Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Dec 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3870532)   #26
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Knockhill is too far for the budget to go due to the extra motorway stop needed for a sausage roll. So we'll replace that with Spa.

Sounds like a solid plan. What can possibly go wrong?
Old 15 Dec 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3870542)   #27
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Knockhill is too far for the budget to go due to the extra motorway stop needed for a sausage roll. So we'll replace that with Spa.

Sounds like a solid plan. What can possibly go wrong?

Well, I agree as I always feel a UK series should be in the UK, but Pyro and Westcoast who were the biggest teams in TCR UK 2018, also did selected rounds towards the end of TCR Europe 2018... so if they are serious about competing in both, having the 2 series race at the 1 event next year is probably a budget saving overall
Old 16 Dec 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3870624)   #28
jungle_007
Rookie

jungle_007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Well, I agree as I always feel a UK series should be in the UK, but Pyro and Westcoast who were the biggest teams in TCR UK 2018, also did selected rounds towards the end of TCR Europe 2018... so if they are serious about competing in both, having the 2 series race at the 1 event next year is probably a budget saving overall
Are Westcoast coming back? They sold their cars, plus the Backman's are doing TCR Europe with another team.

I'm worried for the series, especially with TCT on the scene next year. Way too early for a rival!
Old 16 Dec 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3870638)   #29
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle_007 View Post
Are Westcoast coming back? They sold their cars, plus the Backman's are doing TCR Europe with another team.

I'm worried for the series, especially with TCT on the scene next year. Way too early for a rival!
I'm guessing stewart lines is doing his own series not TCR UK so yeah in that case might be a small grid!!
Old 18 Dec 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3871122)   #30
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think its looking all too good for this series next year. Other than the uproar they've caused by removing all of the unique, non BTCC tracks from the calendar and going to Spa, something that most of us won't be able to see. They've also had a good go at decimating the growing fan base they had by blocking anyone on twitter who says anything even vaguely critical of the series. The chap who runs that side of it seems to be a bit of a loose cannon, went off at me for asking on progress of rumours of a second Kent Hyundai being built. Very strange.

Other than that there's a serious lack of announcements (yes its early but after all the hype about so many being interested you'd think they'd be at least a few), TCT is here to sweep up some ex BTCC kit, the Cupra TCR cars and few S2000's, and Britcar and other enduro series have been rounding them up as well. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we seem to be very good at having 19 individual championships to cater for the same cars over here, it'll be interesting to see which scrapes double figures of TCR spec cars next year.

I can see the Kent Hyundai(s) back next year, Wilson, Crocker and Price too. I think Taylor is looking to go Europe, the Alfas god knows the minute they looked quick they went home trashed, and the rest are rentals that struggled to find drivers.
Old 9 Jan 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3874987)   #31
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Organisers of the TCR UK championship have announced that David Sonenscher is to take up the role of Chief Operating Officer ahead of the 2019 season.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3875440)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So they've announce a new COO but not much in the way of entries so far - given that it's the Autosport show this weekend I'd have expected some news regarding drivers. I know there are some TCR cars on show at Autosport but I haven't heard anything coming out from the NEC regarding confirmed drivers for this year.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3875450)   #33
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So they've announce a new COO but not much in the way of entries so far - given that it's the Autosport show this weekend I'd have expected some news regarding drivers. I know there are some TCR cars on show at Autosport but I haven't heard anything coming out from the NEC regarding confirmed drivers for this year.
what a difference a year makes! this time last year TCRUK was on everyones lips. plenty of talk about cars and drivers. now a year later there is almost complete silence; they bring in new management .but still hardly any car or driver announcements. that spells problems to me!
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3875451)   #34
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
I really do wonder when series like this are set up.

they are answering questions that no one is asking.

I really like TCR cars but the market is flooded. now if they had a class within a championship like the Continental Tire Series in America or the 24HR series in Europe then id get it.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3875453)   #35
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

Those cars on display i would guess are for WTCR, or more likely the Maximum Trophy which costs a lot less to enter
Old 11 Jan 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3875495)   #36
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Those cars on display i would guess are for WTCR, or more likely the Maximum Trophy which costs a lot less to enter
Plus Britcar Endurance and there's the possibility of Creventic races too.
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3875585)   #37
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Organisers of the TCR UK championship have announced that David Sonenscher is to take up the role of Chief Operating Officer ahead of the 2019 season.
Sounds an easy job. There's very little to operate...
Old 12 Jan 2019, 01:10 (Ref:3875638)   #38
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's no different to the rest of the national TCR championships. TCR Germany and Italy, two of the healthiest series in terms of grid size, haven't had an entry announced yet AFAIK either.

That doesn't mean that that the entries will come, but I wouldn't write off the series just yet.

But given events such as Lines forming his own series and Moffat leaving the series early, I would imagine that the formula wasn't well appreciated by the customers so I'm also sceptic...
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3875672)   #39
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from Touring Car Times; "New TCRUK chief hoping for slow growth"

"hoping for slow growth" are not the words of a confident leader
Old 12 Jan 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3875678)   #40
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
"hoping for slow growth" are not the words of a confident leader
More like death by a thousand cuts. The demand for it isn't here in the UK.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3875691)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was a nice try, but I can't see any more interest from potential competitors. Be really surprised if this series manages to get through to the end of 2019
Old 12 Jan 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3875698)   #42
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is though is that there are a number of TCR cars in the UK anyway it just seem that they would rather run them in places like Britcar for example or potentially Stewart Lines new series. What is the issues with TCR UK?

Why is TCR UK not really been attractive is running TCR UK just too expensive with the cost of entry, tyres etc.

Is it the fact that Britcar has 2 drivers in the car lowering the costs. Their are a number of TCR series where shared drives are allowed with 1 driver doing race 1 and the other race 2. Could that be something that TCR UK could do.

Last year for example their were issues with organisation with penalties being changed for example and one of the reasons that Moffat was lack of confidence in the series. has their been issues behind the scenes that has put of potential entrants.

And this new guy has been brought into help alleviate some of those problems.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3875732)   #43
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I struggle to see where entries are going to come from. West Coast are running in Europe, so thats minus 3 good cars from last year for starters.

Josh Price is off to GTs.

I don't know if Derek Palmer has had it with the Alfa - I suspect so - and if that means he's giving it up full stop or planning on running a different car.
Old 12 Jan 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3875738)   #44
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I struggle to see where entries are going to come from.

Dan LLoyd, being short on budget is just going to walk 12 laps of the circuits
Old 13 Jan 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3875811)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
West Coast's three Golfs are on the market. I suspect that operation is being wound up, which could also have an effect on the STCC grid this year.

The Backman siblings have bought seats at Target Competition for TCR Europe this year.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3875843)   #46
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
TCR UK should be just fine. After all they’ve just put someone in charge who’s been in Asia for 3 decades...
Old 13 Jan 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3875846)   #47
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was at Autosport yesterday and asked the very chatty and friendly people on the BRSCC stand whats going on and they were full of smiles saying everything is fine and not to worry. When i asked about the lack of any news coming out of the show they said that Autosport dosent have the impact it used to and used the British GT's lack of attendance as an example.

I also asked why was TCR UK not put on the British GT support pack and the answer i got was track time, or lack of would be an issue and also behind the scenes politics as well.

So I'm still none the wiser whats going on, also the brand new white Hyundai i30 TCR they had on show was borrowed from a German team for the weekend and not not being used over here.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3875851)   #48
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats the issue with track time?

They'd only need around 2hrs of track time over the entire weekend, especially if they did away with the 30mins of pre-race nonsense on the grid.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3875858)   #49
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
TCR UK should be just fine. After all they’ve just put someone in charge who’s been in Asia for 3 decades...
I don't know if this was sarcasm or not, but touring car series in Asia had pretty thin grids under Sonenscher's watch. I'm not holding out much hope with him being in charge over here.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3875877)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

What series did he run there?