 (Ref:280544)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'll say it again for thoses who missed it:

the James Allen-less solution for UK fans

1. Turn TV on
2. Turn TV volume to minimum
3. Turn on radio
4. Tune into Radio 5 Live (693 & 909 AM)
5. Enjoy the race with decent commentary; commentators who look out the window (eg. Brazil - I could hear what was happening at the first corner even if I could not see it) and have some entusiam
6. Remember to change volume on the hi-fi and not have a mild coronary when you press your remote and you hear Martin Brundle
Old 9 May 2002, 02:38 (Ref:280688)   #14
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree totally!!! I have always hated Allen. It seems the smug brigade have taken over F1. James Allen, the big blonde bird, and the James Allen-clone who now does the job Allen did(got that?)
Someone should put crazy drugs in his drink before the race to liven it up! "Aaaaaaah! Crazy potatoes coming out the sky, Schumachuppawaggaawagga...... dribble dribble HONNNNNNNNnnnk. Martin, over to you..."

Last edited by DavidStHubbins; 9 May 2002 at 02:39.
Old 9 May 2002, 08:40 (Ref:280782)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Oh, forgot to say, very funny Liz!
Old 9 May 2002, 09:18 (Ref:280797)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
For those of us in Australia, this is'nt funny. Eddie "channel 9 Golden boy" McGuire actually said 13 of the comments listed.

Does anyone remember the Mika Raikkonen comment?
Old 9 May 2002, 10:45 (Ref:280849)   #17
kdr
Veteran

although i did find it funny when allen started going on about kimi being too young to get married!

to ms.finland
Old 9 May 2002, 11:19 (Ref:280863)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is too young to get married, to Ms. Finland or anybody else. So's Eddie Irvine.

Signs you are a lousy commentator from the Champ Car race in Motegi: Persistent tendency to say "I don't know, I wasn't paying attention."
Old 9 May 2002, 11:26 (Ref:280865)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
After Murray left, I switched to Sky for F1.

The commentating isn't really anything special but it's not bad - and Damon Hill makes a lot of *****y comments which is always entertaining - and heckles EJ a lot
Old 10 May 2002, 05:43 (Ref:281489)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, dont knock Eddie McGuire! He is quite funny on the Footy Show! McGuire does spread himself around, doing EVERYTHING so there is the chance of a few errors... he is better than James Allen though, at least he isnt smug.
Old 10 May 2002, 07:17 (Ref:281514)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eddie McGuire is a fool and a tool of Kerry Packer, a 'golden child' if you will.

How he ends up with some of the most important sporting gigs, when he knows squat about them, is beyond me.
Old 10 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:281829)   #22
laudaman
Rookie

laudaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
I agree totally!!! I have always hated Allen. It seems the smug brigade have taken over F1. James Allen, the big blonde bird, and the James Allen-clone who now does the job Allen did(got that?)
Someone should put crazy drugs in his drink before the race to liven it up! "Aaaaaaah! Crazy potatoes coming out the sky, Schumachuppawaggaawagga...... dribble dribble HONNNNNNNNnnnk. Martin, over to you..."

I've never known someone who could potentially masturbate by standing next to a pile of Goodyears. Someone should also mention that waffling on about tyre pressures, three stop strategies and 20kg fuel loads is not exciting - it is in fact annoying.
Old 10 May 2002, 15:02 (Ref:281971)   #23
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why cant Murray come back??

The future cant be Orange for too long - maybe after the book is done - we'll be treated to a comeback??

Anything to get rid of Allen...Please!
Old 10 May 2002, 15:37 (Ref:282006)   #24
Aussiefan

"And it has been confirmed that Takuma Sato will start 26th and last on the grid, just behind the Simteks"

Old 10 May 2002, 15:44 (Ref:282010)   #25
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huh...? :confused:
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"