Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1818422)   #1
Dragaan
Rookie

Dragaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The British GT on GTR2

I never realised this area was here until today, so my apologies in advance for what might be old news to some of you.

I am part of a small team of modders (The Maddog Modding Team) who have combined their passion for the British GT with the SimBin game, GTR2. Our aim is to reproduce as many cars as possible that took part in the British GT seasons from 2000 onwards. To date we have completed 56 of them.

It is our goal also to produce these in as high quality as possible and that includes having every vehicle include the authentic helmet and face of at least one of the people who drove it. We have also altered the engines on a number of the vehicles to accurately reproduce their physics by taking the stats of the actual cars that drove.

So far we have had over 4,000 downloads since we first started this project back in September. We have also spoken to a number of the teams who have expressed their appreciation for our work. Our greatest accolade to date is that our render of the GT3 Mosler that we produced for the mod (and that will appear in the next addon) was used by Martin Short for the posters that he handed out at the Autosports International show in Birmingham.

If anyone would like to try this mod out, then its free to download at our website, maddogsimracing.com
We hope it gives you as many hours of pleasure driving it as it gave us making it. Please remember, this is an addon to GTR2. You will need the original game to use it.

Many many thanks to the teams and drivers that have helped us out with advice, info and pictures, most especially Martin Short at Rollcentre Racing, Balfe Motorsport, RPM Motorsport and Lotus Sport Cadena.