Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Dec 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4089864)   #476
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Corolla TCR:

Beat me to it, looks nice, id wish for a side to side photo with the STC2000 car. (And some races for Rossi and López on WTCR)

TGR Argentina had a busy year!
Old 15 Dec 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4089895)   #477
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It finally exists! About time.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:31 (Ref:4090143)   #478
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That front bumper is ugly!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4090233)   #479
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, this is not a TCR car. Fenders look twice as wide as on other TCR gear.
Also the front lip is very long and wide...
Old 17 Dec 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4090319)   #480
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't think these fenders are differect to other TCR cars.
Front looks different but maybe that's also some optical illusion.

Old 19 Dec 2021, 04:57 (Ref:4090541)   #481
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The splitter is a control part for all TCR cars. On some cars it looks massive.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4090703)   #482
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

In my opinion car looks great.
Nothing wrong with the front.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4090720)   #483
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The arches look horrendous, but that seems to be quite common in touring cars these days.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4090739)   #484
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

In my opinion car looks great.
Nothing wrong with the front.
Ah I thought it was a hatch. Will be interesting to see if it makes it into Europe.

I suppose one of the biggest disappointments with TCR is how a lot of the 'smaller' efforts have failed (Subaru, Kia, Renault, Opel, Fiat Tipo, etc.), it would be nice to have another car alongside the 90% of Audis, Hondas, and Hyundais.

Speaking of the Fiat Tipo, what ever happened there? I remember it did a one-off TCR Europe race and I haven't heard anything from there since, was that last year now?
Old 21 Dec 2021, 01:10 (Ref:4090777)   #485
TuteZaek
Racer

Pechito López also did some laps with the Corolla on the Cabalen, here is talking with Ramonda.

Old 21 Dec 2021, 01:32 (Ref:4090780)   #486
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Ah I thought it was a hatch. Will be interesting to see if it makes it into Europe.

I suppose one of the biggest disappointments with TCR is how a lot of the 'smaller' efforts have failed (Subaru, Kia, Renault, Opel, Fiat Tipo, etc.), it would be nice to have another car alongside the 90% of Audis, Hondas, and Hyundais.

Speaking of the Fiat Tipo, what ever happened there? I remember it did a one-off TCR Europe race and I haven't heard anything from there since, was that last year now?
They went with the sedan because that's what they race elsewhere. Presumably there's a surplus of shells and body parts to go with.
Old 21 Dec 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4090852)   #487
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Video of the launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et2gLHi05hQ
Old 21 Dec 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4090864)   #488
TuteZaek
Racer

According with TGRA director Ramonda, the final homologation and BOP testing is expeted to April-May, but the WSC people that already saw the car didn't ask for any modification to be made.
They think the first actual racing the car will face its in the TCR SA, mostly for logistical reasons, but no team decided yet.
Globally there Is interest from various teams arround te world, some from Europe that already came to Argentina to see the progress on the project, USA and notably from Brazil, where a national TCR series could begin on 2023.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 08:47 (Ref:4090942)   #489
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think these fenders are differect to other TCR cars.
Front looks different but maybe that's also some optical illusion.

You are right, it just looked so extreme on this one photo.

By the way - it would be interesting, if the racing would get better without big splitters etc.?

And it would be great, if fenders could get back to the "beauty" of BMW M3 E30, Lancia Delta Integrale or Audi Quattro.

Looks a bit now, as if designers can only draw 90degrees edges...

Other TCR-gear: i don't think, any of these independent builders can only say "lets leave it in the shed"...at least they need to get some of the invested money back. Maybe these cars come up at hill climbs or trackdays.

In general i would love to see the Megane back in action.
Old 4 Feb 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4097416)   #490
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
A TCR Brasil was announced for 2023, also run by Mauricio Slaviero.

https://www.grandepremio.com.br/tcr-...naugural-2023/
Old 19 Mar 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4103280)   #491
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mk8 Golf TCR prototype

https://twitter.com/touringcartimes/...806302211?s=21
Old 19 Mar 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4103311)   #492
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Old 5 Apr 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4105436)   #493
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
The Toyota Corolla GRS and Fiat Tipo TCR cars are undergoing the official TCR homologation procedure in order to be certified by WSC Group’s Technical Department for racing.

The Toyota Corolla is being built by Toyota Gazoo Racing Argentina and is the newest TCR model to appear, whilst the Fiat Tipo TCR has been built by Italian company Tecnodom Sport.

The two cars have been through tests in the Pininfarina wind tunnel in Grugliasco, assessing their downforce and drag with the rear wing inclination set in different configurations.

Following this, the cars’ centre of gravity was assessed using the revolving platform of JS-PE GmbH in Rötz, Germany.

The Toyota and Fiat engines of the cars are being bench tested at ORAL Engineering in Modena. The new engine of the LADA Vesta Sport TCR is along being assessed at the same time.

https://www.touringcars.net/2022/04/...tion-procedure

I assumed the FIAT project was shelved.
Old 6 Apr 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4105496)   #494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There seems to be no indication the FIAT project is going to happen anytime soon
Old 6 Apr 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4105503)   #495
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There seems to be no indication the FIAT project is going to happen anytime soon
Apart from the fact it's being homologated...
Old 6 Apr 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4105504)   #496
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
https://www.touringcars.net/2022/04/...tion-procedure

I assumed the FIAT project was shelved.
Yes me too, a nice surprise! Hopefully it can get a few race outings this year.
Old 6 Apr 2022, 14:22 (Ref:4105529)   #497
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

A nice shot (IMO) from this week of the CoG testing.

And (very) recently:

Jonathan Giacon will drive a new Fiat Tipo TCR in the 2022 TCR Italy championship season with Tecnodom Sport.
Old 6 Apr 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4105543)   #498
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Read before you post...
Old 6 Apr 2022, 16:29 (Ref:4105544)   #499
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

A nice shot (IMO) from this week of the CoG testing.

And (very) recently:

Jonathan Giacon will drive a new Fiat Tipo TCR in the 2022 TCR Italy championship season with Tecnodom Sport.
Nice! I like the looks of this car.

Quote:
will drive a new Fiat Tipo TCR
Does this mean they built a second car? I mean the car is not new because they did already some races since 2020.
Old 6 Apr 2022, 21:31 (Ref:4105597)   #500
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It’s been confirmed in the TCR Italy series for this year